Isaac
Years ago

Pistons at Cavaliers - Game 4 (spoilers)

Going down to the wire again. Cavs have regained a narrow lead. Up 85-88 with 18.5 seconds remaining.

LeBron with 23/6/11, Gibson with 21 points off the bench.

Snow has just hit a free throw to make it 85-89.

Gooden 19 and 8. Z only 9 and 7.

Billups with 23 and 9 for the Pistons, 19 from Rip, 15 from Prince and 12 from McDyess.

87-91 now on the back of two LeBron free throws.

Detroit burn their last time-out. Just 4 seconds remaining.

Sheed misses the three, LeBron hauls in the board, and game over.

Series tied 2-2.

Topic #11649 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Heading back to the Palace, let's hope the Pistons can win the next to and close it out in 6.

Reply #136281 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Pistons - blah - Go Cavs!!

Reply #136285 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Wow!!! Gibson chose a hell of a game to bust out for a season and a career high - made the difference...

Reply #136298 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Maybe everyone will get off Lebron's case now.
He is having a J.Kidd like series at the moment, and if Marshall had hit that open 3 in game 1, and the 50/50 call gone Lebron's way in game 2, it would be all over..

Here's hoping it goes to 7 though....

Reply #136299 | Report this post

a j kidd series. Are you serious. kidd always needs someone else to do the work. Lebrons taking over.

Reply #136300 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol...should have expected that from you ELG...touche.

What I mean is he is averaging near a triple double for the series, but I agree, on a one man team..

Reply #136309 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Bron is a punk! If he hit his free throws in the 1st 2 games the Pistons would be down.

Reply #136313 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I think we all know now that Lebron is definitely not the next MJ. Sure he can flat out play, and is a great all around player, but not even close to the great man re playoff performances that MJ had at a similar stage of his career.

And lets not blow over LBJ too much yet. Ok so he's had 2 pretty good games.. but do you remember games 1 & 2?

a 50/50 call? You kidding me? Tell me any referee that will call that with a few seconds left (or anytime in the game in the NBA for that matter)

Reply #136325 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He had his arm slapped pretty hard whilst shooting. Normally a foul, at the end of the game a 50/50 call. Easy. He didn't get it so unlucky.
Just my opinion lockstock, I don't even like the Cavs.
Plus I don't want to sound like a Phoenix supporter re Nash and Horry... ; )

Just didn't think the press needed to get on him so much...

Reply #136327 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

If lebron gets there he has not only made it faster to the finals than jordan but without the help Jordan had on his team.

I don't like Lebron but a monumental effort with the supporting cast he has especially when you put it up against the teams that have failed this year.

ie:DALLAS, MIAMI,

Jordan will always be the man but credit is due here for the age and team Lebron has.

Also my Spurs are keen to play Cleveland before the experienced Detroit on route to the title.

Reply #136330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How old is James? What had MJ achieved at the same age? Both serious questions that I don't know the answer to. Would be great to have a comparison of the 2 at the same age.Wasn't MJ over 30 in his last championship, which would have made him around 23 foe his first. Isn't James only 21-22. Still has a year or 2 up his sleeve I think.

Reply #136332 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

do the teams aswell.

Reply #136337 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Bear in mind MJ did 3 years at college, and Lebron came in from High School....

Reply #136339 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Never been a huge Lebron fan, even less of one now after reading this:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnrtPTeA7mSlqXdi1gAsAba8vLYF?slug=stcavaliersjamesdarfur&prov=st&type=lgns

Sellout.

Reply #136342 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Jordan didn't win his first title until he was 28 and had a hell of alot more help than James's gets.James is 22 get off his back, the player we see now is not the finished product, if he went to college for the full 4 years , next season would be his rookie year, bear that in mind before you start bagging him.

Reply #136411 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I don't like Lebron's shot, and he might be a bit of a punk sell out, but he's got a fair bit going for him. He's a much better passer than I thought he was, he's leading a less than all star cast deep into the playoffs at 22 and he can touch the ring with his head (ok, so I'm speculating, but that alley he got early tonight must have been close).

He still does the odd uncontrollable drive into the key followed by an unco looking prayer that misses the ring altogether, something you wouldn't see from MJ or Kobe, but he plays more of a team game than either those guys at 22, looks to pass, bring his team into it - an unusual quality in someone so big and athletic. He's a bit like a more explosive less finesse version of Magic.

Reply #136452 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Yeah fair enough DB5.

And fair enough wit hthe Jordan comments.. Lebron still has a few years up his sleeve. But Jordan's supporting cast in the early years was pretty bad too. I was thinking more in terms of his personal performances and how he absolutely carried his team through the playoffs in the early years. Lebron will be great, and no doubt go down as one of the greatest, but I think the Jordan comparisons are exaggerated (as they always are really)

Reply #136470 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

Lockstock if we are reffereing to a first trip to the finals you would have to say Jordan had it easier due to Pippen being there too.

Jordan had Pippen

Lebron had ???? Gibson, Marshall, Illgauskas, Snow !!!!

which one of these would you trade for pippen right now if he was young of course.

Reply #136494 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I certainly can't argue - Jordan had more talent on his championship team, but on his pre-Pippen days I would say he had less.

Reply #136512 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

If you put a couple of top notch spot up shooters on that Cavs side they'd be mighty tough to stop, Lebron seems to hit the open man for the three really well, and with the defence unable to leave their man to play help on Lebron there's not too many defenders who can stop him one on one. That's why Z fits well, he's a jump shooting big man who draws his man outside and opens things up for the slashing Lebron.

Reply #136601 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:24 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754