Centrals Debt Free

From the Lions Website, WELL DONE!

Lions site

Topic #11621 | Report this topic

Great news, great effort, congratulations to all; now for a womens team!

Reply #135810 | Report this post

Cinderella  
Years ago

This is wonderfull news for the clubs 7 players!

Reply #135869 | Report this post

Bfresh  
Years ago

Both their fans will be thrilled!

Reply #135880 | Report this post

BiggerThanBenHurr  
Years ago

#135869 I believe its around 140.

#135880 Yes, 7 fans helped pay off a massive debt

As I am someone that was aware of this issue it is nothing short of amazing that the President and co has managed to retire this debt. They literally produced magic.

Reading the poaching thread below.. While clubs without their own stadium are poaching Central's 15 yr old state players Centrals Committee has managed to retire a massive debt. What will happen when their committee turns their focus onto growing the game in the Northern area.

Reply #135884 | Report this post

Ex Lion  
Years ago

Great news and well done to all those that worked so hard.

Reply #135886 | Report this post

Clem Scott  
Years ago

Very glad to hear that Centrals is back on its feet.
I would also like to see the committee turn their focus on growing the game in the north but just a word of advice, do not be a puppet for the BSA.
Know what you want, otherwise you will be bound by more than what is seen on the surface. Other clubs can see clearly and are already moving outside of the protective BSA umbrella.
And remember, you do not have your own stadium either, be it Starplex or the "Gardens". It is leased by BSA and they will work you for it.

Reply #135904 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Congratulations to Central. I would really like to see them become a force to be reckoned with. It can be done if people overcome their ingrained prejudices

Reply #135909 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:47 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754