KG trade

to phoenix... Minnesota wants Amare and ATL's pick next year. if you were phoenix, would you make this deal?

Topic #11919 | Report this topic

take into account KG earns about double of what stoudemire earns, and the phoenix owner doesn't like paying luxury tax.

Reply #139223 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah even though both are now on max, cause KG is nearer the end of a max, KG will make like $21 mil next season, Amare like $13. So another approx 8 mill salary would have to be included, eg Kurt Thomas.

Would be awesome for Timberwolves, but they may just have their next KG that keeps the team good enough to not make the finals, but not get anymore draft picks. I don't feel Minnesota will ever build a good team with Mchale in charge.

If I was Phoenix, I wouldn't make the deal. You are taking on MORE salary when the owner wants to cut some, and will KG be any better than Amare this season? Maybe, but not much. So I wouldn't make the trade. And Amare could be a monster for the next 10 or so years, KG will have another good 2-3 seasons before a sharp decline.

Reply #139243 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

elg gone to ground over warrior bashings

Reply #139245 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

well thats well and good...but where is Cornsey going?

Reply #139252 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If there are issues of chemistry between Amare and Marion, that could have a significant impact on their decision. I'd be tempted to pull the trigger for short-term gain actually.

Reply #139261 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Not a great move in my opinion, however if they could somehow leave min $8mill of KG's contract with the T-Wolves than it would be a MUCH more attractive offer.

Reply #139280 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

The more pointed question - does Phoenix win the West with KG instead of Amare? I reckon yes.

Reply #139302 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

So do I Libertine, but the question is would Sarver be willing to pony up??

This whole trading has me shrugging my shoulders, I think it's a wash either way.

It's not going to be basketball talent that decides this trade, it's going to be locker room harmony and $$$$.

Reply #139306 | Report this post

I wouldnt make the trade i would ask for minnys pick with amare

Reply #139314 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

That sounds better for the suns IMO, getting a future pick. What pick to Min have at the draft ELG?

Reply #139327 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:27 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754