Isaac
Years ago

Boomers beat Italy

DESPITE half the team being hit by a severe virus, Australia produced a courageous perorrmance to beat Italy 75-54 in Jiangmen, China overnight,

Sydney Kings Ian Crosswhite, the worst affected, was unable to play in the tour match, while Oscar Forman, Brad Robbins and coach Brian Goorjian were very ill.

Forward Mark Worthington top-scored for the Boomers with 15 points, while Damien Ryan contributed 13 and rookie sensation Joe Ingles and Daniel Kickert added 11 each.
Read more

Topic #11872 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

are we playing full strength teams over there, or just equivalents to the kind of team weve sent over

Reply #138650 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Equivalents. China would have a reasonable team (but no Yao, Yue or Yi) with Zhizhi being ex-NBA.

None of the other teams would be that comparable with their full sides I don't think. B or C teams IMO.

Reply #138657 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

a croatia based website identified their team as Croatia's B team.

Reply #138674 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

Well i think that the guys are putting in a gutsy effort even though they weren't 100%. I feel sorry for Oscar not being well and then getting injured. He is going to be very frustrated as it says he may not be back on court on tour and it puts his chances on playing in the nznbl semi final on sunday.
I wish them all the luck that they can need.

Reply #138677 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Russel Hinder has something on the Waratah site talking about how much the Boomers side are throwing themselves into this tournament.

The attitude amongst the guys on this tour is very much a 'nothing to lose' one. We are all very aware that we are not the team that is going to tackle the Kiwis in the oceania series in August.

We are also however, brutally aware that while we are wearing the green and gold, we have a responsibility to do everything we can to show the world who's waiting in the wings if the 'firsts' aren't able to play.
Read more: "You can't go wrong with toast....."

Reply #138682 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

isaac is oscar out for the rest of the comp with a hamstring ?

Reply #138725 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think so, yes.

Hoping to recover in time to play in the NZ NBL finals this weekend too.

Reply #138726 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

damn well hope he has a speedy recovery

Reply #138734 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

yeah so do we,
especially since they up against the champions from last year the Hawks.
Isaac if you speak to him again later in the week tell him we thinking of him and hopes he recovers well and we see him on Sunday.

Reply #138804 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:13 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754