ANON12
Years ago

Tall Black Coup: Bullets sign Bradshaw

Tall Black coup for Bullets

June 26, 2007 BRISBANE Bullets have filled its roster to defend the National Basketball League title, signing highly-regarded young New Zealand Tall Blacks centre Craig Bradshaw.

The Bullets got under the guard of the New Zealand Breakers, which had been confident of signing the 23-year-old, who made a big impact in the United States with Winthrop University.

Bradshaw, 2.10m, is very athletic and an excellent repalcement for veteran centre Mark Bradtke, who retired after last season's title win.

He averaged 13.5 points and 6.3 rebounds per-game as Winthrop University team dropped only five of its 34 matches, closing out the season with a 19-game winning streak.

Wellington-born Bradshaw played for New Zealand at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.

Topic #11953 | Report this topic

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Does he have an NBA/Euro out clause??? If not he must be getting paid big $$$ and/or be getting bad advice... By all accounts he is borderline NBA 11th-12th man man/meaningful Euro contributor...

Reply #139650 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would have both out clauses and have received a good offer from both clubs IMO.

Any guesses as to his output in our NBL?

Reply #139663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

open the market cos i need to unload on the bullets for the championship.

Reply #139704 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And if SMac gets his NBA spot, they'd need to replace the league MVP. Say they had $300-350k to spend, but no import spots - what then?

Bradshaw is a real unknown at this level IMO. I'm guessing 15 and 8.

Reply #139715 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

Bradshaw will DO very well in the NBL i have no doubt..The thing i am most dissappointed about is that the Breakers offered much more money..Shows his dedication towards NZ Basketball!!

Reply #139736 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

he must of wanted to be paid in dollars not sheep

Reply #139757 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Worst joke in forum history...

Reply #139764 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Goes to show that money is not always the deciding factor.

Reply #139777 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, he took the easy option of joining the reigning champs instead of the pride and hard work of going to his home country team and putting in the effort to help them out.

I think a lot of Kiwis could be fairly unimpressed with his choice to be honest.

Reply #139779 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Very good signing. This gut can play. Last time we played NZ he was one of the main threats.

Reply #139786 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

That is right Isaac, it would have been nice for him to come and play for his home team but i guess he didn't think it was right for him. I just hope that the breakers can find some more talent to add to the ones we already have such as oscar, tim, brent, mika, paul, tony and ryan.

Reply #139846 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Maybe get a new bus to get Tony's ass in as well....

Reply #139854 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:01 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754