Steve
Years ago

Who will follow Goorjian at Boomers?

I know it has been raised before but who will follow Gorjian as the next Boomers Coach? I think this will be following the next Olympics. Joyce? Black? Fisher? Wright?

Topic #11405 | Report this topic

The Journo  
Years ago

Someone who knows a lot about the young talent of today, cause they are the future.

So I'd hope for someone like Rob Beveridge, Marty Clarke or Iam Stacker.

Reply #132920 | Report this post

dry back  
Years ago

stacker hahaha, nice one. i needed a good laugh today

Reply #132923 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Agree with Journo - Beveridge would be a terrific choice as a future Boomers coach.

Reply #132955 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

For a moment there i thought he got the boot... oh - letdown... :(

Reply #132961 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

How about a foreigner (i am thinking Slavic nations)??? Or is the coin too insignificant??? As an aside - what would the position pay (ballpark...?)...

Reply #132963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Joey would be a great choice.

Reply #132968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh my god. Fisher?? Wright?? Are you kidding me!! Have you ever seen one of their time outs!!

Joyce has got to be a chance. Black, Beveridge, Clarke are behind him.

Stacker is done with that stuff, is he not??

Westover?? Could be worth bringing in to the mix before any change happens.

Reply #132978 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Maybe Beveridge took an NBL job to gain some credit ready? I think Marty Clarke is coach in waiting but maybe not yet. How about Gordie McLeod?

Reply #132997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I too like Iam Stacker

Reply #133007 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

it has to Brendan Joyce surely. He has been the assistant for some time and tradition and precedent usually shows the assistant to get the job.

Reply #133015 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

I would think that Al Westover would have to be considered a strong candidate and i would be happy to see a Boomers team with Al at the helm. Ideally you would want someone who has a good understanding of the international style of play so an overseas option may be worth at least exploring.

Reply #133020 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Assuming that all the predictions come true, Phil will be out of the 36ers next year. Then a good opportunity to run the boomers independant of club loyalties.

Reply #133086 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I think Joey would be a big mistake. Goorjian is far superior. Wright's only had one good year at NBL level after having underacheived for several seasons prior. To his credit he won it all this year but let's be realistic, many coaches would have done the same with that team. I'm not saying he's bad, but he's nothing special.

Reply #133252 | Report this post

davidk  
Years ago

It is probably insignificant who the coach is really. Australian team is always going to suck until we and the powers that be take the Australian team seriously. Regular games with good opposition, regular training camps with a nod to youth etc. They could go the soccer/football route and snare an international coach, someone like the current CSKA coach would be good. Talk is he might head to the NBA though.

Reply #133449 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754