tm
Years ago

Anyone for Mildura?

Hi all, I'm taking an Under 14 girls team to Mildura for the June longweeked. (Div 3 locally)
Any feedback on what this particular competition is like?
How would their Div 1 comp compare to the city /district?
Anyone seen a program....
I am anticipating some serious fun!!!

Topic #11663 | Report this topic

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

The halftime oranges are the best.

Reply #136516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fun tourney, comp has gone down in numbers over the years but still good for bonding and getting some competition. Depends on who u find yourself up against- some of the Broken Hill teams are strong- but go for a fun time and Im sure it will be worth the trip. I have received the draw so must be up on the Irymple website now.

Reply #136517 | Report this post

Jenny Crane  
Years ago

#136517 about sums it up.
Most of the Irymple association teams and Broken Hill are strong (Some div 2 standard)

tm, if your girls go alright in div three here there shouldn't be any problems. You will probably find yourself playing mostly teams from SA division three or four.

The only problem you'll find is that in a group of say, five teams; one will be div 2 standard and thrash everyone; Two will be div 3 standard and win and lose some; and the last two will be least 4-5 standard and get thrashed by the rest.
Especially sad when div 3 teams here are selfish and nominate for Division two and play against a handful of local kids, who might not even have proper uniforms, but there to just make up numbers.

Reply #136529 | Report this post

annoumaus]  
Years ago

i think you should do quite well see as thoughyou do well in adelaide as a div 3 team

Reply #136576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember a few years ago Boti's wife took her under 12 Div 1 girls there.......amazing what some will do to get a trophy!!!

Reply #136813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a very good carnival, but has gone down in numbers quite a lot. OUr team in itself had only four teams in the competition- Norwood, Norwood, and two other Mildura teams.

Reply #136984 | Report this post

tm  
Years ago

Two games on the Saturday.Four games on the Sunday, the first game at 9.00am, last game at 7.00pm. That's a big day for a bunch of excited 11yr olds.Is this program designed to give the locals the leading edge. We are flattered, and will certainly give our best.
Hope those 1/2 time oranges do the trick!!!!

Reply #137073 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754