Fan
Years ago

Rychart to be back in ABL next year

In this weeks messenger paper in the Standard edition, there is an article on Dusty and the league.
It says in there that Dusty is likely to be back for North next year provided he is healthy.
Great news for Rockets fans, they may be able to build a real force out this way for a while!

Topic #11739 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

I'm sure it will depend on the $'s.

Reply #137442 | Report this post

Arena  
Years ago

I beg to differ in talking with someone close to him, he enjoys the group he plays with and is liking the fact he is back around friends during his off season. At the end of the day you cant play in this league if you are seeking a huge payment, clubs just dont have the money.
In the same article it also speaks about how he is liking the fact he gets worked out everyday and can take things serious while enjoying his off season.
Seems to be important to him.
As a Rockets fan i hope its true, the boys are great to watch and even better when he is out there, makes the price of admission worth it!

Reply #137444 | Report this post

Dunce  
Years ago

Rychart is playing this season so he can get his aussie citizenship! That is the only reason... has he played in the ABL before??? Even when playing for the 36ers! I think not. So don't expect to see him here next season!

Reply #137451 | Report this post

Arena  
Years ago

He couldnt when he was with the Sixers cos he was an import, he is now a permanent resident and therefore clubs dont have to pay an import salary.
Im sure as long as Schuller is coach you will see Rychart in a Rockets uniform.
At the end of the day why would the guy say it if he wasnt thinking of doing it.

Reply #137454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i still cant believe the sixers got rid of him or should i say didnt want to pay him...i hope he destroys the sixers in the next NBL season....

Reply #137460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

out of curiosity, does anyone know how much he is getting paid for playing in the ABL??

Reply #137463 | Report this post

Peanuts  
Years ago

He is getting paid peanuts from what i hear. He had to stay in Australia for Dual Citizenship and wanted to play for someone that he knew and that would give him as many individuals as he needs to work on his game... Schueller has been doing a great job at that... I would love to have that guy around giving me Indi's.

Reply #137466 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I would like to know how he obtained Australian Citizenship so early, if this is true? Technically speaking he should still be playing as an import, which means being paid as an import. Now unless Forestville...whoops, (just habit I guess), I mean North are paying above the salary cap then I don't see how he could playing at North.
Surely Basketball SA would investigate this...Ha ha ha ha, sorry I nearly choked after I typed that...
If Dusty is playing as an Aussie, then why the hell don't we have him in an Australian guernsey????

Reply #137469 | Report this post

Dumb Fcuk  
Years ago

He isn't a Aussie.. He is the process of getting it.. He has permanent Residency and has to wait a year or two to obtain Citizenship so 2009.

Reply #137471 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Can anyone give me an indication of salaries for the ABL..im jst interested

Reply #137478 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Panther, I thought the "must be paid" requirement for ABL imports wouldn't come into play here because Rychart already has a paid position with the Bullets? Isn't that how it works? e.g., The past Warriors imports only had to be paid a certain amount or found an external job to meet a minimum requirement?

Reply #137484 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Being paid from NBL teams isn't year round. Basically it is from pre season till season end. Therefore when playing for an ABL team on a sporting visa they must still be paid a minimum per month.
The way Woodville got around it was to only bring out the import for a maximum amount of games, so for example, to have an import you must pay a minimum of about $2,167 per month, plus have accomodation, car and pay his airfare. Therefore to have an import for a whole season would cost about $13,000 just in cash alone. Due to the fact that Woodville couldn't really afford this, they brought him out for 3 or 4 months and paid him accordingly.
They other way is to find an employer who will employ him but actually pay his wages to the Basketball club, who then passes the money over to the player.
My thinking is, if Dusty is applying for a Dual Citizenship, then he would be or should be getting paid $0 from North. If he was, he would be breaching his visa. If he is being paid, then it needs to be the minimum.

Reply #137501 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Being paid from NBL teams isn't year round. Basically it is from pre season till season end.
Are you sure?

Reply #137502 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:26 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754