Anonymous
Years ago

16 Nationals

after the classic results all predictions and assumptions have been thrown out the window..
any new thoughts since the classic??

Topic #11799 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes,

Vic Country, Vic Metro, WA Metro, NSW Metro and SA Metro and Qld Sth all with a chance in 3 weeks.

Depends who is coaching and how the week is handled. Kids get selfish, stubborn, injured and sick. Coaches get tired, cranky, caught up in the week and crack under the glare of the spotlight.

Don't get too caught up on the classic results, WA were not there, Qld Sth were not there.

We saw in 2005 in 16's that the two best teams didn't make the final, two Vic Teams did.

Coaching experience vs inexperience with a talented team, all I know is that this year is a shoe in for some great games and a great Semi series leading to a bunch of good teams missing out and two teams that will be strong playing for the Big Dollars.

Your thoughts ?

Reply #137984 | Report this post

dwill  
Years ago

a very in depth analysis..
wa metro, sa metro, nsw metro looks like a real tough draw with 1 missing out on a semi final birth..
sa metro looked not as strong as originally thought since the classic and nsw metro have gone up a notch since the classic with key players leading a nsw team to victory.

Reply #137985 | Report this post

dwill  
Years ago

and vic country in that pool aswell my mistake

Reply #137986 | Report this post

tk  
Years ago

SA will not make the semi final.
Most of the guards are selfish and hold the ball far to long. One big has soft hands and the other is inexperienced at this level. Main forward is injury prone and want last the journey.

Reply #137993 | Report this post

dwill  
Years ago

semi final predictions???

Reply #137997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tk, U r talking both boys and girls

Reply #138036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant believe nobody is talking about Tasmania in the boys. They are bringing 6 kids back from last years team, including one of the most prolific scorers from the competition, in Greenwood.

The 'other' side of the draw is not as open as it would appear. Vic Metro (would assume they will be good), New Zealand (could be anything), Qld Sth (are very good), and Tasmania (as above) are all realistic chances of making semis.

There is going to be a lot of depth at Nationals this year, and whoever wins it will have to work for it.

Reply #138051 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

SA won't win more than 2 games in 16 boys. They are over rated big time. The heirachy have got it oh so wrong yet again. Hope I'm wrong but when are they gonna start picking the very best kids and start working in with other commitments. You could pick a team of kids that didn't make this team and beat this group - so predictable. At least we hope they enjoy the location and have a nice extra weeks holiday.

Reply #138122 | Report this post

Guru  
Years ago

anon,

Just hilarious, sorry that you or your kid got cut.

Reply #138127 | Report this post

Testie  
Years ago

What other commitments are you referring to? The team trains twice a week with an occasional midweek scrimmage over a period of 4-5 mths?

Most players have been doing individual programs under the guidance of their club coaches/ABL players so as to work into their existing club trainings/local venues. Club coaches involved have gladly assisted with this process.

Are you suggesting that in preparing for the Nationals that there is a way to 'work in with their other commitments'? Any suggestions how?

I agree with you on one thing. After seeing the NSW kids in the Classics it will be a tough Nationals. It takes a brave man to make specific predictions like you have made and put their name to them, but a coward to make them and not leave their name.

Reply #138138 | Report this post

Spurs Fan  
Years ago

YES!! i agree with TEstie..
u have a good point

Reply #138149 | Report this post

Spurs Fan  
Years ago

BUT VIc MEtro will take it out ...

Reply #138150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

16 country girls 3rd or 4th, 16 country boys 11th. 16 metro girls 8th, 16 metro boys 4th.

Reply #138185 | Report this post

BoB  
Years ago

it will be Vic metro VS NSW Metro Final..
n VIc Metro will come away because of there bepth

Reply #138195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

qld south to get to the final in the girls. qld nth also a good chance.

Reply #138231 | Report this post

Goosey  
Years ago

TK who is the injury prone forward? club maybe number?

Reply #138353 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Guru and tesy I do not have to put a faceless name to these posts but judging by your names I appreciate you intelligence level. I will name my true name once this prediction becomes fact and no I did not have a kid cut or one playing at all. I am an interested observer of the game in general and from what I have seen happening over the past 5 or so years the game in this state is definately going backwards and that is a direct result of the little dictatorship that controls the sport in this state.

Reply #138359 | Report this post

Guru  
Years ago

And when they win more than their 2 games we won't see hide nor hare of you because you are a coward!

Reply #138372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im guessing the Norwood kid, i think he wears #7

Reply #138376 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Guru

you are your own legend - cowards are brave people. Lets start getting articulate. I'll back myself against a slug like you anytime.

Reply #138418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know who is coaching at Vic Metro 18's and 16's? Did they coach a team at the classics or Nunawading?

Reply #138425 | Report this post

zacko  
Years ago

i think it is he buleen coach not sure though

Reply #138990 | Report this post

zacko  
Years ago

^^ as in for u/16 men vic metro

Reply #138991 | Report this post

zacko  
Years ago

^^ as in for u/16 men vic metro

Reply #138992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alan McAughtry, from Bulleen, is U16 boys while Guy Malloy is taking U18 boys.

Reply #139216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He doesnt coach at Bulleen anymore from what i heard. Not sure if he is coaching anywhere else or not.

Reply #139228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he coaches 18 boys at Bulleen this year.

Reply #139240 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

watch out for NZ..

Reply #139331 | Report this post

b  
Years ago

Alan McAughtry isnt coaching district this season because of problams with the U18 bulleen boys this season. from what ive heard its his last national tournament and he is retiring as a coach at a district and national level

Reply #139444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One can only hope this is so.

Reply #140458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

# 140458

Not a fan of the Vic Metro coach I take it....

Reasons ?

You wouldn't be a former SA player now living in Vic would you ?

Reply #142665 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:37 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754