Aims
Years ago

Forman's chances for Boomers

What do you think Oscar's chances are in getting a spot in the Boomers after the first trial camp this week?

Let me know what you think

Topic #11748 | Report this topic

Paul  
Years ago

You are kidding - he has as much chance as most of the guys who were at camp with him - NONE.

Reply #137510 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For the NZ series, no. For a lead-up tour, we'll see - depends on the size of the squad and who's available.

When the Boomers are anywhere near full strength, there are many players ahead of him at SF: Mackinnon, Nielsen, Saville, Worthington, Holmes, etc.

Reply #137513 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

no chance

Reply #137517 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

that is true isaac, but he has been showing potential in the nznbl surely they give him a shot if he is in form.

I thought Nielsen was injured and isn't going to be available so younever know what going to happen

Reply #137519 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

If Oscar continues to improve, I think he would be a chance for the World Champs in 2010. Goorjian has shown in the past he has a fondness for outside shooting bigmen, given how long Tony Ronaldson stayed in the Boomers team.

Reply #137520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forman and Jacob "I have no arc in my shot" Holmes are NO CHANCE in getting a spot with the Boomers this week

Reply #137526 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

Goorj wont be the coach at World Champs in 2010.

Reply #137528 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Thank god for that!

Reply #137533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do u know Goorj won't be coach then? I hope that statement is not based on age.. look at Lindsay Gaze who coached til just a few seasons ago.. and look at Copeland, he's 42 years and still playing NBL (thanks to the 36ers)

Reply #137544 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Unless the Boomers have a truly disastrous Olympics or Goorjian quits, I'd say he would have a very good chance of being the coach in 2010

Reply #137600 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I recall seeing somewhere that there was a suggestion that Goorj wouldn't coach past the next olympics. Whether that was from BA or Goorj I can't recall. But anything can happen.

Reply #137649 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Gorj has openly stated that he will finish after the olympics.

Reply #137659 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ah OK, I was referencing this:

13 - 22 June - Australia Post Boomers International Tournament in China.

Reply #137660 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

well it looks like that oscar had the potential that they were looking for as he made it into the china team and i hope that he proves himself over there and can go for one of the spots on the final team against NZ.

Although it will be sad not seeing him play his last game in the nznbl and hopefully he be back in time for the semi finals and finals.

Good luck Oscar

Reply #137689 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:21 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754