AFL gives b'ball big wrap

watching the collingwood v bullies game on sunday the commentators - several times consitently said basketballers have better ball handling skills (WTF!!!)
they said clearly if you had some basketball background you would be more adept to handling skills

upside - evry aspiring footballer will nominate for social basketball over summer! (feral enough already)

downside - evry good ball player will now think they can play AFL

country basketball associations will be lovin this all teh footballers will play country summer basketball with this sort of national exposure

Topic #11556 | Report this topic

Corey  
Years ago

Yeah, I think you're jumping a gun a bit there sonny.....

Reply #134993 | Report this post

Fox 89  
Years ago

young fella - alot of footy players in the country already do play basketball in the summer.

Reply #135000 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

They made reference to Scotty West and Pendulbury

Westy used to play B Grade bball down at Coburg years back

Their team included Wallace (Doggies Coach back in the day), Simon Minton Connell and Wynd

They won B grade easily, but we pulled out of A grade that same season after winning the comp

Spewing....wouldve been great to play on AFL footballers

Reply #135017 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Did Simon Minton Connell consistently miss layups as he did goal directly in front? God that guy was a terrible!

Reply #135024 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Nah he was a decent ball player

Watched only a few of their games, but Minton Connell, Westy and Wallace were their 3 Best every week

Reply #135069 | Report this post

the turkey  
Years ago

u all love me

Reply #135087 | Report this post

the turkey  
Years ago

u all love me

Reply #135088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wallace used to play state league didn't he? He has talked up basketball in the past I believe, he obviously loves the sport.

I do notice the differnce when I go tto footy training that I can mark most ball where as most of them have a lot of trouble with the tough ones also tapping the ball to yourself and out of contests and jumping over rucks to tap the ball out is definately all basketball related.

Reply #135485 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754