SVD
Years ago

NH - WWE Star Chris Benoit Died

Not sure if any of you care about wrestling but I was quite a big fan a few years back.

Chris Beniot of WWE was found dead this morning - his wife and son were also found dead in their home.

There has been no extra info released - he was not shot but they suspect homicide is the cause of death.

Very sad, he was a great entertainer - I was a big fan. Big loss.

Topic #11952 | Report this topic

What is up with this?

Always seems that wrestlers have and association with the tragic. Heart, Latino Heat etc etc.

Reply #139645 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Yeah there are a few more - Curt Hennig (Mr Perfect), Rick Rude - I think it is a high stress business + you have to be a bit crazy to be a wrestler in the first place.

Reply #139651 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

More to the story

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

Reply #139652 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Steroids make you more aggresive don't they? Hmmmm

Reply #139664 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

You dont wanna beleive that Benoit killed his famiy but just by the looks of the articles. should be more clear when the autopsy comes back tomorro

Reply #139681 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

suicide is possible... he was best mates with eddie

Reply #139691 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

interesting i was just watching him wrestle the other night
not a huge fan of wrestling but still that is a bit crazy.

Reply #139740 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

He was supposed to wrestle at the "Vengeance" pay per view, but did not turn up for "family reasons" ..... seems like thozse reasons were so he could murder his family

Reply #139769 | Report this post

afroman jnr  
Years ago

has it actually been confirmed that he killed his family? this could just be a set up to make it look like he did

Reply #139788 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

from the abc news

"Pro wrestler Chris Benoit asphyxiated his son and wife, leaving copies of the Bible next to each of their dead bodies, before hanging himself in a basement weight room using a cord from one of the weight machines, law enforcement officials said Tuesday afternoon. Police ruled the deaths a murder-suicide a day after discovering Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, dead in the family's suburban Atlanta home. "We are looking at this case and ruling it as a double..."

Messed up stuff right there

Reply #139791 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Maybe he was set up by the Undertaker...

Makes sense..

Reply #139794 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

There are quite a few articles in relation to this on tmz.com including when the news first broke.

The incident comes on the heels of the shocking death of former WWE wrestler "Sensational" Sherri Martel, and the supposed "assassination" of WWE head honcho Vince McMahon. TMZ has learned that the WWE is scrapping all references to the McMahon death storyline on tonight's episode of "Raw.'

According to the official WWE website, tonight's "Raw" will serve as a tribute to the wrestling great.

Reply #139806 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

The tribute went out last night - it played on the east coast and then references to Benoit killing his wife and daughter started to come and they still playe dit on the west coast.

I dare say the WWE are in a bit of trouble.

I have read a few other things that say that this could be the death of wrestling

Reply #139812 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

Apparently wwe arent sending out the tribute show to international markets but RAW is still schedualed on today so we will se what happens at around 3 oclock

Reply #139826 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

yep cancelled

Reply #139829 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

The confirmation that steroids were found prompted speculation that so-called "roid rage" - fits of uncontrollable anger that affect some steroid abusers - was to blame for the murders.

But World Wrestling Entertainment, the wrestling body for which Benoit appeared, has said it is "stunned and saddened" by such "sensetionalistic speculation".

"Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body," WWE said on its official website.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,21976636-5006343,00.html

Reply #139856 | Report this post

Years ago

I'm shocked and saddened by the news personally.

As a big fan of pro wrestling, and of Benoit's work, I am very suprised such a despicable act was commited by him.

I think the WWE is pretty much going to act like Benoit never existed from now on. They've removed all references to him on their website, and might even consider removing him from future DVD releases.

It's a shame, because he's one of the best in-ring performers there has been, yet all that is erased because of one disgraceful act.

If steroids are found in his system, you know the authorities are going to somehow try to blame Vince McMahon.

The wrestling business does need to take a step back and think about the welfare of the performers. The travel, the time away from family, the injuries etc would all be hard enough, before you'd bring steroids, recreational drugs, painkillers and alcohol into the mix, all of which are a big part of most wrestler's lifestyle.

Supposedly each bump a wrestler takes in the ring is akin to a 20kph car crash. The human body wasn't made for that kind of punishment. Combine that with all the other factors I mentioned before, over a 22-year career like Benoit has had, and it can really take its toll. Not only physically, but mentally as well. His wife and/or child may have caused a minor problem for him, and it just drove him to breaking point. I'm not making excuses for the man, but I can see how it could happen.

That doesn't however excuse what he did. It's definitely shocking and I don't think I'll ever think of Chris Benoit in the same way again.

Reply #139901 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Anyone who could kill their own flesh and blood deserves to go to hell- I hope he gets no tribute if the facts are true that he murdered them both!

Why would you want to pay tribute to a Killer...

Reply #139933 | Report this post

Years ago

The usual replay of RAW on Saturday is now going to be replaced with a show called RAW - Greatest Championships, which might be an interesting watch in itself.

The US media seems so keen to dump this all on steriod use by the way. They're determined to bring down pro wrestling one way or another.

Reply #139969 | Report this post

fiona  
Years ago

Chris Benoit entertained us for many years.. we all loved him and as soon as something happens, that dont mix with our emotions, his 22 yrs of work are all wasted. No-one but chris and wife know what happened.. How can yu all sit an specualte what happened.. I dont think he woke up and just rang and took a sickie from work, and decided to knock off his family.. He loved his wife, and he l;oved his son.. All I can say, it's obvious things led up to what happened.. I can see chris feeling like he cant leave his son with no mum, and knowing he was going to kill himself too, the kid wouuld have had no-one and a terrible life, probably filled with drug addiction thru trying to cope.. Plz dont ruin 22 years of someone we loved in 1 weekend.. Yes, he did the wrong thing, but did yu see him when he was doing it. was he crying hysterically over the bodies, but didn't know a way out. Maybe he did the wife, and ended up doing what he did, so as they were all together.. Something makes me think something bad happened for him to go to that length. Think about it ok. dont just say oh "Roid rage".. No-one will ever know the real truth, so stop speculating.. He was my hero in the ring, and I know something terrible must have went down to do what he did with the ones he loved so much.. grow up people. Was yu there???NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. . It's not something yu decide to do after breakfast alright. i just cant imagine how torn he must have felt to carry out what he did.. His child felt nothing.. He was fast asleep, and chris made sure of that. He would not have even woken up. That is the nature of the drug.. The wife,, well I dont know bout her, but he loved his boy, so only one person knows the real answer, and he wont be talkin.. just love him for what he gave yu for all those years, not what he did in one day. we all muck up.. Fiona

Reply #194635 | Report this post

Spicey  
Years ago

You're a nut bag Fiona!

He murdered his wife and child. Who cares what he did in the ring, he killed 2 people (well 3 including himself).

Reply #194637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wish his mum and dad and friends and family all the best.

Reply #209033 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:59 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754