benj
Years ago

WNBL rest will extend Jackson's career

Our mate Zac has in the paper today.

Link

I think the most interesting bit is this

Despite being offered at least $130,000 to play with the Adelaide Lightning in 2007/08, the superstar centre has elected to rest before the Australian squad meets in May next year.

and then

As well, the State Government - through the initiative of backbencher Leon Bignell - was willing to pay Jackson an extra $30,000 to play regularly at the Dome.

"Whatever the Lightning was going to give her, we would give her that ($30,000) on top of that," Bignell, Member for Mawson, said.

Topic #11450 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

personally with her injuries i think she has been silly to play the extra seasons the last couple of years.

Reply #133541 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

After playing in the NBA and Europe I don't think money would be a problem.

Reply #133561 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Might sound a touch cynical, but I wonder what Jan's view would have been if she was still the Lightning and not the Opals coach?

Reply #133571 | Report this post

torn acl  
Years ago

jan, lauren, penny all know where to sit with their responsibilities for aust b'ball - I do not think that would be a drama.

great to see govt helping out.

she would make double that in 1 month in russia

the big question is - who will be our big in 2007/8 ???

Reply #133608 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:19 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754