David Puddy
Years ago

Sam Mackinnon

Here's an exerpt from a web Chat with ESPN Chris Sheridan - he mentions Sam Mackinnon's chances with the Raptors:

Ben, fredericton, Canada: What kind of move do you see Brian Colangelo making? Wouldn't the raps be able to put together a pretty decent package for a lot of veteran players without touching their core? It seems like Calderon, a Mo Pete sign and trade, a pcik and maybe another throw in would be enough to get the job done on a lot of teams. Think there's anyway Ray Allen could be grabbed from the conics?

Chris Sheridan: I think he's operating on a muh smaller scale, \Ben. He'll probably do a sign-and-trade with Mo Peterson, and he's bringing in Austrailian League MVP Sam Mackinnon for a summer league tryout. Keep an eye on Sam. He would have made it to the NBA years ago if not for two major knee injuries.

Topic #11932 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he will get a spot next year and see minutes.

Reply #139448 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

Good Luck Sam Mac...that would be great to see!

Reply #139449 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think he's got a great chance of making it. I wasn't aware he was having a run with the Raptors, I thought it was only the Cavs and Suns.

Reply #139453 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

It was reported up here that he was only trying out for two teams. The media could of got it wrong.

Though they have never made a mistake before........

Reply #139455 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

He is one who will not change for making the NBA. Not so sure about some others. Good luck Sammy.

Reply #139458 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think he can do it and it'd be great to see. Let me join the Go Sam chorus.

Reply #139459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

quote" He would have made it to the NBA years ago if not for two major knee injuries.

How about inconsistent shooting
from 10ft and beyond I have never thought he would make it ever.

Reply #139461 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Peeps forget (or don`t know) how good he was when he was 15-16... Starting and being a major peice of a CBA Champion team (and a Magic bench player)... I`d say if he had come along 10 years later he would have made the NBA easy...

Reply #139495 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Would be awesome to see Sam FINALLY in the NBA where he belongs.

He would be a huge bonus for any NBA team off the bench

Reply #139582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cavs r awsonme
sam is awsome
good fit then

Reply #140949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cavs r awsonme
sam is awsome
good fit then

Reply #140950 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:28 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754