Magpie
Years ago

Pasadena floor flex?

I was watching a few games at Pasadena over the weekend; did anyone else notice how much the new floor "flexed" under foot?

I found it very noticable even when watching spectators walk past (even little kids) let alone players thumping down the court; you could actually see the floor flex under foot. I must admit that when walking on it you could not feel any flexing at all. I have never seen this before at other stadiums and I took notice when I was at the Dome and Wayville.

Is this normal? Is this how new floors are now being laid down these days?

It is not my intention to say that the floor has not been laid or fixed properly, it is just that I have not seen this happen before and when I pointed it out to a few people, they then commented how much more it seemed to flex in relation to other stadiums.

Topic #11422 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Possibly cushioned under the timber??

Reply #133138 | Report this post

Pugsley  
Years ago

I've played there twice since it's been redone and it feels pretty good, haven't noticed any flex, but haven't looked for it either

Reply #133141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flex is good creates less wear and tear on knees ankles etc

Reply #133147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didnt notice anything. Feels great to play on.

Reply #133152 | Report this post

torn acl  
Years ago

pasadena floor is 110% - great job.

it is meant to flex a bit

wayville has the biggest flex - if you have not felt it (the flex that is) I have no idea where you play!

yes you are right - easier on backs knees etc - perfect to play on

great job and great to be back at pasadena

dome minimal flex

melbourne tigers used to run a flex!!! WTF!!!

Reply #133154 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Couldn't feel the flex in the floor at Pasadena? It's like a Rolf Harris wobbleboard!

Reply #133266 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:40 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754