airistotle onasis
Years ago

It is freezing here in Melbourne

just want to say it is freezing here in sunny melbourne.

hope the games are close to keep the excitement up.

people complaining petrol at $1.39 litre is expensive here ?? WTF been paying that for sometime in adel.

Topic #11757 | Report this topic

airistotle onasis  
Years ago

Q - totally away from the subject - have you ever wondered why in adelaide - people can not hang around to pay for the newspaper - there is something about older men that leads to this bizzare behaviour of spending the shortest amount of time at the shop when buying a newspaper!!
ie they grab the paper and lean all over the 3 people waiting and put the money on the counter and fly!
or if the staff are busy the $ must be left on the counter - no wait for transaction time.

If they buy milk - they will wait.
bottle of coke - wait.
sugar - wait.

but a newspaper - must be a time penalty for people if they cue up to buy a paper.

anyway just a meaningless observation

Reply #137614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excellent observation, I am victorian and never realised that you didnt do that everywhere!!

Reply #137617 | Report this post

BIG baller  
Years ago

hahahahha very true!

good luck to all adelaid team makin the treck give em all hell over there, and if your all able head to telstra dome and help the power get over carlton!!!!

good luck young ballers

Reply #137619 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Coz a newspaper doesn't need to be scanned

Reply #137623 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

It does at most places SVD! You just scan the next one in the pile.

Reply #137626 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Yeah ok - so that is why they grab it - leave the cash and walk off then - it either doesn't need to be scanned or there are ones that are easily accessible ... unlike coke which is in the fridges

What is my life come to - why am I explaining this?

Reply #137627 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

My local service station has got a barcode on a piece of cardboard at the counter, hence removing the need to scan the paper, so dropping the money on the counter and leaving can be done so easily and plus most people seem to always have the right money when buying the paper.

Reply #137628 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Na - There is a band of old guys who just wait for the dead rich fella to hit ADZ and then play with his mind by following him about and at the appropriate time grab tizer, reach over him and chuck coin at the counter. The shop-keep is in on it.

Reply #137640 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

You think it is cold in Melbourne. Monday morning on the way to work in Canberra it was -4.

Reply #137643 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

try sydney today its absolutely freezing, storms, gail winds and 5m swell on the coast!!

Reply #137661 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I could point out that it is a warm 32 here in Singapore, but that would be cruel :)

Reply #137669 | Report this post

Trex  
Years ago

Or a pleasant 80F at 11PM in Phoenix Arizona...100F during the day...suffer..

Reply #137670 | Report this post

Grumpy Old Fart  
Years ago

The answer to the "paper walk of scandal" is that those grumpy old men know how much the same paper is every day. I dont think you could say that for any other product in any store.

A bottle of coke in one servo could be $0.50- $2.00 more in the next; however the Advertiser or the Herald Sun is the same price, no matter which shop you buy it from in it's state of origin

Reply #137944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #138057 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:06 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754