billo
Years ago

Dirk officially MVP

He won it narrowly over Nash with 1,138 points vs 1,013 (not that narrow I guess), Kobe was a distant third 521 points while Tim Duncan (286) and Lebron (183) were next in line.

Dirk had 83 first place votes, Nash 44 and Kobe 2, no one else registered a first place.

Interesting to note that all NBA first team centre Amare only registered 2 points which put him 14 in the rankings.

Here's more details.

Topic #11498 | Report this topic

Years ago

what a sad day for the nba...and no its not really intersting amare got than many votes - the voting systems are different from nba teams...being the only real centre worthy was the reason for amares first place selection...and the 1 more vote shaq got than amare...is meaningless...just means that 1 voter out of however many hundred said yeah...shaq should be fourth

Reply #134265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha what an absolute let down. choke.

Reply #134281 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

For f**ks sake Amare isn't the only real centre worthy for All-NBA and definitely shouldn't have been there in the first team over Yao.

Reply #134282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does everyone have a problem with dirk he is a good player and had a great season get off his back. Nash had a great season aswell but they werent gonna give him it 3 years running i know thats not fair but it wasnt gonna happen

Reply #134315 | Report this post

Years ago

double clutch...u cant give yao the first team spot...he played 48 games

Reply #134330 | Report this post

Years ago

'they werent gonna give him it 3 years running' ...this isnt like sharing or giving everyone a go (its the NBA) - that shouldnt factor in to whether or not he should win the award

Reply #134332 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

this is possibly the greatest day in NBA History the right man won the MVP. Dirk will now lead the charge to the championship next year

Reply #134343 | Report this post

Poor chauncey billups. Best player in the best team in 06...

Reply #134352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh i agree elg if dirk wins it this year in the best team in the comp, why the didnt chauncey win it last year wen they had the best record in the league, i mean he was the best player on the best team during the regular season so he should have been the most valuable player in the league.

PISTONS PRIDE!

Game 6 bring it on
DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!!!

Reply #134413 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754