AK-47
Years ago

Manu Ginobili - What a flop

Just watched the last quarter of the Jazz Spurs game 4. 4 techs in the last quarter was an absolute joke.

A timeout was called with about 2 minutes to go and Derek Fisher runs off to the bench. Manu Ginobili runs straight into him and Fisher receives the Tech. Absolutely disgraceful.

Then Fisher tries to block Ginobili and hits him on the arm and receives a technical and is ejected. Absolutely pathetic.

Did anyone else see this? What do you think of it?

Topic #11654 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

A JOKE - fisher fan for life.. UTAH goin to come bak

Reply #136391 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

The European influence in basketball, he plays for the foul and is a pussy.

Reply #136393 | Report this post

shauno  
Years ago

any youtube links yet?

Reply #136399 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

yeah boom patroll ! the last time i checked Argentina was in europe .
Manu does milk some calls but what great player does not ?

Reply #136401 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

yeah boom patroll ! the last time i checked Argentina was in europe .
Manu does milk some calls but what great player does not ?

Reply #136402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The nba really have to do sumthing, they have ruined these playoffs. screweing the suns witht he amare, diaw and bowen thing and now this with a tech for running to the bench.

is there a new rule that i dont know of, there must befour techs a game, who ever gives the most techs wins!

Reply #136403 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI006IJPJO8&NR=1

In the last 3 seconds of this it shows it. Not very clear but you can sorta get the gist

Reply #136406 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLBrgbamQP4

This one shows both techs and a lot clearer.
Techs shown from 50 secs to aboout 1:30

Reply #136410 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Youre a Utah fan.. of course you are going to be feeling annoyed. If you were a Spurs fan you would be laughing. As an unbiased fan of none of the above, I would say the first tech was warranted, the 2nd was touch and go - but either way, Fisher was out of control.. something you cant afford to be in the playoffs.

Reply #136415 | Report this post

Reply #136417 | Report this post

you don't sound like an unbiased fan, Kwest. The bump was nothing. The foul was just that, a foul.

Looks like the umpires weren't calling charges that game. Boozer on ginobili, parker on someone, and ginobili on fisher...

Reply #136418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hate the man!

Reply #136426 | Report this post

Jazz Fan  
Years ago

Ginobili is the biggest tosser in the nba. Utah got massively screwed over...

Reply #136439 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

yeah Utah got screwed when Fisher fouled a 3 POINT SHOOTER, who is the best free throw shooter in the playoffs and were down something like 12 points with under a minute to go. Massively screwed

Reply #136469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah techs were soft i guess and Manu does play up the fouls without a doubt but you have to remember we don't here and see everything that goes on during the game. It looked like there was a great deal of complaining etc. going on from both teams and sometimes the refs decide that enough is enough so they start giving out techs. It looked to me as though Utah had lost the plot by the end. They have to refocus and get back to playing the good basketball they played in game 3. I wanna see a close series. Having said that...GO SPURS!!!

Reply #136475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my bad...i meant hear and see.

Reply #136476 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Well actually Ive been going for the Jazz in this series and I cant stand the Spurs - but I am not a supporter of either.. which makes me unbiased I would think. In my opinion Fisher was out of control, and wasnt focusing 100% on winning the game. That was very obvious.

Reply #136487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he was out of control just like amare and diaw. they all got what they deserved. dont hate on the spurs cause they are too disiplined for that crap.

Reply #136642 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Out of Control? He was trying to block a shot. Yes he was a bit frustrated as you would be if you had just got a tech because someone ran into you but i wouldnt of said he was out of control.

How is this like Amare and Diaw? They ran onto the court trying to help out a teammate yet fisher runs to a bench and tries to block a shot. mmmm sounds very similar to me.

Reply #136725 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

So many sour grapes; its going to be a bad vintage!

Reply #136768 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754