TR
Years ago

Kobe wants out - NY or Chicago?

New reports of Kobe contacting Buss saying he wants out...

Kobe met Buss in Spain yesterday and told him to his face he wants a new home.

In a separate report, Bryant's agent Rob Pelinka told Chad Ford, "Kobe's position remains unchanged ... Kobe would like to be moved."

Here is the link

Topic #11850 | Report this topic

Unit  
Years ago

Have read this report a few places, Lakers still have no intention of trading him at the moment though.

Apparently has a 3 team wish list, Chicago and New York being 2 of them.

Reply #138462 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Does anyone think it could get to a stage where Kobe is stood down from the team. I guess being the off season it doesn't really effect the moral of the team at this stage.

Would the Lakers be prepared to give Kobe a paid holiday like the 76ers did with AI until he's traded??? Would Kobe fail to report to the Lakers if push came to shove???

Reply #138468 | Report this post

phoenix being the other (y)

Reply #138469 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

NY for sure with him, they might get stronger again, but with Chicago he might get a ring.

Reply #138508 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I cant see Kobe going anywhere

What would Chicago or NY have to give up to get him?

Reply #138562 | Report this post

phoenix could give up Marion, Barbosa, 24th, 29th and next years ATL pick for him and maybe someone else.

Reply #138567 | Report this post

Unit  
Years ago

The Suns could offer a nice package but the Lakers would look to move Kobe east. I very much doubt they will get value from anyone they trade with, the Bulls and Knicks do have some young interesting players though.

Any deal for Kobe involving the Bulls you'd think would have to involve both Deng and Gordon along with a few other pieces.

With the Knicks, Crawford, Lee and Frye would have to be involved for any sort of deal to be worked out.

Reply #138571 | Report this post

I know that they would try shipping him east. however, Paxson wont give up Deng and Gordon. he wouldnt give up Deng for gasol, which would of handed them a finals berth. phoenix can offer them the best package, and he wants to go there. the no clause in his deal means he can reject any deal he wants to.

Reply #138577 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Absolutely sick and tired of Kobe... He gets drafted - won't play for the Hornets... Gets his wish - and has simply never grown up since... If it's not his trade demands (sport-related at least) he's airing other players dirty laundry (i.e. his accusations about Shaq and Karl Malones extramaritals - as justification for HIS eff ups...) In this guys mind he can do no wrong... It's always someone elses fault... Grow up Kobe!!! (your almost 30 FFS...)

Reply #138634 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Here is a bit from Kobe's website which is interesting.

"The more I thought about the future, the more I became convinced that the Lakers and me just have two different visions for the future. The Lakers are pursuing a longer-term plan that is different from what Dr. Buss shared with me at the time I re-signed as a free agent. I have seen that plan unfold for the last three years and watched great trade opportunities come and go, and have seen free agents passed on. That has led to the Lakers not winning a playoff series. All of that was frustrating in itself, but then, this week to have someone "inside" the Laker organization try to blame me in the media for us not being a contender right now -- that is what brought me to my current position today"

Reply #138652 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754