Isaac
Years ago

Wilkens says Sonics could trade pick

Sonics pres Lenny Wilkens says he'd be open to trading the club's second pick in the upcoming NBA draft.

However, it would have to be a very good offer.

"I can see a couple of scenarios. Dwyane Wade and somebody," Wilkens said. "That is being a little bit crazy, but you always listen. You never know what someone will do."
The Sonics also have picks 31 and 35 and have indicated that they would almost certainly trade one or both of those.

In their position, would you trade the pick and, if so, who for? Surely it'd be a short list?

Topic #11667 | Report this topic

Run TMC  
Years ago

If I were Seattle I'd be looking more seriously at trading Allen for some more youth to build around Durant/Oden.

Reply #136535 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Same day Kobe says he wants out?
HMMM.

Reply #136539 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Sign & Trade Rashard Lewis to Detroit for Chauncey Billups.

Trade No. 2 Pick, Danny Fortson, Luke Ridnour & Mohammed Sene to Minnesota for KG.

Billups/Watson
Allen/Wilkins
Collison/Gelable
Garnett/Wilcox
Petro/Swift

Reply #136548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First of all Collison cant play the 3, so id put wilkins into start. They would be stupid to throw away possibly getting oden. Still could go around with:

ridnour/watson
allen/wilkins
lewis/gelable
wilcox/collison
oden/petro

Reply #136556 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

They have plenty of youth - they dont need to trade Allen to get more. In my opinion they should only trade the 2nd pick for a young player of the caliber of Wade, Stoudamire, Bosh, or D.Howard.
Durant will be that good.

I wouldnt trade it for Garnett, Kobe, Iverson, Kidd or any post peak superstar.

My preference would be to keep the 2nd pick - and I think that's what Wilkins will do.

I wouldnt trade Lewis for Billups either. Billups is on the downside as evidenced by his playoffs this year. Lewis is hitting his prime and is bordering on a bigtime star.

I hope they play a line up of:
Swift/Petro
Lewis/Wilcox
Durant/Gelabale
Allen/Wilkins
??/Watson

Trade Collison and Ridnour for a decent starting point guard, and that is a nice looking team that can compete right now - but is also built for the future.

Reply #136564 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Perhaps a Sign and trade of Lewis packaged with #2 pick for a star player isnt out of the question - sure you wont get wade, but you never know who just might crop up.

Reply #136598 | Report this post

Number 5  
Years ago

What about vince carter?? Could he be an option for the draft pick?

Reply #136611 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

God I hope not. Exactly the sort of player I would steer clear of if trading the pick. Lewis is better than Carter now and is still entering his prime - and Durant will become better very early. I see no reason to go shopping either of them for Carter.

Reply #136614 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

well it looks that Lewis is deffinatly on the out so I would keep the pick as Durant would be able to slide into the three spot. New York seems interested in Lewis do I here Stevie Franchise packing his bags

Reply #136616 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Wilkins has said that he wants to sign Lewis ASAP. Lewis has said all along he wants to stay in Seattle. They can pay him more and for longer than anyone else. He also wants to reward their loyalty in drafting him when everyone else passed on him.

The only way New York get their grubby hands on him is if Seattle have a brain fade and sign/trade him for hometown pieces like Crawford and Nate Robinson... which I can't see happening. Maybe under Wally Walker - but I would give Wilkins more credit than that.

Reply #136617 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Sonics need to revamp their roster, i don't think trading away the rights to one of the best college players in history is a good start. This isn't a jamison for devin harris trade this guy has the potential to be better then every single player mentioned

Reply #136754 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:57 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754