worried worrior
Years ago

New Coach for ABL women

How long are woodville gonna persist with this washed up coach another great season 0 - 9, half way through this season already maybe it's time woodville for a fresh face and a new start not good enough at all.

Topic #11550 | Report this topic

14u2nv  
Years ago

Yes a decision should be made for a fresh start

Reply #134947 | Report this post

about time  
Years ago

get rid of that useless coach maybe that'll take her from her high horse i dunno how someone with a record like hers can strut around like she does get rid of her

Reply #134964 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

hahahahahaha i agree

Reply #134965 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last two posts, same IP, for what that's worth.

Reply #134969 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

hows your abl teaming going spadge ..... oh thats right not good enough to have one what a shame and since your highest womens team are full of ex centrals players then there some quality there hey. ask them how many wins they have had over the years at the top level and if u can count more then one hands worth then some one is bullshitting.

Reply #134977 | Report this post

Spadge Fan Club  
Years ago

Hey uncle spadge, please type something and then agree with yourself... it shows how big our i.q's have gotten at Magic since you came into our lives
We Love You Spadge

Reply #134980 | Report this post

rib cracker  
Years ago

spadge - been sprung
get off the warrior bashing
warrior women team be one of the youngest in the comp - and results of late show a marked upward trend within 10 or so of bearcats and believe winning most of game against tigers - you think you can do better with out the NBl recruits some of these teram get - then have a go

Reply #134981 | Report this post

Yeah I agree

Reply #134982 | Report this post

Denny Crane  
Years ago

Wonder if i could be as good as spadge? i mean social must be hard to play... and coach

Reply #134984 | Report this post

S  
Years ago

#134981 youre spot on! A team of babies, and not a single national league player. To push Tigers and West in back to back weeks shows the development of the group and the learning curve they are undertaking.
I would watch out this weekend if I was Mavs or they might end up as the first win for the group this season!

Reply #134985 | Report this post

This post will be offensive to lots of people as most respect the work ethic,time and effort Lynne has put into Woodville. There are many reasons why Woodvilles' senior team is not performing and Lynne's coaching is but one small component of it.
Lynne is working tirelessly trying to develop juniors at the club in an environment where mediocrity has been 'god' for a long time.
Assassinating individuals seems the preoccupation of the disgruntled basketball public and I'd invite them to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.
Players need to take some responsibility and Woodville's basketball seniors need to improve their game fullstop!
How many of the Woodville ABA squad are involved in coaching juniors?
How many of the squad can be relied on to to do club based activities?
How many of the senior girls have attended or supported a junior team?
My criticism of Lynne is that she is too damm nice and caring - a horrific criticism in that she tolerates too much. Be careful what you wish for worried warrior because you could get me as your coach and I'm not nice and you'd be an ex warrior.

Reply #134986 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

hey spadge your 16 boys team that u coach haven't won a game yet either so who are u to throw stone's. try competeing at the top level before making stupid remarks tool

Reply #134992 | Report this post

rib cracker  
Years ago

seriously some guy who hasnt won a game as coach under 16 group wants to have a crack at womens team which is built around up coming young talent - when magic have no talent - old never beens

Reply #135003 | Report this post

Fox 82  
Years ago

Booga - i'm yet to see what, if anything, you contribute to this forum?

Reply #135004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fox 82, get off your high horse. Booga has said a lot of good things, more than you.

Reply #135020 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

couldnt of been two people on one computer hmmm. we dont have an ABL team how long is that coach gonna be at the the bottom of the ladder b4 woodville do anything. Also if your gonna comment about our teams get your facts staright keep your loser coach keep losing every game its a good giggle

Reply #135023 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

ripplesolesgiveantsachanc maybe thats whats bing said it maybe time for a change how long has she been there and how long should she be.

i coach U/16's div 3 and we're havein 1 bad season if i have a string of seasons where we hardly win a game i'd expect to be moved on

Reply #135026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you have nothing to do with woodville why do you care if they lose every game

Reply #135040 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

spadge maybe u need to check things first. they have won games over the years unlike your sisters team mates.... oh is that what it is when your sister tried out for woodville didn't she get a spot on the team. so now u have waited this long to sling shit, man u must be bitter or has the love for your sister got a little to close so to speak

Reply #135041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spadge, post your basketball CV, skills and experience here. I guarantee the lady you speak about has got you covered!

You are posting comments from a position of such little understanding you could not even comprehend that you infact know nothing. Give yourself a few yrs and you will look back at this and shake your head at yourself for being so naive.

In terms of having loosing seasons and coaches getting sacked because of it. THis is not professional sports. The nature of our local basketball is an uneven landscape.

Reply #135044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spadge is a tool, why bother with any of his comments.

Reply #135046 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

well booga if ur talking about who i think your talking about that was my girlfriend and once again you have no idea what your on about.

keep her there its good coz if we do eventually get a womens team good enough we'll have someone to beat coz those kids will only hang around for so long gettin thier butts kicked each week funny how im copping the brunt when all i did was agree must of be itchin for me to come back

Reply #135047 | Report this post

14u2nv  
Years ago

Lynne does a great job and her heart is in the right place but may be it is time for fresh start, new training regimes, and a new beginning. This season has gone - lets work on next season.

Reply #135060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spadge tou are a tool. Don't wait for your women to get a good enough team. Have them take on the under 18 girls and save time for that spanking.

Reply #135061 | Report this post

Big Booga Fan  
Years ago

Booga, you must have been waiting for this thread a long time, this is GOLD!

Spadge you have been CAUGHT OUT!!! You have shown over a period of time that you are a tool; then you make sure everyone knows it by posting a sniper of a remark, then backing yourself up! Mate, your so called "club" couldnt even scrape together a senior side that would come close to beating the warior women.

Baaahahahahaha, go back to your social club, Baaaahahahahahaha.

Cheez, were is my ventolin, Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reply #135094 | Report this post

old balls  
Years ago

The club is stuck and does not have the heart to move her on. she is too close to all involved and the decision to have her step down is now a tough one. if it had been made 4-6 years ago when the writting was on the wall, we would not be having this discussion.

Will the pres make the big decision, cant see it happening. They will not go after a coach hard like other clubs, hell they will prob leave it up to Cam Wilson like they do for most senior coaching roles.

Reply #135105 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Does anyone want to see a game of one on one Spadge v Booga - the winner is allowed to bag the other one for the rest of the year with no repercussions (at the amusement of the rest of us).

Is it just me or do you get the feeling that their is some pent up sexual tension going on between these too.

Does anyone smell a romantic comedy or sitcom in the works?

Reply #135126 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

old balls get a clue it's funny how u all just look at the results and go oh well she's not good enough get rid of her. what u don't know is the womens side of the club is going to be competetive and sucsessfull because of the hard work of lyn and other junior coaches in the club. the club went through some lean years lately but with no talent at junior level to develope after the lyndals and gates and co a lot of hard work was done at u12 level to makes sure the juniors have the skills to compete at high levels. those girls are now under 18' s and with 4 girls in the mix for state it shows u the hard work lyn has put in, those girls will be the back bone of the abl team in a couple of years and with the quality of kids we have at u16's, 14's and even at under 12's the abl will prosper and be very strong. when these kids come through and lyn iswinning championships will u all be asking how it happened?? no i doubt it because u will be chasing somebody else's head, so watch out west since there junior girls program is rebuilding spadge will want the abl head coach sacked in a few years time because the aren't winning.

spadge there are things u said earlier that confused me like u having a girlfriend that played basketball how is that possible with all the bandaids on her keeping the air in!!!!!

Reply #135134 | Report this post

rib cracker  
Years ago

personally i think spadge and booga have a beautiful thing going - more power to the freedom of speech

Reply #135153 | Report this post

Denny Crane  
Years ago

VOTE 1 GAY MARRIAGES!!
Who needs Elton John and his man bitch when we have booga and sprog

Reply #135158 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

denny will u be the maid of honour u can bring your boy toy humpty dumpty

Reply #135202 | Report this post

old balls  
Years ago

booga since I know nothing about the woodville womens team lets add a few names to your lyndals and gates and co.
If I knew anything about it I would add the following players that have left under lyns reign, for one reason or another. the year would be 99 ish but hey thats if i knew anything. this would be 2 years after C watts took them to the GF, they lost that by 3.

Haase
Dalton
Price
Cummins
Gommers
Witton
sheffield
Bayly
Rockancinski
Cudmore
Taylor
Kate smith (went to south instead)
Burkitt
MOESERT
kolo
Vaas
Porplecia
Lister
long

your some lean years comment is rather kind this would make it 8 years.

records on this web site plus the winless recors this year gives the lyn lead warriors women a record of 6 wins in their last 48 games.

I dont care what anyone says a 6 wins out of 48 is tough to swallow, this is just 2005,2006 and 2007 current. Do you self a favour and track it back over the 8 years in charge you may want to say sorry in more than one language.

A coach needs to be able to not only develop juniors but attrack quality players to the club.

I believe your mens team has attracted quality that has resulted in finals appearances and GF wins.

Puddifoot, Tree, Rees, Birmingham, Mupunda, Joseph.

that as well as junior development wins flags.

my original post still stands, it is way too late, the 5 year plan should have started 7 years ago. it needs to be almost a 10 year plan now.

but it needs a fresh look, how many other clubs would put up with

6 and 42.

I think i have a clue.

Reply #135224 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

Denny Crane you and i have an agreement and that includes on here so i suggest you piss off.

and odd balls nice work there!

i'd play booga one on one but it seems as tho he's too much of a sook and couldn't handle the heat

put a team in this years Xmas carni

Reply #135228 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

Hey booga wasnt it you who had plenty to say about souths coach too close to home for you is mate

i never said anything about what lyn has done for the club i just think its time they got someone else shes had her run and it hasn't worked

and if i need to repeat it i didnt type post #134964 i was there when it was put up but didnt write it

Reply #135229 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

first of all spadge u are no way near a mate to me, and yeh i slagged glenn shaw but time will prove me right there.

ok so u think it's time to go when all her hard work is about to pay off... get a grip
odd balls u look at some of those name on that list and tell me honestly when they wore the green aren't u glad they left i mean gommers was a high quality ball hog hey!

and as for your challenge spadge my playing days are well over but try coaching a team and the same level as me and i will give u a basketball lesson, but as u stated if u have a losing season u should be sacked

Reply #135232 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

one loseing season out the 8 years ive been coaching this will be the first team to not make fianls the 3rd to not make a gf

like i said the heat is on your outta the kitchen put in a team at carni i coach and play he you could ask hann solo to ask chewy to play and maybe frodo will bring a good point guard for you

Reply #135233 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

puff puff pass spadge,puff puff pass.

kids don't do drugs and stay in school!!!

Reply #135234 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

you put ur team together and i'll get mine you coach yours i'll coach mine or do you have a problem with friends

Reply #135235 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

spadge i don't lower myself to social comps, they were ok when i was a kid but i have higher aspirations then winning a st clair trophy but hey go magic right

Reply #135239 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

yeah just as i thought scared to lose to a bunch of "social players"

Reply #135240 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I think the only solution is to round up 8 sets of identical twins and assemble 2 identical squads. Twins must not have had any exposure to basketball coaching previously (unless both had the same coach and played for the same number of years).

To keep things even each of you will be issued with 4 older twins and 4 younger twins. 6 months of intensive coaching will follow(you'll both have to quit your jobs - assuming you have them - and the kids will need to take this time off school) and at the end of it all you will play off in a best of 7 series.

I am currently in negotiatons with the seven network about making this a reality TV show (co hosted by Darren and Jason Smith), however I think my plans will be scuppered by you respective lack of class and charisma. If seven falls through I'm floating the idea of a made for TV movie with Disney, only instead of Booga and Spadge the coaches will be the Olsen twins.

Let the games begin.

Reply #135251 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

That TV show would be better hosted by John Casey......

Reply #135262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spadge you are a tool. The carnivals you talk about magic has been beaten by teams put together in the last possible time. Get a life magic only had some wins when playing in grades that were way too low for them. They even had to cheat then. Get a life. Lyn has and is producing players of note so go cry somewhere else. Lyn is a legend.

Reply #135270 | Report this post

Big Booga Fan  
Years ago

Spadge, you old dog. Are you really telling us that your double post was by two different people on the same computer? Bahahahahahahahahaha!Yeah, right. Why, every time someone gets caught backing them selves up, why do they use that same identical excuse? "Ohhh it was my mate in the same room at the same time, but we both didnt know the other one was posting" CRAP!!!

Be a man and admit you tried to give your original post a bit more credit.

There is no one alive today that has given as much to the Warriors as Lynne. Yeah sure the ABA is not going well & given, it has not done well for quite some time; however Lynne has put her hand up and is doing one of many jobs at the club that NO-ONE else will do.

Go back to beating "Semaphore", because that is the competition your club should be playing in, not district.

Reply #135291 | Report this post

TysonVHollyfield  
Years ago

Spadge/Booga, could you please provide some background to this epic saga unfolding before the 1000s of people that view the basketball forum.

Have you guys ever met before?

Have you ever had a real life conversation with each other or did you just decide to meet on the internet?

Why such ill feeling towards each other? You both seem very passionate about basketball but this is only exceeded by your passion for hating each other?

Any chance of a reconcilliation between the both of you one day?

Any chance that you will one day coach / play against each other?

Where will this go from here? Any chance of a reality tv show? Any chance of a mud wrestling bout with each other? I would almost pay to see that!

Reply #135300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After reading the numerous posts here and viewing this situation for the 8 years it has been going on...We can conclude
1. It is time for Lynne to leave
2. Lynne's heart is in the right place, she is a good person, but sometimes what's best for the team isnt what's best for individuals and vice versa
3. Woodville need to chase a coach who can develop and recruit (this person must also push players and cut where necessary)
4. Some good juniors are definitely coming up through the club, but this is not a direct result of Lynne's work (not taking away from the numerous hours she does put in), but recent proof of this is the U18s result in the State Champs (5th)

Basically, the womens side needs a major revamp, morale needs to be improved.

It is very sad to see a club that use to thrive, now be put in the same basket as 'centrals'.

Someone needs to make the decision!!

Reply #135308 | Report this post

Lynne will continue to do what is in the best interests of the club.
It should be remembered that numbers and the quality within those numbers dictate success at all levels because you have to have player to develop.
BASA and BSA need to understand they erred when allowing a social club into district ranks in both Wests and Woodville's catchment area. Both these clubs have struggled to attract new players to the girls area, the feeders for ABl. Wests have a better group at ABl level than Woodville but both clubs have solid U18 squads.
Social teams play discount district as they escape the high costs of running district teams and I hope BSA, BA look at this in the future.
The commitment of the Woodville seniors to the club with the exception of the captain, J B, whose contribution to Woodville is outstanding, is say the least-lame.
No other senior player apart from jodie coaches a girl's team or have adopted a junior team and I can't think of one other club where this is the case.
If you are looking for reasons why Woodville sits bottom go no further than the lack of commitment of this senior group of average players who contribute ziltch to the club. If you want to sack some one , sack them and play the juniors because results couldn't get worse.
Demand more from them or get rid of them.

Reply #135315 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

Three of the juniors do coach. I have coached against them on saturdays . Sharna coaches u12 girls kala and claire coach u10 boys

Reply #135323 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

#135308 this is what i am saying

#135291 now i didnt say i didnt know the post was going up i was sitting right there but i didnt type it i know what happened i i couldnt give a hoot if you dont beleive me

Reply #135324 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

#135300 booga has a problem with me cos im from magic if i was from woodville he'd be on the love train i have no idea really who he is and for that matter i didn't care he knows who i am coz i don't hide behind my handle on this site if he wants to sit down and have a chat not a problem but while he keeps bad mouthing my club i doubt i'll have time for him we are copping the brunt of something that started at another club and we've delt with it the best we can all those who play for a club who's never had mud on their hands speak up

Reply #135326 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

#$135270 well i dont play for magic in carnivals

i put in a team of mates and and the last couple of years we've beaten team that claim to be ABL and this year we'll be going in A grade challange is on Booga

Reply #135327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sharna has not coached U12 girls for some time but the two U18 girls do coach in the boys. The point being made is , where r the senior girls and why don't they support their club ?

Reply #135329 | Report this post

14u2nv  
Years ago

Bottom line under all this rubbish Lyn does a terrific job but old balls (#135224 | Grrr!) has hit it on the head - sometimes the club has to be bigger than the person
new start - give the girls a go - Lyn has lots of other important roles to offer the club - lets get some new enthusiasm, a coach that gets the best out of the girls and expects them to give in return. Treat those that deserve to be treated properly with respect. Sometimes the damage done just cannot be repaired.

Reply #135330 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spadge, take a look on your keyboard for the little dot. It looks like this:

Try it some time!

Reply #135331 | Report this post

14u2nv  
Years ago

Sack the girls - if Woodville girls actually got paid properly for their trouble - some have never been paid at all they would commit more - I believe a lot of them were cooking baqrbeques and making cakes lately to help the club out. Ask them to reveal what each girl is meant to get paid (well on paper anyway). Dont keep knocking the club - do something about it and offer the correct remuneration.

Reply #135332 | Report this post

some like it hot  
Years ago

14u2nv: Clubs pay seniors for performance. If 'old balls' is correct in his/her win loss ratio, the girls would owe the club a lot of money!
I've even heard some players play ABA/L for the love of it.
Yes some seniors helped out on the bbq, some baked cakes at Easter and that's great but I think I'd be looking for more commitment than that from my elite team.
Take a look at the successful clubs and the ratio of senior players coaching junior teams, then hang your head in shame when you ask for payment for a zero win season.

Reply #135337 | Report this post

14u2nv  
Years ago

well instead of talking about it here - call a club meeting of all seniors to discuss the position rationally. Woodville has lost its club spirit since it moved from Athol Park and Vera passed over. The GUNNA attitude has been going on for over 4 years now and people are losing interest very quickly.

Reply #135349 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

isaac glad you could join for another random useless fact im sure you have some posts of mine to remove somewhere

Reply #135356 | Report this post

Denny Crane  
Years ago

Hey Booga, it was finally mentioned by somebody at magic that confirmed all of our thoughts.... he said his club was a "social club".
Well at least we all now know.

And for those who want to know what the agreement was, it is an agreement i have with my girlfriend that i wont tease "spadge" because he gets angry and has a cry and then threatens to kill people because im such scum.

Lots of hugs and kisses to you Booga.
Denny Crane

Reply #135362 | Report this post

Giraffe 24  
Years ago

Spadge, i'll give you a hint. It's below the l and colon/semi-colon keys, just above the alt and ctrl keys.

Reply #135363 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

you are one of the dumbest people i know Denny Crane keep running your mouth would you like to tell eveyone why i think your scum or should we keep that to our selves maybe you could give your version and make your self look like a saint your time is fast approaching and im gonna laugh my arse off when it comes

Reply #135364 | Report this post

BlackEyedPeas  
Years ago

Spadge this is for you:

What's wrong with the world Spadge?
People living like aint got no Spadge
I think the whole worlds addicted to the drama
Only attracted to the things that bring you trauma
Overseas yeah we tryin to stop terrorism
But we still got terrorists here livin
In the USA the big CIA the Bloodz and the Crips and the KKK
But if you only have love for your own race
Then you only leave space to discriminate
And to discriminate only generates hate
And if you hatin you're bound to get irate
Yeah madness is what you demonstrate
And that's exactly how anger works and operates
You gotta have love just to set it straight
Take control of your mind and meditate
Let your soul gravitate to the love y'all

People killing people dying
Children hurtin you hear them crying
Can you practice what you preach
Would you turn the other cheek?
Father Father Father help us
Send some guidance from above
Cause people got me got me questioning
Where is the love?(where is the lovex3)(the love2x)

It just ain't the same all ways have changed
New days are strange is the world the insane?
If love and peace so strong
Why are there pieces of love that don't belong
Nations dropping bombs
Chemical gases filling lungs of little ones
With ongoing suffering
As the youth die young
So ask yourself is the loving really strong?
So I can ask myself really what is going wrong
With this world that we living in
People keep on giving in
Makin wrong decisions
Only visions of them livin and
Not respecting each other
Deny thy brother
The wars' going on but the reasons' undercover
The truth is kept secret
Swept under the rug
If you never know truth
Then you never know love
Where's the love y'all?(I don't know)
Where's the truth y'all?(I don't know)
Where's the love y'all?

Can practice what you preach
Father father father help us
Where is the love?(where is the lovex3)(the lovex2)

I feel the weight of the world on my shoulder
As I'm getting older y'all people get colder
Most of us only care about money makin
Selfishness got us followin the wrong direction
Wrong information always shown by the media
Negative images is the main criteria
Infecting their young minds faster than bacteria
Kids wanna act like what the see in the cinema
Whatever happened to the values of humanity
Whatever happened to the fairness and equality
Instead of spreading love, we're spreading anomosity
Lack of understanding, leading us away from unity
That's the reason why sometimes I'm feeling under
That's the reason why sometimes I'm feeling down
It's no wonder why sometimes I'm feeling under
I gotta keep my faith alive, until love is found

Can you practice what you preach
Father Father Father help us
Where is the love?(fade)

Reply #135368 | Report this post

Denny Crane  
Years ago

to all those who read my above post im sure you would have seen that it was all directed towards booga, not the person above who is harassing me. But im sure we would all like to hear his reasons......

TO BOOGA (please note, this indicates that this is for booga)
There is a person on here who doesnt like you who doesnt like me, except he wants to stab me for reasons he wishes not to say on the internet, but im sure he will by the end of the year. He reckons you are a smelly farty man, but i dont think that is true.... well maybe a little. Please forgive me for interupting your harassment of Spadge, and by all means keep teasing whoever you want to call a farty bum poopie pants DARVID! (im sorry for using the 'D' word....)
Even though spadge wants to kill me, and now has so much of his life focused on me rather then on his own life, im sure he will find room in his heart to hunt you down at a later date once he has turned his focus off of me.
Do not feel left out booga.... It'll be ok.
There's still love brother....

Denny Crane

Reply #135372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey spadge...

you are trying to cast aspersions on Denny's character (and if he is the dumbest person you know, you must hang out with Mensa members).

(Mod: Rest deleted.)

Reply #135380 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

get off lynn's case - fact is the women are on the improve - of course no had the success that lynn would have wanted but give lynn credit she has hung in there and think the wheel is turning finally in the right direction - so easy to be a distractor - want to help get to the games - volunteer - get out and about and recruit juniors - better still coach juniors - same old moaners - get off the wagon - show some character - put your name to these moaner posts - i am not moaning so I am happy to be anon

Reply #135390 | Report this post

thesoupnazi  
Years ago

How often we prayed for a new coach. Time after time getting beaten by heaps we'd come off bemoaning the fact our coach knew nothing. The fact none of us shot above 15% or 20%, knew where split line lived or what a remotely good press looked like, even slightly dimmed our negative view of the coach.
Time-outs were places to buy oxygen not listen to the coaches plea to man-up! Making position still mystifies me.
Who the feck slides in 'D' anymore I'd think.
Losing was a comfortable place to hide where the expectation of a win never arose. Trainings were compulsory but ignored because who did they have to replace you?
When we did practice queen bees rode roughly over me and I in turn rode smartly over the even more enept to breed a culture of, 'bitching better than you environment' where all the good was laid to waste.
I believed players won games and coaches lost them. I believed I owed the club nothing but it owed me everything. I believed others made mistakes but I was perfect.
I believed I was goooooooood!
Then I moved clubs and all was revealed. Other players had a work ethic. Other players listen to their coach. Other players trained with niggly injuries and went the hard yards for the coach. I saw plays reheased ad nauseum with no complaints.I was told but didn't understand that, 'Team mates' weren't just words. I slid down the grades until at rock bottom an angel appeared with these words of wisdom, 'get your shit together'.
There are many reasons teams lose, coaches rarely are the problem.

Reply #135394 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

A grade spadge.... damm i can almost here the church bells ringing in celabration of this.

see this is what i like about u spadge u have no clue as to what the story is, u claim things happened that your social club is coping the brunt off but the truth is those things happened while they were wearing magic tops playing in church leagues and barossa and starplex carnivals. i'm sure chezeburger and others can reminise about the pounding they handed those boys at starplex one year because they had no club loyalty except for the "player payments" they got from wearing a magic tops.

it's funny how u excpect me to lower my standerds and be involved at your level but your unwilling to push yourself or your club and compete at my level with out cheating hhhmmmm i guess there is only one thing to say hey:
DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE

Reply #135401 | Report this post

Ron Jeremy  
Years ago

And I thought a Spadge was useful....pfft! What was I thinking?

Reply #135409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

May I just say, that the seniors at Woodville are allowed to get away with a lot - but a majority of them do put in during games! There just is not the skill and knowledge base there to get them over the line. Noticed how many close games have been lost in the last few years?

It is almost an accepted culture at the club that the girls lose, as long as everyone is happy and friends then things are sweet - no!! Basketball clubs operate with the intentions of winning...It is time for a new era. A new coach, a few new players to guide the juniors and that will be the turn around of the club.

And...The comment regarding a meeting..funny!! No one at woodville is brave enough to say what they really feel, those who have are no longer there.

This is not and never has been a personal issue with Lynne. It is a coaching position - which needs to be filled by different shoes!!!

Reply #135464 | Report this post

lil monkey  
Years ago

Why cant woodville get a new coach and Lyn be assistant?

Spadge you just make your (social)club look even worse by your attempts to be tough and funny.

Denny Crane is just a loser
and Booga is good for a laugh....sometimes.

Perhaps woodville, centrals and Magic should all combine and be one big happy family?

Reply #135575 | Report this post

BIG baller  
Years ago

i dont think anyone is doubting what lyn has done for the club and the effort she has put in. i think its a case of something has been not right there for a long time and there needs to be a change. the club is bigger than any one person

Reply #135800 | Report this post

you spelled 'warrior' wrong, idiot

Reply #136786 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754