Isaac
Years ago

ABL Round 15 thread

Saw that Woodville got up over Sturt to potentially make the final rounds a bit interesting.

20 and 20 to Pilkington.

Jye Watson: 38 points, 14 rebounds, 8 assists - 16 turnovers has to be some sort of record, but with the rest of his line it's a bit hard to care.

Sugar Shane got his double double.

Mark Bauer has had a couple of good scoring games recently.

Josh Wood 22 and 6 - is that his first game back from college?

Danny Phillips hits 50% of his threes for the third time in 15 games. Just often enough to keep his shooting license?

Chris Clausen 30 and 12 against the Eagles. Good game from Sutton 14, 6 and 10 assists. Oakley 26 and 10, BC hits 30 and Arnold high 20s.

In the early games, Vikki Kelson 23 and 14 in a win over North.

23 and 7 for Jess Foley against Eastern. 22, 8 and 5 (10 turnovers) from Amanda Williams.

23 and 18 from M.Bowley against Woodville (hasn't had a great shooting year, but was 8/12 this game); Marino had 15 and 6 assists, 5 steals. Nixon, 14/8/5. 10 and 9 from Barratt was about it for Woodville who looked to have a shocker from the field - 20.5%.

Southern had 35 turnovers to get beaten by West (without Woosnam?). 24 to Breeding for the Bearcats.

Any notable stats I've missed or reports from those who went to the games?

Topic #11933 | Report this topic

lockstock  
Years ago

Yeah saw the 16 turnovers.. it's hard to fathom how someone could possibly rack up that many.. I remember Stockton getting 12 in the finals v the Bulls, and that was ridiculous.. but 4 more on that. Geez

Reply #139464 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Dusty was awesome at Marion, to get 40 & 19.
No fuss, no bother, just got the job done, depsite Pilkington's 20 & 20.
Very quiet game for last POTW, don't know if Erik was sick or not, but I don't think he played many minutes in the 2nd half, if any.

Reply #139465 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oops, saw Dusty's line and forgot to mention it! Second week in a row Dusty and his likely direct opponent have each controlled the boards like that with 20 (or close) each.

Reply #139474 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

No fuss, no bother, just got the job done. Who Me has summed it up perfectly. Basketball needs more players like Dusty.

Reply #139504 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

You forget Dusty and you'll get an ear bashing from EC......

Reply #139508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West had no Woosnam and no Smith. There goes Southern season if they can't beat South this weekend. They don't have Tracey and the others just aren't getting the job done at this stage.

Reply #139529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

16 turnovers, damn.

Reply #139593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

16 turnovers, ohh it's the end of the world quick lets all post something

Reply #139636 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Where were Smith and Woosnam

Reply #139800 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:28 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754