yogee
Years ago

Gaze nominated for world basketball Hall of Fame

From abc.net.au

Australian basketballer Andrew Gaze has been named among the candidates for induction into the basketball Hall of Fame in Spain.

Gaze and Australian basketball administrator Alistair Ramsay are among 34 finalists vying for 20 places in the class of 2007.

There are no Australians in the Hall of Fame and Gaze said he was shocked to see his name alongside many of the sport's all-time greats.

"When you consider basketball right throughout the world and how much a massively participated sport it is, it's amazing," he said.

"There's many, many people that are certainly worthy of being on there and to be considered a candidate is very, very humbling."

Topic #11633 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Awesome stuff for Drew, is it just me or does he just not get that he is a kick arse player?

Reply #135957 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I think he gets it - he just a really humble guy.

Gaze is with out doubt my favourite sports person ever

Reply #135959 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Total class act - glad that i grasped that fact when he was playing and appreciated him when he was stil playing...

Much deserved... He`d have to get close to making the all time Olympic/WC Mens all-time first team... Notice how since he has gone our performances at Senior tournaments have gone downhill - in spite of the fact that our teams overall talent level (without question) has gone up...

Reply #135985 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Agreed JohnnySack,
I will never forget that game against Italy at the Sydney Olympics!
Hitting pull up threes from a mile out, dragged us back into a game that we never should have been trailing...
Awesome!

Reply #136001 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Good on ya Drew! The number of times i sat at the powerhouse and said 'not gaze again' if i had a dollar...well u know the rest. Has anyone got a link to the full list?

Reply #136015 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I remember watching Tigers v Sixers game at the dome - it was tied most of the way but the Tigers pulled away late.

I said to a mate with 2 minutes to go "We lost and Gaze didn't too much".

He said "ummm ... have you looked at the scoreboard ... he has 42 points".

I have never and probably will never see anyone ever again see someone score 42 points seemingly more effortlessly that Andrew Gaze.

Reply #136017 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Class act, all the way. Great dancer too.

Reply #136122 | Report this post

Jack Rabbit  
Years ago

Yeah great legs & tan.

Reply #136499 | Report this post

Jack Rabbit  
Years ago

I WAS talking about Gaze by the way..... Well done Drewy, most deserving.

Reply #136500 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:32 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754