david
Years ago

Emu's U19 Mens - update

In a recent tournament in France in the lead up to the world champs in 22 days, they came a respectable 2nd. Beating France to come 2nd. The Israel U20 team beat US to take it out. On the way they beat USA and Serbia. Mills and Ogilvy both made the all star 5 and Ogilvy was made the MVP. Good result and bodes well for the world championships of which we are the current title holders. Watch as we dawn in the age of Australian dominance in basketball! I hope we get some decent coverage of this tournament when it starts.

Topic #11842 | Report this topic

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Hang on, how do you win a game to come second ?!

Reply #138419 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Yeh i know, i thought the same thing. Apparently Israel played US for 1st and Australia played France for 2nd? It's their tournament and that's what they chose to do. Don't ask me why. I did have to translate the French website to English, such is the sports media bias to basketball in this country.

Reply #138422 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Israel were unbeaten in the tournament so they came first. Australia was leading the game against them at half-time. Ogilvy got some really good raps, people rating him as NBA ready.

Reply #138426 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

Still don't get it...

Reply #138487 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

the USA Team could easily dominate but im sure they are purposely leaving out superstars..USA would carve if they had guys like Oden,Durant,Brandon Jennings,Kyle Singler and lets not forget OJ Mayo!! That is a team of superstars..Oden and durant going nba and Oj mayo was going to until they introduced the rule where u cannot enter nba str8 after high school

Reply #139415 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:28 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754