digga pete
Years ago

Holmes is falling off

What happen to the break out year hes seems to start off well and as the season goes on gets worst and worst, whats up with that?

Topic #1189 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he's been a big part of their success so far, his shooting has been very poor however. I think his play in general has been very solid.

Reply #13381 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Give him time...what he is not doing Oscar is doing for him so as long as we get the combined input from both of them I think we will be fine.

Reply #13383 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

My assumption is that there is something going on upstairs.

He is a proven scorer in the league and missing some of the shots that he has so far this year has got to make you wonder......

He is solid at the other end of teh court though and is the only poor descions he seems to make is in forcinh his shot.

Reply #13385 | Report this post

Crocodile Rock  
Years ago

No way Jacob has been and will continue to be a major factor in the 36ers fortunes this season.

Just because he hasn't got over 10 pts a game in the last couple of games doesnt mean he is falling off. Maybe the rival teams are taking him more of a serious threat and this is opening for other 36ers to contribute more (ie Forman).

Jacob has been a vacuum on the boards this season and i think people look too much into points. How can some constantly get 20 a game for the 36ers when you have Maher, Farley and Rychart scoring at least 70 out of 100 points a game?

Reply #13387 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

We all agree that his general play is very good, and he knows the offense very well, and matches up well defensively with opponents. But come on, you have to admit he has not played that well in the last couple of weeks. 3 for 15 against the Pigs is not good enough at all, I'm not saying that he isn't allowed to miss shots, that happens to the best of them. But unless you are a pure shooter, who is given the liscene to 'shoot your way out of it', he needs to realse when he's not shooting well, not too force up ill advised shot attempts, that conflict with the team offense.

I think he'll come around though by the end of the season, With Jacob it's all about being more selective with his shot attempts.

As far as the Pigs game goes, thank god that Oscar got himself, a big double double, and 4 blocks. With Holmes really down offensively in that one, Forman's timing was great!

Reply #13418 | Report this post

Hackam Hacker  
Years ago

Its only his shot selection which is a problem and only for a small few games.

Catalini was WAY WORSE
He would fire up shots regardless of wether they were going in.

When Jake isn't shooting well he only needs to take the ones that come his way. Not try and manufacture scores with his back to the basket.

Reply #13522 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:08 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754