Suns coming of Age

Have the Suns turned the corner in what seemed to be an unwinnable series against the Spurs?

An amazing game today saw an unprecented "level playing field" provided by the refs, who until now have been the Spurs' sixth man for the series.

The Spurs dirty play came to light when "Big Shot Rob" landing a very dirty "Big Shot" on Nash. Horry's dirty play was deemed a Flagrant 2 foul and saw him ejected from the game in the final 20 seconds.

Can the Suns take the series lead in Game 5?

Topic #11493 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Wasn't that dirty....
slight exaggeration there..

Reply #134124 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Big Shot Bob sounds much better

Reply #134127 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

24 points, 15 assists from Nash. 26 and 9 from Amare.

23/6/7 from Parker and 21 and 11 from Duncan.

Suns went 12-1 to close out the game - impressive effort on the road.

Reply #134133 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Looked like a few dubious travel calls on Duncan, and a couple of no calls on the other end with Nash passing off and barging into people...Probably evened out for last game though...Great tough series with a few fights/scuffles...
Gotta love playoff ball!

Reply #134141 | Report this post

Mahatma  
Years ago

terrible last qtr 32 - 18

Spurs should have 3-1 lead

Another report is that
at the end Amare left the bench
during the fight and and will be suspended from game 5.

Reply #134143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Umm, dunno of you were watching, but the spurs lost the game, the suns didnt win it.

Duncan was horrible in Q4 and almost lost the game single-handedly.

And yes i'm better, they cost me a sweet 4/1 parlay I had with the Cavs win ;)

Reply #134148 | Report this post

Dont know why spurs keep going away from the game plan in the 4th. They did it in game 3 and now they lost it in game 4. Good to see some questionable calls called against Duncan for once!

Reply #134170 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Interesting to note that Nash was instumental down the stretch with a dishes to Amare, things could have been very different in this series if his platelets were working properly in game 1 to stop the bleeding.

Reply #134215 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

I really should apply for an NBA coaching gig. I heard there are a few going around next season.

In the "Bowen, Spurs playing dirty?" thread I said that the Suns had to double Duncan in the 4th to beat the Spurs and D'Antoni had to take a chance and play Amare when he is in foul trouble.

And what do ya know, the Suns did both of these things in the 4th quarter and win a massive game they had no business in winning for the majority of the contest, regaining home court advantage.

All jokes aside, the Suns did a great job especially defensively in the last 4 or 5 minutes doubling Duncan and making someone else beat them. And then Nash and Amare came up with some massive plays in the last few possessions.

Anyone that loves basketball has to be watching this series. Game 4 was awesome and props to ESPN for showing game 5 (and hopefully game's 6 and 7, if necessary). This was the series that I had been looking forward to the entire season - the best offensive team against one of the best defensive teams in the league. Although I should mention that ESPN did inexplicably cut out about 10 seconds in the last 30 seconds of the game and we came back to the brawl after Cheap Shot Bob body-checked Nash.

And on the Stoudemire "coming off the bench - automatic suspension issue", the Suns may argue that he was actually checking in for a sub, not coming off the bench. Hopefully he gets to play. You want to see the best players play in the most important games of the season. It would be such a shame if he was suspended.

Bring on game 5 and hopefully a very hostile Suns crowd, and another day at work avoiding the result!

Reply #134226 | Report this post

I love how the camera cant keep up with barbosa.

And no dunks tonight thank god. we didnt have to suffer marv albert say 'served up a ... facial'

Reply #134240 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

ELG, did you miss Stoudemire's huge put back over Duncan? :P

Reply #134244 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

ELG - if you don't like Marv's facial etc one liners you just ain't basketball my friend

Reply #134260 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Yes, And it counts.

Reply #134272 | Report this post

Bfresh  
Years ago

Marv Albert bingo anyone?

Reply #134344 | Report this post

Oh yes, i forgot about that. (stoudemire dunk)

im def keen for marv albert bingo

're-jected by stoudemire!'
'for the win'

Reply #134359 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

When are they going to put Walton and Marv in together?

I was watching a game from 2003 Spurs/Lakers and Walton says in a perplexed tone

"They have Medvedenko on Duncan??? Get...him....the...ball... IMMEDIATELY."

Classic.

Reply #134361 | Report this post

the best thing Bill walton ever said was when i think Lebron or dirk was backing someone down from the 3 point line, and walton was arguing how long he was allowed to do it. They replayed it in slow motion and he starts counting down normally. "5, 4, 3..." the other commentators lost it "Bill, its in slow motion!" then he starts counting down slowly. funny as.

Reply #134379 | Report this post

Mr Crutch  
Years ago

Apparently not

Reply #134802 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:44 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754