ANON12
Years ago

Adelaide to miss big games!

Two recent announcements show that Adelaide will miss out on seeing high quality International games.
Series 1 - A visit by NCAA Div 1 Mens team Washington State University. Admittedly this tour is being promoted by Basketball NSW and Basketball Australia but surely they could have played at other venues if someone was interested enough to get in on the promotion.
Series 2 - Australia Boomers vs NZ Tall Blacks for the right to go to the Olympics. Games will be in Melbourne-Sydney-Brisbane. Given the crowds that regularly attend NBL games in Melbourne and Sydney surely Adelaide could provide better crowds if given the opportunity.
Will Adelaide ever again host an International game/s at The Dome. Given that The Dome is privately owned who would actually promote a tour.
Would the 36ers be interested - probably not?
Would Basketball SA be interested - very doubtful.
So unless some private promoter comes along to bankroll a tour including hiring The Dome then it looks like Adelaide will be in the wilderness for the foreseeable future.

Topic #11732 | Report this topic

stef#4  
Years ago

That is very dissaponting for basketball in SA. How are we meant to premote the sport when we get no big games to watch or no one premoting it. BSA needs to do something i cant believe they let the possibility of having a div 1 school here in Aus and they are not having a game at the dome.....well done BSA

Reply #137323 | Report this post

Disco  
Years ago

I think basketball not only in SA but in the whole of OZ is in a bad state. We can't even get a couple of games (even at 10.30pm like they used to be when I grew up) on free to air tv, all I get in Darwin is an one hour chop shop of highlighs once a week. I wish Bball was as big as it was in the states.

P.S. Go the Spurs

Reply #137325 | Report this post

stef#4  
Years ago

i miss watcing the Sunday NBA those were the best seeing JORDAN score that shot against Utah was sweet i wish a free to air channel would bring back the one game a week and NBA action...Would be sweet and the best thing going on a SUN

Reply #137330 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

at least we get the netball test...

Reply #137342 | Report this post

airistotle onasis  
Years ago

eastern seaboard syndrome

Reply #137610 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:27 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754