me
Years ago

Newley..will he or wont he?

I still live in hope that the 36ers will actually front up with a highly competetive team next season, but so much hinges on Newley, so does anyone think he will actually suit for us next season.

By the way..I am sure i remember the anti Phil brigade and their thoughts about Newley/Phil..but this quote says quite alot...

"For them to give me the opportunity is great and I'm really thankful for what Paul (Bauer), Mal (Hemmerling) and Phil (Smyth) have done for me."

Topic #11570 | Report this topic

Nick  
Years ago

Yeah, the "anti Phil brigade" certainly got the whole "Newley wont sign while Phil's here" thing completely wrong.

Anyway, getting back to the subject, I think there's about a 50% chance Newley will play for the 36ers next season and a 50% chance he'll play in the NBA.

Reply #135191 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

No i dont think he will make it, he is not good enough!

Reply #135195 | Report this post

dry back  
Years ago

i think it would be more like this 10%NBA 80%EURO 10%NBL

Reply #135196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wont make nba.. wont go for euro.. he will be with the sixers..

Reply #135204 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

He said he aint going euro, and there are lots of people who dont like his NBA chances so im quietly confident he will come here.

Reply #135226 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Cant see him making the NBA THIS season, but its fantastic that he is getting the experience. If Euro isnt his next choice, then Id say he is about 90% sure to play with the 6ers, the other 10% evolves around the fact 30 teams will have a look at him and anything could/can happen in the NBA!

Reply #135230 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

you gotta say newleys a shot... id be hard pressed to beleive he couldnt be drafted in the second round

Reply #135244 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

2nd round, still doesn't leave him with a huge chance because he still has to get a contract through camps, whereas anywhere in the 1st round is a contract.

He won't make an NBA team IMO.

Reply #135276 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Euro would be a long shot wouldn't it?

Most Aussie players who go over to Europe do so because they can play as locals (Andersen, Kingma, Pero, Drmic etc. they have a parent or grandparent born in Europe). If Newley doesn't have that he would have to play as an Import, could you see a Euro team taking that risk? Then again others have done it (Gaze, Heal etc.).

Reply #135280 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

Utah will pick up Newley with the 55th pick in the NBA draft. I guarantee it.

Reply #135342 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I have seen a few mock drafts that has Newley going late in the 2nd round.

Chad Ford who probably has the most definitive draftee list (on espn insider) does not have Newley being drafted, stranger things ahve happened.

Selfishly I hope he plays for the 6ers

Reply #135346 | Report this post

Keith Hernandez  
Years ago

A lot will be determined by Newls' Orlando pre draft camp. From speaking to him, last year's camp was a huge launchpad for "bubble guys" who jumped up the draft board with impressive camps...and that's what Brad will try to do e.g. Ronaldo Balkman had a huge camp and impressed enough to be picked by the Knicks in the first round and then go on to have a solid rookie campaign.

Brad has certainly made huge improvements to his game since his last NBA campaign 12 months ago - better handles, more efficent footwork both offensively and defensively, stronger body, more expereinced with what the scouts are looking for etc

I think he is a good chance of a second round selection.

Reply #135357 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Does anyone know if Brad will be playing at the RBK Euro camp? Right now, he's in the 'Commited, but not confirmed' section - I have no idea what that means - and I haven't heard anything about him going. You would think that, with the new rules in regards to workouts, he would be going?

Reply #135367 | Report this post

Keith Hernandez  
Years ago

twenty four,

No he will not be.

Reply #135428 | Report this post

alonso  
Years ago

he is a very good nbl player but not even close to nba quality. no chance of getting drafted. mackinnon is more likely.

Reply #135719 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:28 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754