Isaac
Years ago

All-Star dunk competition poll - vote!

The NBL has listed the 9 nominations for the All Star Dunk Competition to be held in Townsville on January 19:

Adelaide - Oscar Forman
Brisbane - Kevin Freeman
Cairns - Marcus Timmons
Hunter - Brian Wethers
Melbourne - Dave Thomas
New Zealand - Declined nomination
Perth - Liam Rush
Sydney - David Barlow
Townsville - Robert Brown
West Sydney - Declined nomination
Wollongong - Andrew Rice

Adelaide's nomination is Oscar Forman and you can vote for him at the NBL site.

The top 6 make it through.

Topic #1146 | Report this topic

Avanti  
Years ago

Isaac,

How did they choose each club's nomination?

It would have been good to potentially see a repeat of THAT DUNK (or better) from Willie....

Reply #12701 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure. Probably the coaches or team made the choice.

Oscar got a trophy or something from a dunk competition in China or Malaysia (can't remember) a couple of years ago on a trip, but I can't imagine the competition was too strong! I think the crowd liked the exhibition though.

Reply #12703 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

The teams each selected a player to be entered. There are two teams who didn't nominate, hence there is only 11 candidates. I would have though Farley would be nominated over Forman though...

Reply #12705 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

*only 9 candidates ^^^

Reply #12706 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I think you will find Farley selected into the All Star team, and therefore would become ineligible for the Dunk comp.

Of course, should he not get in the all star comp......

Reply #12707 | Report this post

OZBBallDream  
Years ago

Oh I see, it's one or the other, I haven't seen Oscar dunk yet so I'm eager to see what he can do...

Reply #12715 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They asked around at training and Farley didn't want to enter.

I'm surprised that none of the young guys from the Razors or Breakers wanted the free holiday to Townsville!

Either that or they think the trophy should just be given to Freeman now.

Reply #12716 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Does Oscar have some nice dunks in his arsonal? I'm struggling to visualise him doing anything other than a quick flush but presumably he's got something special in store.

Let's hope Elle McFeast doesn't ruin the comp this year as a celebrity judge, Brett Rainbow was the 4th best dunker in his second victory after Calvin Talford, Marion Donaldson and Lean Trimmingham but attention seeking McFeast game him 10s and the others 5s completely ruining any hope of a fair contest. Damn you Elle, I'm still bitter!!!

Reply #12762 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Oscar has slipped behind Andrew Rice for 6th spot, everyone vote or die! :P

Reply #12858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I say give NEWLEY a spot...
Cant townsville have 2 representitives?? C'mon.. i mean they are hosting it aren't they! Newley could throw down some very nice dunks and entertain alot of people if he was givin the opportunity.. Who's with me?

Reply #12876 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754