Isaac
Years ago

Spurs at Suns: Game 5 (spoilers)

Game 5 is underway. Suns are without Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw. Spurs are missing Robert Horry.

So far, looking like being an interesting game - the undermanned Suns are up 13-24 after one quarter.

Shawn Marion needed to lift and has done exactly that with an 11 and 7 opening quarter. Kurt Thomas has 6 and 5. No Spur has topped 4 points yet.

Get on the underdogs - go Suns!

---

Horry on his foul on Nash:

"I thought I'd just bump him a little bit," Horry said. "As you know, the great acting skills Steve has, when he hit the floor, then flopped and did 'Oh, I'm dying here' -- it happens. I really wasn't trying to hurt him. I had no malicious intent to hurt Steve. I like Steve. He's a good person."
Not sure what replays Horry was watching?!

Topic #11520 | Report this topic

Soft play  
Years ago

Turn it up Issac! If that foul was committed at NBL or ABL he would have only gotten a normal foul.... maybe an unsportsman like for what they are calling a 'hard foul' these days. He certainly would not have got thrown out of the game and the fact that he got games was absolutaley ridiculous! Just want to say that I am not a spurs fan either.

Did you see how Nash threw his arms in the air like an Italian soccer player....rubbish! The sign/wall that he hit was fully padded anyway...would not have hurt a bit. I have heard of playing for the foul but that was pathetic by Nash...I have lost respect for the bloke....I think its funny that his players were stupid enough to make something of it by leaving the bench...idiots! I know you have to stand up for your team mates, but everyone knows it is up to the guys on the court to do so! Only got themselves to blame.

Toughen up Issac.

Go Utah!

Reply #134492 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You're forgetting Horry's elbow in the aftermatch which was also a factor.

Horry was reckless IMO.

Reply #134500 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

81 - 81, with about a minute left to play.

Reply #134514 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Game over. Valiant effort from the Suns to lead for much of the game and then run out of legs (you'd guess). Basically played six guys and three minutes of Pat Burke.

88-85.

Reply #134518 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Isaac, shows the lack of depth in the Suns roster IMO.

Horry could well have pulled of the scam of the century.

He knows he doesn't have a massive impact on the Spurs as say Amare and Diaw, now the Spurs get to go back to Texas and try to close out the series on their home floor.

Reply #134519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think there was much in the foul at all. If that foul had happened anywhere but where it did, it would have been seen as simply a lazy effort by Nash to check Horry. But it happened near the scorers table where Nash had something to fall into and make it look a lot worse than it really was.

It was a foul, it was crap defense, but a 2 games suspension for that? Nash and the Suns are soft, soft, soft. Hate to say it, because I like the Suns, but its true.

Reply #134522 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Anon, you hit the nail on the head, Suns are soft.

Reply #134523 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

Suck it up sooky SUNS you
broke the rules you pay the price.

Thankyou David Stern

Thankyou Horry

and great 3 ball to finish

from Bruce Bowen.

Home to finish your season off Phoenix

Go you SPURS.

Reply #134525 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Horry MVP of todays game anyone??

Reply #134535 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

BTW, great read from Bill Simmons from ESPN on the suspensions and Bowen:

Read it here

Reply #134539 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Bizzy, how does this show a lack of depth in the Suns? You try taking Duncan and Bowen out of the Spurs and put them against a Suns team missing James Jones and we'll see if they get within 3 points. Ridiculous comment.

Reply #134541 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Billo, I think he is referring to the fact that only 6 players hit the floor, plus James Jones for 2 mins.

Reply #134542 | Report this post

Sorry but why are the suns soft. Because nash threw his arms up?

Reply #134558 | Report this post

Would not of hurt a bit you say. what about the shoulder bump running at full pace. maybe that could of hurt just a little bit.

Reply #134560 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

On that 3 bowen put up at the end nash should've stuck his leg under bowen when he landed, give him a taste of his own medicine.

Reply #134562 | Report this post

Number 5  
Years ago

New Jersey score 6points in the last quarter and still win... very lucky

Reply #134569 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Billo, thedoctor is correct, I was referring to the fact that only 6 suns players actually saw time.

Reply #134582 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Fair play, but there's not many teams out there that go further than 8 deep, especially when it comes to giving guys playoff minutes. You take 2 stars out of any team (including an all NBA first teamer) and they're going to look short handed.

Reply #134584 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

True, but the fact that the Suns stars were obviously tired, you'd have though D'Antoni would have run some other guys to give the starters a break?

Reply #134587 | Report this post

rusty  
Years ago

bizzy, give your gun players a rest?? with two already out..?? they are still playing a critical game 5 of a playoff series and were in the game (leading for the majority) right up till the last minute. if the game was over in the third, fine, rest your guns..but in d'antoni's situation it would have been stupid to do so.

Reply #134590 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

"Anon, you hit the nail on the head, Suns are soft."

Huh, Bizzy. Explain to me how the Suns are soft. Because they don't body-check opposition players? The Suns used to have a soft tag but in this series especially have gone a long way in shedding that label.

A soft team wouldn't have been able to win game four on the Spurs home floor after being behind for most of the game.

And a soft team certainly wouldn't have almost pulled off a remarkable victory against the Spurs without one of the best finishes in the game in Stoudemire and a pretty decent role player in Diaw. That takes heart and character.

Here's hoping a refreshed Amare has a massive game 6 and takes this great, dramatic series where it belongs to a game 7.

Reply #134598 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Here here Rat 10 and Rusty!!

If the Spurs win this series it will be a bigger miscarriage of justice than the imprisonment of Nelson Mandela. There, I said it.

Reply #134601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

na. spurs will win because they are the better team and deserve it. end of story

Reply #134620 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Love that Bill Simmons article.

Id love to see someone like Boti write about the NBL in similar style

Reply #134621 | Report this post

if you're a basketball fan, you'd want a game 7, with all the players back and no excuses. Then the best team can advance.

Reply #134648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

suns dont deserve it, if they get it they wown the serious but they didnt beat the suns!!
the foul was a hard foul with a bit of acting, not so sure bout the 2 game suspension. amare and diaw should not of been suspended, it just ruins the best series in the nba for a long time! did they even do anything after? did they push anyone or throw any punches??

Reply #134649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a few errors by me b4

spurs dont deserve it.
amare and diaw DID NOT deserve a suspension, they didnt do anything!!!

Reply #134652 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:07 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754