AQL fan
Years ago

Lorenzini - poor kid

After a few small mentions, its true that Erin Lorenzini on the verge of being named in the Under 21 Australian team, in appartantly a terrible incident dislocated her elbow. she will not be ready in time for the world championships. in what was said true Lorenzini style she was just diving for a loose ball and collided with two other players. was said she was in obvious pain and was a frightening incident for all on lookers. thats just terrible news for a great kid. wish her the very best with her recovery.

Topic #11509 | Report this topic

russell coight  
Years ago

yes bit of bad there.

it's all about bouncing back now.

unfortunately it was her last stanza as a sapphire as she will be too old - still we all know she would have made the team and gone to russia.

she will rally and get back into that great guard rotation for the lightning this summer.

erin if you read this - we are right behind you getting back on the timber

Reply #134415 | Report this post

Done  
Years ago

Heard that Lorenzini is in talks with Dandenong.

Reply #134440 | Report this post

say what ?  
Years ago

hope not - but that is her old club and she is a melbourne girl.

the adelaide guard rotation is excellent for this season and to give up being part of that would be silly.

phillips,camino,foley,lorenzini

however dandy may be offering her a starter spot - usual story for back ups

Reply #134565 | Report this post

Dozza  
Years ago

Surely Adelaide won't let her go. I happened to see the 1st game against Japan and Erin was by far the best guard on the floor including the latest recruit who I will wait to see more of but her performance was not good to say the least.

I hope someone at Adelaide is thinking of team harmony. It's one thing to recruit players, another to get the mix right.

I know everyone is hoping Erin will stay, not only can the girl flat out play but she is a great team member and does heaps for the club.

But if she is not given a chance she will be lost because Dande is not the only one with feelers out.

GOOD LUCK ERIN - THE SAPPHIRES WILL MISS YOU.

Reply #134636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats a sad news for Erin, but I dont think she has been one of the best guards in the league , compared to some other guards in the league and in her North team

Reply #134713 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Very tough for Erin. However when we talk about Adelaide who can blame her if she is looking else where. I'm mean how many times do you have to looked over before you say stuff it I'm going somewhere where I can get some court time. Good luck Erin hope all goes well with the injury and whatever you decide with the WNBL you have fans here that know you are better then the limited chances you have had.

Reply #134806 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:12 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754