b to the ball
Years ago

U/18 nationals (girls)

Who is the team to beat this year?
i was thinking nsw country and vic metro have plenty of talent and height. what are your thoughts?

Topic #11940 | Report this topic

follower  
Years ago

wont be SA Country or Metro.....my tip is 8 -10
Vic's are strong as well as Canberra

Reply #139510 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Yes Vic Met won 16's 2 years ago. ACT have improved a lot and have several in National squads. Was talking to WA met coach and he thinks they are a massive chance for medal possibly gold.

Reply #139515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic Metro, are just going to be too tall. 7 players over 6 feet tall are going to be too hard to stop.

SA metro have no tall players and SA country are from i heard are even smaller

SA metro have one of the best defensive players going around and even with her possibly stopping the best of the other team, the other players are going to have a hard time stopping the rest.

Camberra are really not that strong, almost beaten by Norwood and Forestville under 18 teams at the classics, however they have one player who is supposibly very strong

Reply #139520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood player, first year. 'no naming or bashing under 18 players'

Reply #139524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Sniping.)

Reply #139530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic Met were a joke last yr. does anyone know how many players from that team are in this years? love to see them fail again

Reply #139544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic met were dissappointing last year. This years team does look like the team to beat. Although Rosie Moult wont play from what ive heard.

ACT have a solid group, but as posted before, they were not that impressive at classics. One of there better first year guards also not playing.

NSW teams will always be competitive but Metro are missing Gaze and Country are missing Ebzery,so it brings them back to the field a bit.

SAC just lost there staring guard, but i would predict higher than 8-10.

Reply #139547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#139534 - Are you talking about the same person as i am. What fan club are you talking of ive never mentioned this player before. You are talking about the player who has been playing in the aba team at the start of the season and doing by the looks of it quite a good job. Who can play almost any position asked or stop players much larger than her.

If so please point me in the direction the the other posts on her and how you come to the point that she has a fan club. Seeing as i was merely stating that the SA Metro team needs more than one player who can stop the other big girls in other state teams to have much of a chance going anywhere in the tournament.

Reply #139551 | Report this post

thats hell good  
Years ago

VicM are taller than some boys teams haha there gonna win fairly easy especially with gaze missing from NSWM and Ebzery missing from NSWC.
ACT are heaps over rated, i've heard sarah mcappion will be playing in the tournament even though she's been injured

Reply #139554 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Victorians have a super team.
How do people rate Cambage?

Vic Metro

Elizabeth Cambage (Dandenong)

Sam Creed (Eltham)

Stephanie Cumming (AIS/Dandenong)

Rachel Jarry (Dandenong)

Alice Kunek (Eltham)

Elli Lovelace (Nunawading)

Rosie Moult (inj) (Nunawading)

Kellie Palazzolo (Dandenong)

Morgan Pink (Dandenong)

Hope Terdich (Melbourne)

Sarah Yousef (Dandenong)

Reply #139560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cambage is unbeatable if she remains fit. watching her at classics she is running the floor very well and finishing strongly, hard to see anyone being able to stop her at nationals.

Reply #139561 | Report this post

choochoo  
Years ago

..#139563
thats fair harsh, she has a lot of work to do but basketball australia will be making sure that she develops. i reckon she'll have just an ok nationals partly cause VicM is just too strong for anyone to really stand out.

Reply #139565 | Report this post

brawl  
Years ago

i watched the sturt v dandenong and dandenong v nunawading games at classic. sturt only lost by 4 points, and dandenong beat nunawading in the gf. Cambage didn't star in either game and yeah she does seem to be in the key for ever, she also didn't get a lot of court time which is interesting (anon said she was running the floor very well), she's too inconsistent for the higher level. Her team mates, Sarah Yousef and Rachel Jarry easily dominated the Dandenong team.

Reply #139587 | Report this post

6th man  
Years ago

brawl,

I saw the Sturt/Dandenong game and Cambidge was the difference.

Yousef and Polozollo couldn't contain Sturt's main guard and Jarry got beaten badly by STurts main player.

Without Cambidge and Pink, Sturt would have won.

Reply #139613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re message # 139693
I also watched the game sturt vs dandenong and agree sturts main guard dominated this game. Not sure if she is starting guard for nationals?

Reply #139626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched dandenong most of the tournament, the sturt game was an off one for them, they played very well in the quarter, semi and grand final.

Reply #139689 | Report this post

6th man: and if sturt had better players they would have won.

Reply #139696 | Report this post

Amanda Jones  
Years ago

Seems that you have already made up your minds about Cambage and for someone you don't rate you sure spend a lot of time discussing her? what's up with that?

Reply #139755 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Any more discussion (especially negative) of a player under 18 and you will be permanently blocked. Your IP has been recorded.

Reply #139774 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

How will the SA country girls go. Ive heard that they are a short side

Reply #139799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Country have a "raw" 6"5 centre in the U/18 Girls & decent yet not spectacular front court. Awesome scoring potential in the back court & small forward positions.
Experienced coach, should do well.

Reply #139802 | Report this post

cat88  
Years ago

I will say this cambage is an excellent player who keeps improving.. Her reconised status is all that she deserves espicially seeing player like hope terdich who cant play and the only reason she is getting any where is from her annoying kiss ass parents. My top rates are Defently Rachel Jarry,Alice Kunek and Liz Cambage top guns they are.

Reply #208963 | Report this post

cat88  
Years ago

I will say this cambage is an excellent player who keeps improving.. Her reconised status is all that she deserves espicially seeing player like hope terdich who cant play and the only reason she is getting any where is from her annoying kiss ass parents. My top rates are Defently Rachel Jarry,Alice Kunek and Liz Cambage top guns they are.

Reply #208965 | Report this post

daisy  
Years ago

I agree 100% with cat88 . I dont like to bash names but well put. It seems lately that in the basketball industrie its who you know.

Reply #208966 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:44 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754