Big Shot Bob
Years ago

Game 4: Cavs vs Spurs

James struggling but Cavs got the lead early in the 1st. i dont think that the Cavs have a chance... Spurs are too good..

25 - 24 cavs

Topic #11830 | Report this topic

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Parker pushing for finals MVP - 15 points at the half on 6-7 shooting...

Reply #138282 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

Love the ESPN headline today

BREAK OUT Le BROOM

Reply #138287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'The Next MJ'

Soon to be clean sweeped by the Spurs, nice one Bron.

Reply #138288 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No shame for LeBron IMO - came up against a very good team having a poor support cast of his own - he's missing Larry Hughes remember - that hurts.

How'd Shaq go in his first Finals series?

Reply #138291 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

1 man show is not his fault really.

Spurs prove that you can't win without the cattle.

being a spurs fan myself I couldn't see Duncan winning it if he was the man in Cleveland or Wade or Kobe for that matter.

Lebron needs better support than Gibson Gooden and Pav.

Trade them all for a Garnett and start over.

Reply #138293 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Im with you Isaac, Cavs havent got much apart from James, Spurs have 3 international superstars in Duncan, Ginobli and Parker. Throw in finals king Horry, Finley, Bowen, Barry and that is a fair side.

Cavs have Ilgauskas and he has had an inconsistent series, Marshall has been inconsistent all year, Snow hasnt done anything, Hughes has been injury plagued and Gooden/Varejo(sp?) havent been competitive against the spurs frontcourt. Gibson has performed well for a Rookie. Cavs need some help for Lebron. Rashard Lewis? Free agent coup....

Reply #138295 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For the public record, I have convinced Hoop Addict to offer me 20-1 on the Cavs winning from eight down at three-quarter time.

Margin is back to four. Come on Cavs!

60-57.

Reply #138296 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

Pay the Hoop Addict !!!!!!!!!

Reply #138298 | Report this post

I really underestimated the cavs. they are one of the most selfish, untalented ballclubs that i've seen. drew gooden's attitude problem. Did you see him wave big Z off the post, then not hi 5 him when Z hit a foul shot? why didn't lebron go to the post?

Reply #138299 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hoop Addict has been paid the maximum he'd allow me to bet. One single frickin' point!

I also wanted odds on Damon Jones getting into double figures. HA said he'd get subbed off and had no chance, but he had 9 points.

Reply #138303 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

How many years did it take Jordan to win his first championship? I'm not a massive LeBron fan, but #138288 was a bit harsh.

Reply #138304 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

I seriuosly believe Cleveland won't be back in the finals for a few years espcially if the format changes.

Reply #138309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The format won't change. People are crying for change after a crap house playoffs, but some years are just like that. Last year's playoffs were a cracker!

Reply #138310 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

There was rumour about a first round conference Swap which would make it interesting.

I would rather see the rankings from 1 - 16 and let them travel all over the place at least we would get the chance to see 1v2 in the final and Spurs play Phoenix or Dallas for the whole title.

Do you really think Cleveland are going Yes! we won the East...

when who really cares now.

Reply #138314 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Tony Parker has been announced as MVP

Ok a recap on all our predictions before the finals started and our MVPs

Ref23 - Cavs in 6
Hustle - Cavs in 7
DB5 - Cavs in 7,
elg - Spurs in 6
123abc - Suprs in 6
TC - Spurs in 6
Dr Bullshit - Spurs in 6
TR - Spurs in 6
Dennis Denuto - Spurs in 6
SVD - Spurs in 5
Jules - Spurs in 5
Isaac - Spurs in 5
Mahatma Cote - Spurs in 5
Coopz - Spurs in 4
Leopard - Spurs in 4

For MVP - In thread predicted Before Game 1

Ref23 - LBJ (to avg 28 10 7)
Hustle - LBJ (to avg TD)
Stef #4 - Duncan
Isaac - Parker
SVD - Parker

In thread after Game 2

Stef#4 - Parker
Johnni - Parker (maybe Bowen)
DB5 - Parker
Jules - Parker
Olskoolgamer - Parker
Johnnysacks - Parker

Good work all - rubbish finals

Bring on the draft and trading season - gonna be more intersting than the actual series

Reply #138317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SPURS 2007 NBA CHAMPIONS

Reply #138320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mahatma Cote, I'm sure Cleveland are not saying "Yes, we won the East" anymore than the loser of the finals would be saying "Yes, we made the grand final" in your proposed 1-16 scheme.

Reply #138322 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

San Antonio partying hard

live coverage at www.woai.com

Reply #138327 | Report this post

Dennis Denuto  
Years ago

VERY disappointing form by the Cavs indeed!

Worst NBA Finals in 25 years!

Reply #138329 | Report this post

BT  
Years ago

Credit to the Spurs, they went in and did the job clinically like a plastic surgeon.

I'm wondering if Duncan and Paker even raised a sweat.

I can only hope this is eating away at Lebron so he'll come out next year and be an even better player (and maybe the cavs may aquire a great player from free agency. KG anyone? Yeah, I know this won't happen, I just liked the thought that's all...)

Cavs and the rest of the east have a long way to go, I think it's about time we saw the talented Chicago become a number 1 contender so next year we can have a great finals series.

Anyway Congratulations Spurs, if I was a spurs fan I would be stoked at the teams performance since 1999.

Reply #138335 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

James entered the game in a prolonged shooting slump, making just 2-of-26 jumpers in the first three games and going 0-for-13 on jump shots -- other than 3-pointers -- outside the foul lane.
My emphasis: took me a second to realise they were talking about actual jumpshots and not all attempts from the field. Still, shows how the Spurs beat the Cavs by forcing LeBron into taking those shots. Remember how woeful his shooting at that range was at the Olympic Games?

Reply #138337 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

Anon 138322 that's excactly what I mean throw the East v West part out of the finals and just run the top 16
even if most teams would be western.

Reply #138345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if they want a ship trade hughes and gooden

Reply #138357 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Gooden just flat out sucked! Crazy hair as well..

Clinical spurs, yawn, but effective. LBJ is a man child and will come back hard next year, hopefully they swing a trade or 2, maybe Gooden for Odom? J.Rich or even Ray Allen if available..Not sure of prices, but these names are out in trade rumours already, who knows?

Anyone hear that person/people constantly screaming when the spurs were on offence? A few dry throats in Cleveland tonight..

Reply #138369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just realised that, the Nuggets who are the worst defensive team in the playoffs, actually defended best against the Spurs.

The Nuggets kept the Spurs to their lowest ppg in their whole playoff series.

Meh, shows how embarassing the East Conference is.

Reply #138375 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

DB5 - most definitely (to the screaming fruitcake)... Thank god this abberation of nature has gone its course... I had high hopes - but it wasn't to be... Bron has time - i will give him one "choke in the NBA finals" card... and lets not forget - the Spurs will (should go down as one of the best/better teams in NBA history...

Reply #138377 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Anyone think that Marshall is the NBA's version of Tony Ronaldson???

Or vice versa???

Reply #138378 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hughes will be impossible to trade due to his crappy contract. His production since being a Cav has been dismal compared to his Wizard days. His number are shite for trading, 12 mill next year, then 12.8 and 13.6 mill. There is no way he's earning his money.

Outside of Lebron, Gooden is the only potential nightly double-double. He needs to find some consistancy and also a new haircut. His contract is also pretty good for his production - 6.7 mill next year and 7.1 mill the year after.

I think the Cavs will only have the MLE to use and outside of Lebron they haven't got much trade potential to use. Whatever free money will be used in trying to retain Varejao and Pav (both restricted FA).

To make things even worse for the Cavs they don't have any draft picks this year (Gooden and Welsh trades) unless they can buy or trade one with the Suns, Pistons or the 76ers (multiple draft picks)

At least by 2009/10 they should be well under the cap to make a dash at some decent free agents.

Reply #138379 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Go Spurs!!!

Reply #138387 | Report this post

Gooden sucks. he is definitely the worst decision maker by far in the whole league. if they had a GM with half a brain they would have won 2 championships already.

and lebron can only blame himself for not having a good team. surely he doesn't need a max contract, with all the endorsement deals he whores himself out to? now they are in financial peril for another 2 years, and cannot make a franchise changing move.

Reply #138416 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Actually Lebron was still on his rookie contract, so he was an absolute bargin @ 5.8 mill.

His extension kicks in next season at 12.8 mill and ends in 2010/11 at 16.3 mill.

What hurts is Eric Snow contract at 6 mill the next two years, going to 7 mill in 2008/2009. Big Z is going to cost them over 10 mill until 2009/2010. Larry Hughes has an albatross of a contract. Donyell Marshall is getting more than the MLE for then next 2 seasons.

I don't think the Cavs will be able to add anyone decent for a while.

I don't mine Goodens contract for the number he provides. His bbal IQ is low, but at least you give you a double double on most nights.

Reply #138421 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

Lebron James!

Reply #138506 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:07 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754