lost
Years ago

Mavs hit rock bottom?!

what happened to both mavs mens and womens teams on saturday night? i would say the loss to the womens team would tell me that they have hit rock bottom. what are they doing wrong? they started the season as the team to watch.....

Topic #11627 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

They did?

Reply #135831 | Report this post

didnt eastern lose brad davis. that removed all reason to watch that team

Reply #135865 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

ELG, I think you can still see him in the grey & maroon on a Monday night, playing div 3.

Mavs are struggling, but I'm not sure anyone really expected any different pre-season?

Reply #135870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ben madgen played alrite on the weekend

Reply #135871 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Eastern don't have the players at the moment. Most games they can only suit 8 people. That leaves only 7 when Bungey is fouled out.

Reply #135948 | Report this post

xxx  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted. Sniping.)

Reply #135960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are they talking bout the mens or womens team? Seeing the women lost to Woodville by 25 saturday night or have both men and womens teams hit rock bottom?

Reply #136056 | Report this post

russell coight  
Years ago

no juniors = no player stocks

Reply #136065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I used to play for Eastern until they all hit the bottom. when i went to southern tigers i felt that i was getting treated right and i was not getting SCREWED OVER!!

Eastern Mavericks= SH*T
Southeren Tigers= Ausome

Reply #136232 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Joel Goodenough, is that you?

Reply #136247 | Report this post

Wayville 45  
Years ago

Ausome?

School holidays?

Reply #136249 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Gold Basketball for Isaac's "Joel" comment.

Reply #136259 | Report this post

cccccat  
Years ago

You can all get screwed - they are a developing squad with new players. Madgen & Williams have both spent part of the season in the States playing college basketball. They are just like football teams when they get new recruits; they need to learn to play as a team, so maybe lay off them

Reply #136409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't want to lay off them. They are crap! Worst team this competiton has ever seen! Congratulationas Richard! Williams is probably the worst starting guard in the league. Bungey the biggest underacheiver in the league. Modra has lost alot of weight, but still can't play..maybe time to give it up mate. Cambell has gone from a descent role player to no more than a thug. Worst first big man sub in the league! Watson wouldn't get a game with any of the finals bound teams, which is how he likes it..if he is on a bad team he gets to take more shots which suits him. Would prefer to get 25 points from 9/31 from the field than get 14 points and a win! The only thing that has gone right for them this year is having Younie injured..he would make them even worse! Go the spooners!

Well done Breheney on a solid year...keep it up.

Their girls were never going to be any good. Williams is well past her prime..playing wise as well as fitness. And apart from a couple of big bodies they have no one.

Reply #136428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

um, is anyone else tired of people bagging other teams for no good reason? yes i am a former mavericks player and am ridiculously biased but i would like to see any team who has lost at least 3 starters and 3 bench players from both sides be anymore competitive than the season before, it really doesn't make any sense. either offer up constructive critism or for something really crazy and out there, actually offer a solution or some points of discussion, or get over it!

Reply #136579 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sturt men lost Forman, Smylie, Gower and Shepherd from their starting ranks, plus Smyth, P.Bauer and Breheny from their bench. ;)

Reply #136612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Post #136428
Let me guess, you are:
a/ a referee, or
b/ the weakest link on Western Magic's div 5 men's team, and your greatest achievement in basketball to date has been when you ALMOST made the div 3 team in Under 16's.
Yeah, thought so.

Reply #136648 | Report this post

As always anonymous posters talking smack. You wouldnt tell Nik Campbell hes a thug to his face so dont post it. What Ive seen of the Mavs Jye works hard and wants to win and for you to say Younie hurting himself and being out for a year is just wrong. You wouldnt wish a torn achillies tendon on anybody. With a fit team next year they will make the finals. Can we list the starting point guards cause Steve Williams is not at the bottom of that list.

Reply #136661 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why wouldn't you tell Nik Campbell that to his face? Is he a thug? ;)

Reply #136668 | Report this post

Year of the Brave  
Years ago

Ok then...

The other PG starters in no partcular order. Some teams have two listed because they are interchangeable and share time between guard spots (as far as I know from the few games I have seen)

Zorich / Kersten
Ng / Ng
Mann / Spud
Sutton / Sullivan
Matthews / Webber
Graves
Wilson
Clarke
Frost

Reply #136675 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Which combos would Eastern top there? Most of them are very good. Haven't seen Clarke, Frost or Graves recently to judge, but the others would be a clear cut above.

Reply #136687 | Report this post

Wayville 45  
Years ago

Discussion wasn't on combo's Isaac, it was on starting PG.

But of the combo's listed i'd rate at least one of them if not both (e.g. North, F/ville) above Williams.

Reply #136711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The first 12 players listed are all better than Williams based on this year's form. Question mark over Frost and Clarke. In Steve's defence he is a better player than what we have seen this year. Playing with a shoulder injury that needed an operation probably didn't help either.

Reply #136718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Point Guard can look shabby on any team if TEAM doesn't exist in attitude, depth and coaching. Looking at the 10 guards listed above, surely no arguments about the fact they have been handed quality to lead and direct on the floor in the three areas above.

Reply #136720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think its funny that you guys are rating a point gaurd that isnt even playing in the league anymore!! If you guys had any idea you would know that he has moved back to the states for good!!
If you cant say anything constructive dont say it!

Reply #137110 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:26 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754