4th Spazzy
Years ago

Norwood D North

Saw the Flames Rockets game tonight, and it was a great one !

Todd Mathews dropped at least 19 pts in the 3rd quarter alone...anyone know what he finished with?

Nwd won 108 to 103...nice touch at the end to sing the club song in the middle of the court with the under 12 floor wipers in the middle of the circle..

Kirsten hit a few clutch shots for north but Dusty was a little rusty, after just getting off the plane.!

Mars was packed and i reckon all that were there witnessed a preview of the grand Final...cant wait!

Topic #11466 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

massive win for norwood considering they were down 3 bigs in thompson jones and jones. great effort from the lads!

Reply #133800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nice touch at the end to sing the club song in the middle of the court with the under 12 floor wipers in the middle of the circle..

OR

They could have won the game and showed respect to a worthy opposition that they beat. Songs should be left for the change room and not infront of everybody.

Don't get me wrong Norwood were the better team and I actually think the score did not represent the game. Norwood Bench was entertaining as they were upbeat through out the game but North look like a morgue even when they scored major buckets. I watched as two people on the bench clapped as Hambour controlled an alley to score.

What are people thoughts with singing song in front of the other team and team parents........?

Reply #133801 | Report this post

Burgertron  
Years ago

We do it on court in the middle after every home win (never at away games). No disrespect intended...it just means we get to celebrate with the juniors that help and also our supporters.

Reply #133802 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

How is that showing disrespect?
you have got to be kidding me? are you just looking for something to whinge about or are you REALLY that sensitive? ....Keep it up flames great move....its great for the spectators and especially the younsters to see that passion!

Reply #133803 | Report this post

Dunno a lot  
Years ago

I know the eagles sing a club song after every win in their changerooms and often have half a dozen juniors in their singing it with them.

Having said that, I don't think i have a problem with what Norwood did...especially if like they say they do it after every home win. As long as they shake everyones hands first and if they do, then the opposition should pretty much be in the changerooms by then anyway.

Reply #133817 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

I think its a little too early to celebrate like that as it was 1 win that at the end of the day wont have too much of an influence on the make up of the finals.
I remember hearing Andrew Gaze at some point speaking about winning at the right time and thats still to come, but it was a solid win and a great spectacle of basketball. Tend to agree with first post, i think this may be a preview of the last game of the year.

Reply #133837 | Report this post

rowdy  
Years ago

a strange prediction for the GF, considering Forestvilles recent form.

Reply #133848 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The only problem I thought with singing the club song on the floor was that all the spectators were walking away at that time, so hopefuly they did it for the satisfaction of the team.

Reply #133877 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:07 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754