Andrew
Years ago

Brad Newley

I am from Townsville and have watched Brad Newley play this season. Can he play or what, he is awesome. But what I was wondering is his background? I know that he went to the AIS but where did he play his junior basketball?

Topic #1193 | Report this topic

Boony  
Years ago

Forestville Eagles

Reply #13404 | Report this post

BouncePass  
Years ago

Yeah, thanks for rubbing it in Andrew (regarding how good he is).

Can anyone advise why the club let a player like Brad slip through their fingers?

Reply #13416 | Report this post

Whatever  
Years ago

Brad was always going to be a great NBL player and i dont think Forrestville ever realy had a chance holding on to him.

He has moved interstate a lot and he has family in Queensland so thats why he decided to go to townsville.

Reply #13423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Forestville ever realistically thought that they would hold onto him for their senior teams. The opinions on Brad have always indicated that he was and is going to be a great player. A helluva lot better than what the Central ABL could offer.

Reply #13459 | Report this post

Brad Newley  
Years ago

I knew that townsville would help my career in basketball. thats why i slipped through the hands on of 36ers.... jks

Reply #25043 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Andrew, i played Juniors against Brad through-out and his development (from an oppositions players Point of View) went something like this.

It really has only been in the last three years that Brad has realised his potential. As a junior, he wasn't a great player until top age 18's. As a bottom age, he was just another average guard, but kept growing so by the time he was a top age in u-18's for Eagles, he was around 6'4" Having developed his skills as a guard through 16's and bottom age 18's he became a dangerous 2/3 player and at Nationals as a top age (2002) he starting to show he true potential. From there he progressed through Eagles Seniors and the SA state team, til he got his scholarship at the tut.

Reply #25054 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:29 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754