Nick
Years ago

Will Aaron Bruce make the NBA?

I don't know anything about this kid because I have nothing to do with American college basketball. For those of you more in the know, I simply want to know, do you think he's good enough to get selected in the NBA draft?

Topic #11452 | Report this topic

Years ago

no

Reply #133551 | Report this post

Years ago

no

Reply #133552 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

He was selected all American freshman in is first season.Last 2 season his production has gone down, due to injuries and bad shooting spells. A good season this yr and he is in with a shot.

Reply #133555 | Report this post

Years ago

no

Reply #133558 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

No chance what so ever

Reply #133562 | Report this post

jj red  
Years ago

he has a chance to make it but he will have to shine at the summer camps

Reply #133564 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

if aaron bruce makes the nba - he must be good mates with god

Reply #133565 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

FROM THE 'AUSSIEHOOPSAMERICA' WEBSITE COMES THE FOLLOWING COMMENTS:

Q: DEE

Do you think Aaron Bruce might take his name out of draft and return home and play pro ball? A draft publication said he wasn't proving much by returning to Baylor. Please write back.

A: CHRIS ANSTEY

Dee,

I think he will end up back a Baylor and use the draft camps as experience towards next year when he will employ an agent and nominate for the draft again.

Thanks for writing,

Chris

A: MARK BROWN

Dee,

I am reasonably certain that Aaron Bruce will end up removing his name from the NBA Draft. However, I believe he should return for his final season at Baylor. He can always return home in the future, but I hope he is of the mind to see things through in college. His situation at Baylor has definitely changed from his freshman year. They have more talent now and his role has changed and his numbers have gone down. The good thing is his team is getting better. It is possible that his draft stock will not improve with another year but he can still get better and finish what he started at Baylor.

Thanks for the question,

Mark

Reply #133568 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

I was very impressed by Bruce at the World Championships. If he can return to form in another season at Baylor, I think he could land on an NBA roster if he gets lucky.

Those last few spots on the roster are pretty tough work, but there is definitely an element of 'right time and right place'.

Reply #133603 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

He has already said that he will use this summer for experience and then return to college for his senior year. He can definitely make it, he's still a decent prospect and is on some mock drafts for 08.

His biggest problem is that his team has gone no where in the past couple of years. They started off pretty well in non-conference, but then it fell apart during the Big 12.

Like Daneo said, he battled injuries (I believe stress fractures in his foot and dislocated fingers) throughout his Soph. year, yet still played pretty decently.

He is part of a four guard rotation where he doesn't get enough opportunities. He'll score 20 one game, then dish 8 assists the next, he just hasn't been able to put them together regularly.

If he can get his name out there some more through these workouts, then put together a consistent season at Baylor (and have a decent W-L record) he can make it for sure.

Reply #133618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

of course he will!!!!
ps. no freakin way

Reply #133633 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Interesting to see Aaron Bruce at no. 37 in the 2008 mock draft on nbadraftexpress.com. Also draftexpress.com has Newley at No. 57 in their 2007 mock draft.

Reply #133676 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Pretty sure he was the top scoring freshman in the country in his first season so you'd have to say he's got a lot of potential, would love to see him develop into an NBA player but haven't seen enough of him to make a call either way.

Reply #133727 | Report this post

davidk  
Years ago

It's a very lean old year for Point Guards in the draft. He could make it because of that fact alone. I don't think there is a PG (maybe 1) in all the top 10 mock drafts. The problem is though, both for him and Newley is they may well be picked and get a good contract. The problem will be, they will be seen as bench warmers. Second round picks are not that highly rated. To really make an impact straight away in the NBA you have to be in top 10, otherwise it's a hard slog.

Reply #133738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MOST DEFINITELY!!!!!
I have never seen anyone with such a natural nag for basketball like Aaron Bruce. He was born with a basketball in his hands! He just flows on the court and everything is second nature to him. He is already an outstanding player with potential galore and he will only get better and better. The question is not will he make it to the NBA... but are there any limits to how far he will go?
To Aaron, you are a phenomenal basketball player! Best of luck and may all your dreams come true!!!

Reply #135264 | Report this post

austin  
Years ago

yeah

Reply #135806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope so, great kid.

Reply #135813 | Report this post

$  
Years ago

Anyone that says 'no' about Az making the NBA is foolish. Just because a player has a bad season (due to injury...no fault of his own) doesnt mean they are all washed up. i wouldnt dismiss him so early.
Its Experience that will get him there along with sheer determination... alot of which most of you lack.

Reply #136640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im from his hometown and with some inside information i believe he has every chance

Reply #191341 | Report this post

weirdo  
Years ago

yea deer of course he will hes a frickin sperstar

Reply #216378 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If he doesn't drink Julius' poison he might stand a chance

Reply #216389 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754