Anonymous
Years ago

umpires

The best umpires going around at the moment?

Topic #1198 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think

Daniel Haebic
Michael Young (not umpiring)
Wayne Maidment
Daniel Troy
Nathan Wieland

they are my top 5

Reply #13473 | Report this post

biasbinding  
Years ago

geoff weeks
carolyn t
phil haines
andrew filmer
nathan wieland

Reply #13474 | Report this post

simon cottrell  
Years ago

Daniel Haebic! are you his brother or something? he is not top five material in aba, maybe in u/10's but not aba.

Reply #13492 | Report this post

anotheranon  
Years ago

maybe haebich and jirachi are related?

Reply #13504 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Ranking referee's is way too hard. All have bad games, all have good games, all get easy games, all get hard games.

Most consistently good referee - Phil Haines, Nathan Wieland, Nathan Durant

Reply #13543 | Report this post

Jirachi's mummy  
Years ago

The very best umpire in the whole world would have to be my Jirachi. Jirachi was a wonderfull child growing up, all a mother could ask for. Now he knows everything and is the best at everything.
So I vote number 1 Jirachi.
Ps if you are reading this Jirachi please come home, Mummy misses you xxx

Reply #13562 | Report this post

Chris DeBurgh  
Years ago

i can't believe you guys haven't put welbourne up there in the top 5. from what i heard did a top job with the malaysian v mt barker game last friday.
had him a few times in aba last year and did a good job everytime.
also i would put wayne maidment and the 2 nathan's up there too.

Reply #13581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who would be the highest ranked reff (by BASSA) in South Australia?
not the best but the highest ranked.

Reply #13587 | Report this post

biasbinding  
Years ago

you talking including all refs
cause i think you will find it is
geoff weeks by a country mile

Reply #13589 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

Of what I have seen these would be my top 5.
Nathan Wieland
Nathan Durant
Paul Welbourn
Daniel Hughes
Wayne Maidment
They all respect the players and give them answers to there questions to help the game flow

Reply #13648 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

What a load of rubbish. When has Daniel Hughes ever let a game go on for my than 5 seconds without calling a foul! Daniel Hughes would be in my bottom five of all time (that includes church bball) oh yeah and he is bias. Now i no all you umpires will have a hissy fit at this post but if people can say how good they all are surely i can have my opinion

Reply #13668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know what. When I had my first experience with basketball 7 or so years ago I had real trouble with umpires. As I learnt more about the game and forced myself to learn rules and ask questions the umpires seem to have got better at the same time. Surprise, surprise. Now granted, some umpires are better than others but is all our complaining founded upon our own ignorance?

Reply #13670 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

No umpires perfect but bias is inexcusable

Reply #13672 | Report this post

Daniel Hughes  
Years ago

Oh well guess I can't please everyone.

Reply #13673 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Wayne, Phil, Nathan W and Tristan to a lesser extent, all refs that communicate with players. Carolyn and Weeks are arogant pricks that think they are too good to be reffing ABA and simply don't want to be out there.

Reply #13676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But you dislike them all don't you?

Panther those kind of comments do nothing but make you and your club look worse, not that your club needs any help when it comes to behaviour towards refs.

Reply #13691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is this Panther and what club does he/she play for?

(Mod: This is up only for the individual themself to reveal at their discretion. Even if use of an alias is commonly known, please avoid naming people unless they have done so themselves.)

Reply #13692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther didn't you get ejected from the stadium last night? was that the umpires fault?

Reply #13694 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Read South pluck Eagles feathers and you might get an idea. I'm happy to wear the foul I gave away, which was my 5th so in the end it didn't really matter did it?
Yes your right I do dislike them all, on the court. If you ask most these guys they would dislike me on the court too but I catch up with most of them after the game and theirs no hard feelings. These four guys do there trade better than anyone else in our comp, I didn't say I liked them!

Reply #13695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im not sure they'd think the same of you off the court after what you've posted on here. And to say you don't like them but you catch up with most of them after the game, well I'm sure their probably just pretending right back at ya.

Reply #13697 | Report this post

neil  
Years ago

please stop babbling crap mr anonymous you are even starting to annoy us referees.

Reply #13716 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Read the post anonymous, I said I don't like them on the court and i'm sure they don't like me, but off the court it's a different story. Some of these guys i'm talking about are good mates of mine. This is why i have no problem supporting them when they are trying to develop their training. I don't know what your trying to start here.

Reply #13717 | Report this post

Nathan Wieland  
Years ago

Ratings/rankings are produced by our Referee Coaches.

Some people get white-line fever, Panther is one of them. Great guy off the court and someone to not let out of your vision on the court. He knows what he needs to do for his team and he goes to work, I know what he does for his team and I make sure he does it inside the rules. We each have a job to do for the game.

Reply #13725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ratings/rankings are produced by our Referee Coaches, and never seen or spoken of again.

Reply #13732 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Exactly. No one likes the police when they get a speeding ticket, but they are just doing they're job.

Reply #13737 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I feel sorry for Tristan, he's a cop and an umpire, where does that leave him in my book!

Reply #13738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther try complaining to a cop the way you do to a ref when caught breaking the rules/law. See what happens. And you guys think a T is harsh!

Reply #13744 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Your an idiot. It's a tad obvious in the difference of authority levels here anonymous.

Reply #13751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel nah u cant please Everyone but i think u are a good umpire... u did a good job of the Sturt Mavs game tonight see ya friday night

Reply #14487 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:02 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754