Coady
Years ago

Dome Upgrade

Does Any one know what upgardes are being done at the dome, and what sort of entertainment they have lined up for game nights? Was reading that potsie was in the us with newls watching how the wnba do game night presentation

Topic #11983 | Report this topic

brucebeck  
Years ago

Vide woodville warriors-men

Reply #139907 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

I heard they were going to install a stack of plasma screens - i don't know exactly where, when i asked i was told i'll have to wait and see

Reply #139915 | Report this post

max  
Years ago

So fans will be able to watch the latest on tv, instead of leaving the game early when the sixers are getting thrashed !!

Reply #139917 | Report this post

Mute Mal  
Years ago

Reply #139926 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This went out today.

Good Afternoon,

While preparations, planning and even some demolition has been taking place for some time now, renovations to the Distinctive Homes Dome officially begins on Monday July 2nd 2007.

The Main Stadium will be closed for business from this time and not be available for use until Monday August 6. The Administration offices will remain open during this time.

The Distinctive Homes Dome will however host a clash of Netball Heavyweights Australia and New Zealand on Tuesday July 24 which will be the final game of a three match series between the number one and two ranked sides in the world.

It is expected that renovation works will continue up to and even after the 36ers first home game at the Distinctive Homes Dome on September 21 against the Wollongong Hawks.

The Distinctive Homes Dome's three basketball courts annually receive some attention at this time of year but in 2007 the playing surface will receive a complete facelift with damaged boards being repaired, court lines being remarked and the main court will receive a new look in time for the 2007/08 NBL Season.

All long time users of the venue were sent an excel file asking for information regarding each groups usage of the venue for the rest of 2007 and I would ask anyone who is yet to return this file (filled out with your needs) to please do so as soon as possible.

The upcoming NBL and WNBL seasons look promising for both the Adelaide 36ers and the Adelaide Lightning and the Distinctive Homes Dome will be the place to be for all of the action.

Reply #139935 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hopefully they don't get the same company that resurfaced Pasadena to do the dome!!!

Reply #139951 | Report this post

afroman jnr  
Years ago

why would you say that? the pasadena floor is a great surface to play on

Reply #139960 | Report this post

intheknow  
Years ago

id also like to know what is wrong with the playing surface at pasadena, you definatly cant be a sturt player. ive heard nothing but good reports from the club and its players , maybe you lost ur last game there and now ur making excuses

Reply #139977 | Report this post

intheknow  
Years ago

and yes the same company is doing the dome

Reply #139978 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754