tmagz03
Years ago

Kobe staying a Laker?

Kobe has thought about the comments he made on Stephen A. Smith's radio programme and is now highly considering staying with the lakers

Sources have told me that Jermaine O'neal is likely to join Kobe very soon as the Pacers say that LA have just the players they need to make a fair trade with the Lakers

And also, a rumor of a trade to be considered as good as done is....
Straight swap Kidd for Bynum!

Don't get too hectic as i have said, these are just rumors and nothing is official. Even having Kidd, Bryant and O'neal (obviously not the X laker O'neal), is a great enough combo to go deep in the Western Conference.

If this goes underway i believe that the Lakers have dug themselves out of a really really really deep hole...
What are your thoughts?

Topic #11673 | Report this topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons&entryDate=20070530

Bill Simmons is on the money once again

Reply #136628 | Report this post

And funnily enough his #1 scenario is very similar to my proposal in the other Kobe thread!

Reply #136629 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Deal No. 4: Dallas trades Josh Howard, Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse (sign-and-trade starting at $7.3 million per) for Kobe.

This is the deal I´ll dream about tonight.

Reply #136631 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

He's such a drama queen, "our" Kobe... no wonder no-one likes him apart from his ability on the court... Always been a #### will die as such... Fancy a snot nosed hig schooler getting drafted in the lottery and forcing a trade off the bat... I guess that's daddys boy complex right there...

Reply #136632 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

get over yourself.. its all rumour.. we will just have to wait to c wat happens..

butt this is intersting read.. http://news.kb24.com/

Reply #136634 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Kidd for Bynum straight up is bullsh*t.... I suggest you tell your source to get off the crack...

It can't be done for financial reasons. New Jersey and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be allowed and there is no way Bynum is close to Kidd financially.

For interest sake. Bynum is still on a rookie contract, and in 2003 The Nets signed Jason Kidd to a six-year, $103.6 million contract which is an average of $17 million per year. Bynum averages about $3.5 mill a year.

The Lakers would have to add Odom add a cheap contract (Farmer/draft pick) to make the trade work.

Reply #136658 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Do people realise that the NBA is not actually the same as nba live 96...you cannot trade anyone for anyone. If that was the case there would be trades every week.

Reply #136749 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

good call

Reply #136752 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754