Isaac
Years ago

Internationals in the Suns-Spurs series

Spotted a nice story on ESPN about the various international players representing the Spurs and Suns in this series.

Spurs-Suns series highlights NBA's international scope

Parker, Diaw, Barbosa, Elson, Oberto, etc.

The carpet in the Suns' locker room is purple, comfortable and plush, and Leandro Barbosa knows it because he spent his first night in Phoenix sleeping on the floor near his locker.

He'd come from Brazil, where he had no bed, no money and no piles of shoes. So he asked if he could stay there, in part to pinch himself, but also because it was one of the most beautiful places he'd ever seen.
Or the part about Elson:
Elson speaks five languages, and often roamed the campus of Kilgore Junior College with a notebook in one hand and a translation book in the other. When Elson speaks with people, he studies their lips and their eyes. He wants to make sure he gets it right.

"There are certain words I can't pronounce," he says. "Still can't. Like 'enclave.' The letters, the alphabetical letters, for me are sometimes still hard. I'm thinking, 'Is it Spanish?'"
Interesting also to hear about the history between Parker and Diaw - in this series, mortal enemies, but they have a history as friends.

Topic #11529 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

During the telecast it was mentioned that Diaw was going to be in Parkers bridal party.

Reply #134640 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Countdown to tasteless joke about everyone wanting to be in a specific member of Parker's bridal party...

Reply #134642 | Report this post

Wait...

How about:
"I want my member to be in the bridal party?"

Reply #134662 | Report this post

Pam  
Years ago

OR
"I want my member to be in the bridal's panty." :)

Reply #134688 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:39 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754