SVD
Years ago

NBA Lottery Draw Tomorrow

Probably one of the biggest lottery draws is on tomorrow - I think it will be on around 9.30am our time. (Correct me if I am wrong)

A top 1 or 2 pick would almost guarantee future success with both Oden and Durant in the draft. The 2007 has been touted as one of the deppest drafts in years with potential future All Stars such as Brendan Wright, Yi Jialian, Al Horford, Jeff Green, Corey Brewer, Roy Hibbert, Joakim Noah, Julian Wright, Spencer Hawes, Mike Conley & Corey Brewer available.

Memphis have a 25% of getting pick 1 - the full list is below.

1. Memphis 25.0%
2. Boston 19.9%
3. Milwaukee 15.6%
4. Atlanta* 11.9%
5. Seattle 8.8%
6. Portland 5.3%
7. Minnesota 5.3%
8. Charlotte 1.9%
9. New York** 1.9%
10. Sacramento 1.8%
11. Indiana*** 0.8%
12. Philadelphia 0.7%
13. New Orleans 0.6%
14. L.A. Clippers 0.5%

*Pick may be conveyed to Phoenix
**Pick may be conveyed to Chicago
***Pick may be conveyed to Atlanta

I would really like the Celtics to get 1 of the top 2 picks - probably just for Bill Simmons sake more than anything else

Topic #11561 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Same - everyone cross your fingers for Bill Simmons and his Celtics.

Reply #135065 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Go New York, will be great to take another Top 10 pick off you!

Reply #135067 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Bill Simmons is more entertaining when the Celtics are doing badly. I'm hoping they get the 3rd pick.

(Mod: Good point.)

Reply #135072 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Im thinking the Celtics get the third. Some team always moves up in the lottery (go Cats). I'd give up my left pinkie toe for the Cats to move up to No 2.

I hope Atlanta gets the first or second as I'd hate to see a top lottery pick goto the Suns.

Here's a conspiracy theory for you.

Oden came out yesterday and stated that where ever he goes he wants Conley to go with him. Atlanta potential has two picks in the top 11 (There own if top 3 and the Pacers pick for the Harrington trade). Somehow the Hawks get the first and select Oden, they then use their second lottery pick on Conley..... and a dynasty is potentially born....

Here is the link:
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46164/20070521/oden_wants_to_team_up_with_conley_jr/

Larry Harris (Bucks) has stated that they will take Oden with the first if they get lucky again. Wonder if this means Bogut will become tradebait or will they run him out of the powerforward position which they didn't have much success with in his rookie year.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46171/20070521/bucks_will_pick_oden_if_they_get_top_pick/

Reply #135073 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

If the Bucks take Oden, Bogut will be gone - I have read that before

Reply #135074 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I have read Coach K say that if they get Oden, Bogut will just move to the four. But I don't know how big Bogut would be with the idea of having Oden on the team, especially after two years of being ignored on offence.

Reply #135078 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

It might actually work out ok IMO .Bogut is far more polished on the offensive end than Oden , and could use the help on weak side D.
So i dont think he would be totally ignored.
But then do you put Villenueva to the 3 ? or share minutes ?

Reply #135083 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

And with the number one pick in the 2007 NBA draft, the Boston Celtics select Greg Oden!

Reply #135085 | Report this post

Phil McKracken  
Years ago

From the first post I assume it is possible but highly unlikely that LA Clippers could get 1st pick. Sorry, I don't know heaps about the draft or NBA for that matter but was interested to know.

Reply #135097 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think Villa becomes the 6th man. Starting line-up would possibly be

Oden
Bogut
Simmons
Redd
Williams (if they can resign him)

Villa comes in off the bench. I wouldn't like to see him at the 3 as if defence is average at best. Simmons starts as the permiter stopper with Oden protecting the basket and Bogut being the weakside defender.

Villa could also find himself being traded especially if Mo walks.

Reply #135099 | Report this post

ref23  
Years ago

The lottery starts at 10:30 on ESPN

Reply #135100 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Yeah Phil - I think LA Clippers have a 1 in 200 shot of getting the 1st pick

Reply #135120 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Go Minny!!! Thank you so much for giving us this wonderful opportunity Kevin McHale... Part of me wants the Wolves to get number 1 or 2 but the other doesn`t - cause McHale and his merry crew will ###k it up anyway!!! Plus it buys them a ticket out of redundancyville!!!

Reply #135165 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hey Johnny, if the Wolves get No 1 and select Oden do you think there are any chances of a KG trade????

There's been some talk that if Oden goes to the Wolves they'd try and get another pick or trade for Conley and start a rebuild with Oden and Conley as the centre pieces.

Here's the link:
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-070520smith,1,3557632.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

Reply #135169 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I think KG may go to LA or The Suns

Reply #135172 | Report this post

Boost  
Years ago

what about the chances of milwaukee getting 2nd pick?

Bogut
Charlie V
Durant
Redd
Mo Williams

Simmons, vill, gadzuric coming off the bench..
Package mo, simmons or vill together to try snap a pg.. maybe andre miller may be going cheaply? thats a quality unit on paper..
Even corey brewer may be a good fit, as they need a sf and pg..

Reply #135176 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Dunno TR... I'd say that the Wolves management team would remember the KG - Steph "dynasty" too well... I mean those two guys virtaully lost their virginity to each other that's how in love they were in Marbury's rookie season and within 2 years Steph wanted out... They would be VERY cautious about doing something like that again... Once bitten... Oden - Conley may be a different kettle of fish - but i am not so sure -

Reply #135189 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Come on 10.30 - is it just me or is anyone else excited about the lottery draw - basically who ever goes 1 and 2 it pretty much changes the face of the NBA

Reply #135278 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

22 minutes until things begin...

Reply #135281 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I really don't care who gets the first 2 picks - I just want to know so we can all start speculating

Reply #135282 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston dropped big time, so to Memphis.....

Conspiracy theory for Atlanta maybe true.......

Reply #135283 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:52 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754