Hoop Addict
Years ago

Classic draws are out

Head over to the VJBL site for details.

SA #2 is back in Pool C & SA #3 in Pool B after being the other way around last year.

Topic #11682 | Report this topic

ITA  
Years ago

Hey Hoop Addict.

How do you know where teams are ranked without going and checking results?

I looked at your link and it has teams in their pools, but does not say what they were (eg SA1 etc). I am sure most people on the forum know what the SA teams were, but for interstate? Is there a list that shows the pools (what state and rank they are composed of), or are you able to list them?

Thanks.

Reply #136755 | Report this post

Sabre  
Years ago

PoolA PoolB PoolC PoolD
Vic1 Vic2 Vic3 Vi4
Vic8 VIc7 Vic6 Vic5
Sa4 Sa3 Sa2 Sa1
NSW3 NSW2 NSW1 ACT

PoolA it the easiest pool

Pool B is easy, but not bad

Pool C is tough

Pool D is the pool of Death

Reply #136758 | Report this post

Years ago

how can pool D be the death pool when they dont play the 1st or 2nd vic teams.

Reply #136764 | Report this post

sabre  
Years ago

Basketball Pool A has Vic 8 and nsw3, which are 2 easy games.

Pool D has 2 tough Vic teams and a State team.

Reply #136770 | Report this post

Webb  
Years ago

Sabre
you are a real BEEP
how can you work that
out?

Reply #136779 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Hey ITA

have you not worked out who hoop addict is ? When you have you will realize that he is mr basketball and knows everything and has not got a life. Don't question him on anything otherwise he turns into an evil vampire that attacks when dark by belittling people on faceless forums like this.

Reply #136789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see we have Norwood in our group for U16 boys. Can any one let me know which of the two teams that played at Easter is the one playing?

Reply #136801 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

anon 136789

no I have not worked out who he is... although I can not say I have tried.

I did not question him... All I did was ask if he could list the seedings, as he seemed to know and I did not. I got the answer I was after from Sabre.

There is a difference between asking a question and questioning someone. Was a genuine question, and I got a good answer. That is what the forum is for, yeah?

Or have I missed something here?

Reply #136844 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Not quite sure what #136789 is on about, but whatever.

ITA - I only just saw your reply, but Sabre has answered your question already.

Pool D is generally regarded as the toughest since Vic 4 & 5 are inveriably strong sides that SA #1 has a hard time dealing with. Then if you manage to go through as the top seed in your pool, you meet Vic #1 in the SEMI final.

It kind of depends what you want to achieve - if you're looking at getting top 8, then Pool A is certainly the easiest. However, it's unlikely that you'll be able to snag top spot in that pool (by beating Vic #1) which means you're likely to play Vic #2 in the quarter final to make top 4.

So A is an easy pool to make top 8 from, but difficult to progress further, unless you get past Vic #1 (which is highly unlikely from an SA #4 seed).

Reply #136848 | Report this post

scouter  
Years ago

Canberra, 16B - what league? whats their record?

Reply #136850 | Report this post

Steel Aquarium  
Years ago

OOOHH, Dandenong 16B1 suffered their 1st loss of the season last night to the hands of the Corio Bay Stingrays down in Geelong. Those Corio Bay boys are hungry.

Reply #136851 | Report this post

Rays 6th Man  
Years ago

Yeah huge win by the Rays, for a club that has only been around for 2 and a half years. Great team effort with a massive home crowd support you will not see anywhere else. Bring on the Classic baby!

Reply #136870 | Report this post

frog 49  
Years ago

any1 got any thoughts bout u/18 boys comp whose the stronger teams? and which teams will b the surprise packet??

Reply #136872 | Report this post

wayville  
Years ago

is pool C a good pool or not??? jst wondering

Reply #136873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U/18 boys will be a great comp this year, the interesting teams to watch will be Bankstown who have one or two kids who are hard at it, Diamond Valley who are undefeated this year in VC and have accounted for the usual top teams quite easily and then there will be the usual suspects, Sturt, Norwood, Sandringham, Dandenong and Frankston and Nunawading.

Reply #136894 | Report this post

Agreed  
Years ago

anon #136894

I love it when uninformed people have opinions which are obviously wrong. And it is hard to have an opinion that is obviously wrong.

How can you assume Norwood will do well in the 18 boys when they didn't even qualify for the tournament?

Reply #136899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you ever made a mistake man ???

So Norwood are not in it, who cares, I think I listed a few others that might take you a while to read if you last post is any indication of your mentality !!!!

Reply #137202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#136894 thinks Centrals, Sutherland, Eltham and Melbourne will also contend for the Classics...

Reply #137206 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:11 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754