Tylan Taylor
Years ago

Where is Ken Carter?

Hey bro, where you at? It Tylan from Grevenbroich,Germany. Hit me up when you get this. 717-695-0011.

Topic #11399 | Report this topic

Panther  
Years ago

He always goes missing...

Reply #132886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ever heard of EMAIL????????

Reply #132931 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

The Mad Canadian (Ken Carter) died. You can't contact him on earth any more. Apologies to those who didn't follow The Late Show. Check the 4 minute video below if you don't know the story of the 1-mile jump in a rocket car.

Reply #132947 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

If there was a Nobel Prize for stunts - he'd get one posthumously... BTW - His name is Kenny Powers... Awesome stunt no less...

Reply #132965 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Johnny Sack,

"But two days later, the Ken Carter saga takes an abrupt and unforeseen turn. The money folk decide to secretly put Kenny Powers, Ken's, right hand man, in the car while Ken is relaxing in his nice plush Four Season's hotel room. Ken has no idea that the jump is going ahead."

Having watched Devil at Your Heels (one of the greatest 7-year documentaries of our time) many many timnes, I can tell you that yes, Kenny Powers (aka Judas - see picture below) made the jump, but the show was about Ken Carter. Ken Powers didn't die - he broke eight vertebrae, three ribs, and a wrist.

A few years later, Carter attempted a much shorter jump in a souped-up Pontiac Firebird. The vehicle overshot its landing ramp by 30 meters and landed on its roof. Carter was instantly killed.

Reply #132995 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Ahhhh ha - only an enthusiast could know that... you are a wellspring of information, Moses Guthrie - a wellsping i tells ya...

Reply #133000 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I think you will find ken carter in your local video store.

Reply #133025 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

"Yes, the trees pose a definite risk." I love the way he proposes planting roses to soften the landing and that hopefully, the cows won't be in the field of the day of the jump.

Good times, good times.

And then there's the way Ken speaks about his multiple personalities: Ken Carter the showman/daredevil/maniac and Kenneth Gordon Polsjek, the promoter/organizer/calmer half. When he talks about how "the two are getting to know one another better" you can't help but wonder.

Absolute champagne gold. I've still got this on VHS and must burn to DVD one day. I made my 3-year old sit and watch it with me one day.

Reply #133095 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Ahh that is one awesome doco. It has been far too long since Ive seen it.

How many Late Show tragic's are there among the Hoops SA contributers?

Reply #133103 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

I'm a late show tragic. Phizzer, my brother and I used to watch the VHS tapes regularly back in the bad ol' days of school holidays, in between Nintendo 64 NBA!!!

Reply #133111 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

I'm still searching for one of the black late show t-shirts or hats. Anyone... Anyone?

Reply #133120 | Report this post

The musical acts from the Late Show were always great:

Pete Smith (Aerosmith) "Dude looks like a lady"
Joan Kirner (Joan Jett) "I love rock n roll"
Syd Heylen (Van Halen) "Jump"
Mike Whitney (Whitney Houston) "I Will Always Love u"
Gabriel Gate (Frente) "Accidently Kelly Street"
Lester Ellis (Vangelis) "Chariots of Fire"
Jimmy Hannon (Jimmy Barnes) "Working Class Man"
Norman Yemm (REM) "Losing My Religion"
Baby John Burgess (Baby Animals) "One Word"
Max Walker (Cyndi Lauper) "Girls Just Wanna have Fun"
Dr Harry Cooper (Alice Cooper) "Department Of Youth"
Rex Hunt (T Rex) "Get It On"
Hayley Lewis (Huey Lewis) "Hip To Be Square"

Reply #156369 | Report this post

Used  
Years ago

Just a short message to all the people who know or have met Ken Carter.
This man is a serial liar, user and woman beater. He talks a good game, makes out hes a top ball player but has many women he actually takes money off to support him. He will try to sleep with your wives and take your money. He is not complimentary about his team mates either.....BEWARE!

Reply #162019 | Report this post

Sharlene Shepard  
Years ago

No i also loved him and he did me dirty too.Thank God his Wife Divorced him..Well guess he wont be get his citzenship now....Poor Ken!!

Reply #162022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree KEN CARTER is a waste of space on this earth!!! He thinks he can play basketball but ive seen 6 year olds play better. He couldnt even wipe his own arse if he tried!! He is just a lazy, scamming, liar, cheat but most of all the biggest W*NKER ive ever met in my life and i feel sorry for whoever comes across this con artist!!! KEN IF UR READING THIS JUST REMEMBER KARMA WILL ALWAYS COME BACK AND BITE YOU ON YOUR ARSE!!!!!!!

Reply #162093 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

The late show...

ahhh Champagne Comedy right there!

Tragic indeed :)

Reply #162101 | Report this post

Sharlene Shepard  
Years ago

lol thats funny what a dog.

Reply #162217 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

I blame Phil for this Ken Carter guy.

Reply #162231 | Report this post

Used  
Years ago

Ask about the coaches mother and the real reason he was kicked out

Reply #162261 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

Yes, The Late Show, another band was:
Al Grasby, Lucky Grills, someone Nash and Gwen Plumb, for Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young doing Teach Your Children

Reply #162299 | Report this post

Who Me?  
Years ago

bbgun, it was "Nudge" from Hey Dad!

As in Grasby, Grills, Nudge & Plumb

Reply #162313 | Report this post

Sharlene Shepard  
Years ago

who cares

Reply #162416 | Report this post

kencarterhaters  
Years ago

Does anyone seriously care!!! Did find out he Gay though!! lol

Reply #174187 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

TO THE BASELINE...SIRS!

Reply #174188 | Report this post

kencarterhaters  
Years ago

nah probably on the Bench lol could never play and lucky if he got 1min on the court

Reply #174670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This Guy is a DOG!!!!!!! scumbag

Reply #182924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol mr carter in germany now trying to get a gig playin ball...In the lower league.

Reply #208657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BIG stunt joke

Reply #307826 | Report this post

can someone please tell me where this ken carter is originally from? his approximate age? and any other pertinent info about him?? i know someone by this name and would love to warn my cousin about him if needed

Reply #322107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

probably in europe somewhere if he goes back to the states he will be arressted!!!!

Reply #368501 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:01 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754