TR
Years ago

Recent Bogut Article

Recent article in The Age about Bogut.

Some interesting bits include:

"The public's image of NBA players is true," he says forthrightly. "A lot of them get caught up in the hype and do video clips with rappers and all that crap. They want bling bling all over themselves and drive fast cars. But I think that's just the way the culture is in America  if you've got it, flaunt it and if you don't, you can't."

"The smarter guys don't do that. They like to live a regular life and want to retire and be set up. About 80 per cent of them go broke by the time they retire or come close to it"

"I always wanted to make it in basketball. But then I missed out on the state team and it was turning into a nightmare. I wondered whether it was all worth it and when I was about 16, I wanted to quit & Before that point, my dad had said I could stop if I wanted to. But by that time, he'd realised my potential and wouldn't let me give up. It all went from there."

Here is the link

Topic #11879 | Report this topic

**Balla**  
Years ago

Nooooooooooo TR.

(Mod: What are you even talking about?!)

Reply #138733 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

What the hell does "Nooooooo TR" mean?

Reply #138742 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Ignore it. It's the new Brad

Reply #138765 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:19 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754