NBL All-Star
Years ago

Eric Burdon Or Sutton

Who would you rather have on your team? Eric Burdon or Matt Sutton?

After watching last nights game I would rather have Eric Burdon on my team and for a 10 spot on the Sixers. He can shoot better than D NG and Matt Sutton and can bring the ball up as well.

Thoughs...

Topic #11852 | Report this topic

NBL All-Star  
Years ago

Thoughts?

Reply #138460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sutton

Reply #138461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would want sutton in my team!!

Reply #138467 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

sutton

Reply #138473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sutton. He's only young and does need to develop his shooting more. However his solid defence and his leadership of the offence from the point position is fantastic for his lack of experience and age

Reply #138476 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

Sutton!! He is the man!

Reply #138480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eric

Reply #138502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

M Ng

Reply #138503 | Report this post

Matt Wens  
Years ago

some great posts here...:S

I think sutton gives more to the team than just shooting, he is becoming a floor general, plays solid defence, atleast at abl level. he has alot to learn but the potential is there imo.

Reply #138521 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Sutton!

Reply #138522 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Sutton! his name sounds better. Adealide 36's needs him on the bench.

Reply #138526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus Ng!

Reply #138552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd take both of them and get rid of Copeland!

Reply #138555 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I would take both of them also. For all the previous posters who straight out said Sutton, have you actually watched Burdon play this weekend? He far outclassed Sutton in both games. If he continues this way and improves further, he will be a superior player. His only downfall is his size.

Reply #138572 | Report this post

No "D" vs "D"  
Years ago

Sorry I thought I would change the title so the topic would make more sense.

Reply #138575 | Report this post

No  
Years ago

Reply #138576 | Report this post

Eastern Fan  
Years ago

How do you out play someone in both games when you only played each other once over the weekend...

Reply #138587 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Eastern Fan, if you are referring to my comment, I didn't say out played, I said out classed. I meant each respective player in each of their respective games.

Reply #138603 | Report this post

Eastern Fan  
Years ago

You saw all 3 games then I assume to make such a judgement...

Reply #138611 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No, the one I didn't see was judged on the game results. It reflected the 2 I did see.

Reply #138613 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

Sutton for sure.
The kid brings D and composure bringing the ball across into offence. He can shoot but being at Adelaide he doesnt need to be a regular scoring option. As long as he maintains his passing and keeps developing offencively its a no brainer.
Ng, no but thankyou really. I like my guards to understand something of the phrase defencive intensity and TEAM offence. I mean if you need somone to just bomb shots toward the end of a 24, lets call up, christ anyone, its not that hard a job to do.

Reply #138615 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

At this stage, Sutton because he translates his game well to the NBL - one of those guys that doesn't dominate the ABL, but still proves to be useful at the higher level.

Reply #138618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sutton has more to his game than shooting, burdon simply has shooting hence his inconsistency at times Burdon isn't really a PG either more an undersized (at NBL level SG) maybe for ABA u might think bought burdon over sutton but for nbl sutton takes the cake anyday especially if u want a true PG

Reply #138619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sutton.
IMO we are fast starting to lose sight about what the game is about and the role of PG in favour of flashy, shoot a lot of shots, bound to get a reasonable % return style play.
Creating & bringing other players into the game, playing outstanding defence and sacrificing your own stats to lift your team are what our Aussie game style has always done so well.
Sutton is this type of solid player that has the smarts and sense of team to develop and bring it together on the floor at NBL level.

Reply #138638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sutton, Sutton, Sutton!!!

Reply #138649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

e burdon by a mile such a better player

Reply #138653 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Whomever can play their role better in the NBL. The notion that because you play NBL you should dominate the ABL is flat out wrong.Like Burdon's game but Sutton's physicality at the defensive end might just give him the nod at this stage. Who knows though, give Burdon a chance and lets see what he can do at NBL level. Phil?

Reply #138654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eze by a mile.

A competely natural hooper - Sutton looks robotic and doesn't show heaps of natural flair.

Eze has total game.

Reply #138707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

M Ng over the both of them.

Copeland is the worst out of all the above mentioned!

Reply #138720 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

The game has 100's of shooting guards, but few QUALITY points. Sutton is the better point guard.

Reply #138843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#843 you are right! The PG role is slowly fading in favour of shoot at all costs, me,me, me....

Reply #138945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think one of the few postives that came out of last years 36s seasons was sutton making the jump from a development player to a solid point guard for them. No he wont dominate but i dont think the 36s will need that this coming season

Reply #138975 | Report this post

Hoop Dreams  
Years ago

Well Eze has won his second or third player of the week compared to Sutton's none...is this something that could be used as a measuring stick? I would think it would be harder to get this honor playing for North compared to Forestville too

Reply #139035 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wouldn't use it as a measuring stick. Don't think Smyth and Breheny would either.

Reply #139040 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:59 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754