SVD
Years ago

Game 3 - Cavs v Spurs

Maybe in a turn of fortune Larry Hughes has pulled out of tonights game.

Might only be a good thing giving Boobie Gibson the chance to play some minutes - looked like the only guy who could make a shot on Monday and the only guy that could stay between Parker and the basket - that said they do have Eric Snow.

I think the Cavs will lose this game - win game 4 and lose game 5.

Topic #11806 | Report this topic

ritz  
Years ago

any score updates?

Reply #138034 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/gameTrax?gameId=2007061205&refreshRate=60

Reply #138035 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

I can't see this game, am following stats on Yahoo, but Cavs leading 18/16 at quarter time.

Yet Duncan - 0 Rebounds
Parker - 0 Points & 0 assists
Ginobili - 0 Points
Is this all from defensive pressure from the Cavs, I notice that Gibson has played the entire 1st quarter as well.

Cavs leading rebounding 19/8, yet are still only up by 2, they will be lucky to keep the sort of differential up. Think if Spurs get going, they will probably roll the Cavs again.

Reply #138037 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

Crap quality:

http://www.andromedanet.com/tvtuner_sop_plsports1.html

Reply #138039 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Cavs up 5 with 6 left -

Bron 9 4 and 4 with 4 TO
Duncan 8 points 1 Board

Parker quiet with 4 points so far

Reply #138040 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

Duncan and James in foul trouble

3 each.

Reply #138042 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Parker had a much better 2nd quarter, with 8 points and the Spurs lead at the Half.
I think the Texans might be bringing brooms to Game 4!

Reply #138046 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Half time - Spurs up 2

Answer me why would Mike Brown take LeBron out with 3 fouls while the best interior defender (Duncan) is on the bench with 3. This is the time the Cavs should have tried to take advantage.

Mike Brown is an awful coach.

Reply #138047 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Agreed, he benched him in Game 1 when in foul trouble, then wondered why they couldn't score..

Leave Lebron on, he is a smart enough player to keep out of more trouble...

Reply #138049 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

He benched LeBron for 7 minutes of the first qtr in game 2 after he picked up 2 fouls ... you can't win without him - he has to play 48 - if he fouls out so be it. It is not like there is a tomorrow - take a risk.

My guess is a Van Gundy will be there next year.

Has there ever been a coach that was fired after making it to the finals - maybe Westhead (for the lakers back in 81 or 82 I think)

Reply #138050 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

mmm - mike brown is terrible

Reply #138052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

leave him alone obviously he has done a good job by getting the cavs 2 the finals. i would take him out if he had foul trouble to he should be able to come back after being on the bench and score

Reply #138053 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He is a shit coach!

55 - 50 Spurs at 3/4

James on the bench again!!
anon, Lebron got them to the Finals, not the coach...

Reply #138056 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

Pft, the Cavs are a terrible team, for them to make the finals the coach had to have something to do with it. LeBron can't take over in clutch games he has shown it again.

Reply #138058 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah cant take over because he is on the bench!
I think he showed he can take over against Detroit..

Tim Floyd could get the Cavs to the finals!

Reply #138059 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Spurs 3-0.

Stick a fork in the Cavs.

Thankfully this god awful series will be over soon. Every second of it has hurt my eyes.

Reply #138061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibson was awesome.

Reply #138062 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Awful game  Brown was trying to call a time out and they missed it when they were down 2 with 20 seconds left - Anderson ended up taking some crazy shot when LeBron was wide open. Bowen fouled LeBron on the last 3  no call.

Lebron also missed 2 easy layups late to bring it back to 2 when they were down 4

Reply #138063 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Anderson had a huge brainfart with that last shot he had.... That was the game in that one set.

Reply #138064 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Yeah my call of Gibson was a tad off - Snow played his 4th qtr minutes - I have been right about everything else so far though

Cavs to win game 4

Simmons will also get his "TEAMS TO COME BACK FROM 3-0" stat that he likes so much

Reply #138065 | Report this post

BT  
Years ago

What a crap game, the quality of the game and the 73-70 scoreline 10 sec left in the 4th Qtr only to come back from the extra long add break to see there is 5.5 sec left and the score is 73-72 (where did those 2pts come from???). I mean, when is the time you want to really see every second of play? The final seconds of the game when it's a close game of course! Very disappointing Aus ESPN!

Is Lebron scared to shoot the rock or drive to the basket, only towards the end did we really see the later but it felt like he wanted to dish rather then drive or shoot. Surely now he has to come out in game 4 and be a selfish player if the cavs are going to win 1 game this series.

Maybe the cavs can cut their losses and come to an agreed final scoreline of, say, 4-2 with the spurs and just give them the championship now. I mean, does anyone really believe the cavs can come back and make this a tight series? I'm already looking to next season (and preying for a quality cavs-spurs game to go out on)

Reply #138070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lebron doesn't possess the clutch factor Wade, Melo, Horry possesses.

Reply #138073 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Go Spurs!

Reply #138079 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Two weeks to the Draft, then only a few days until Trading and signing of Free Agents.

That will all be far more interesting than these finals!

Reply #138088 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yeah these Finals are an absolute joke! The fact that the Cavs are playing in the finals is embrassing! This was never going to be a tight series it was always going to be a sweep or 4-1 at absolute best. It would be at least a contest if Detroit where in it.

Reply #138103 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

i think people forget lebron is 22 years old...22!! and hes already taken a shithouse team to the finals (given the amount of pressure and expectations that is amazing)..so lay off lebron and stop giving him this choker label..its not his fault they are in this hole...he gets his team mates involved early and takes over when neccessary..yeah he probably should play the way he plays the fourth for all three quarters - but like i said...hes 22! in his first final series...give him a break..and no clutch play?...didnt u see the pistons series? he does take over down the stretch u cant say he doesnt-he just needs to do it with a bit more consistancy and improve his awareness when he catches the ball...but that will come with experience

Reply #138107 | Report this post

BT  
Years ago

I think you'll find that the criticism of the Cavs is not towards Lebron, but the players that are around him. Every other team that has made the finals have had other good or great players in there starting 5. Big Z is past it, Gooden is okay, Pavlovic is a defencive liability, Gibson is a rookie and Hughes is currently injured (hughes is probably the only other shining point in this team and even he isn't great).

I mean Horry would be the second best player on this team behind Lebron and he comes off the bench for the spurs

Reply #138109 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I think if LeBron shoots more and forces his shot every play the Cavs will be blown out of the water. He's not a scorer like Kobe, have you seen how many bricks the guy throws up? I mean genuine bricks, looks wrong out of the hand, clangs into the front of the rim, that sort of thing? LeBron's strength is his ability to get his team mates involved combined with the fact he is a good scorer.

What type of player do y'all think the Cavs need to go one step further? I think a Ray Allen type player would fit the mould nicely, Ray's perhaps getting on a bit in years now but I think the Cavs would benefit greatly from a second superstar who can flat out shoot and be happy being the beta dog in the team, someone who's capable of destroying opposition teams when their defensive stopper is on LeBron, and another option down the stretch.

Reply #138116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lebron is a quality player and he can get it done in clutch. but as was pointed out b4 he lacks finals experience and at the moment so do the cavs. this series is all over but look for the cavs 2 make some changes to their roster and comeback stronger next year

Reply #138128 | Report this post

it doesn't help Drew gooden is in the running for the worst player in the NBA. I mean come on. I'm saying that all 8 western conference teams could beat the cavs right now.

And horry clutch? He's just a shooter that people leave open

Reply #138136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drew gooden isnt a bad palyer he is strong and gets good boards and can score inside. how can you say horry isnt clutch how many times has he scored big shots in his career. sorry horry is clutch....

Reply #138139 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

horry hits big shots...hes not clutch...i agree with e.l.g...a clutch player is the likes of nash, kobe, wade...those guys who come up HUGE when it counts ALL the time...horry is known for hitting a couple of big threes at the end of games...he is wide open every time and knocks down ONE shot...hes made a lot of unbelieveable PLAYS but he isnt clutch..especially when u say...wade, melo, horry...it doesnt fit..not sure if im keen on melo in their either

and lebron does cop it! the critism lies mostly with his team mates - but u cant say u havent heard people call lebron a choker at least three of four times already..and not a scorer? his midrange jump shot is usually money...and he did average 21pts per in his rookie season (as a 19 year old) 27pts the next and then 31pts the next...what the hell do u call a scorer??!! he needs to be taking over more - did u notice every time he took it to the rim and used his strength and size as well as his quickness he either got fouled, scorer or just missed an easy lay up...he plays the way he does in the 4th in all quarters, the cavs are a shot

yeah getting his team mates involved is half his game but they are not getting it done..he needs to take it into his own hands like he did during that massive comeback that fell short in game 2..the fourth in game 3..they are the only times cleveland looked good

Reply #138146 | Report this post

Brooks  
Years ago

"Jules" is absolutely right in everything he just commented on!

Couldn't agree more about Horry, no way is he a clutch player. And I've heard too much negative talk about Lebron as well and have to agree with you on what you posted about him. The Cavaliers HAVE played at thier best when Lebron turns it on, I haven't ever thought of that, but it's entirely true. The only threatening runs the Cavs made were during those times. And when people do realise that they jump on his back for not doing it all game. He is 22 as Jules reminded us all, I know theres so much hype but people please let him gain some experience first and get a better supporting cast at least.

Reply #138224 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:18 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754