Lev Makaev
Years ago

U18s boys

I havnt seen much about the 18s in any of the local, so whats peoples view on 18 d1s and d2s for guys?
Who are the strong teams for both divs aswell as the strong and promising players?
Try not to talk yourself up.. Comment on both divs if you can. Thankyou

Topic #1200 | Report this topic

delicatesen  
Years ago

1. West
2.Southern
3.Forsetville
4.Woodville
5.Norwood

I think that this is the best ladder for 18 ones. This year will be very competitive.

Reply #13594 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

I thought sturt would have taken norwoods place, but i heard a rumour they arnt having their country players play summer. So for summer i would have to go with
1. West
2. Forrestville
3. Woodville
4. Southern
5. Norwood

What about 18 2s?

Reply #13619 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

what has happened to sturt?? they have dominated for so long, wont they do well even without dodman??

Reply #13624 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic.  
Years ago

Norwood have beaten Forestville and southern and lost to Woodville by 3. Think they might be better than people think. Solid team with a good coach

Reply #13625 | Report this post

Mwah ha ha  
Years ago

In the 18'2 sturt and forestville will be strong contenders but southern will also be hangin round losing 2 close games. which they should have 1

1.Sturt
2.Forestville 1
3.Southern
4.Forestville 2

Reply #13671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Norwood or North?

Reply #13674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not sturt

Reply #13712 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

I dont think north will make the top 4 for summer, the will be borderline for 4th/5th. They have serious potential in that team but for some reason doesnt click.
I havnt seen norwood play yet but judging by the ladder they are doing alright. Being all their first years are div 1 i can't think of who is two's. My guess is 16 s2 and 183s from last season?
Woodville and west are not doing as well as they should be. Especially woodville for the talent that team has aswell. Very similar to North.
Sturt are by far the best team, however it is a VERY even competition. My thoughts for Div 2 are -
1. Sturt
2. Forestville 1
3. Forestville 2
4. Southern Tigers
5. North

However the winter season will be a different story. Other peoples views?

Reply #13715 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

My thoughts, having seen every team in the division play except Southern:

Sturt and Forestville 1 are ahead of the others: Sturt have quality bigs and smalls, Forestville has a good mix and a smart coach, and the best player in the league.

Norwood 1 and North are about 10/15 behind them - both teams have undoubted potential and a good mix of age groups, they could push Forestville 1 and Sturt later on.

Forestville 2, Southern, West, Woodville are just under the level of these two - but could push them.

Eastern, Centrals, South, Norwood 2 not much chance.

If North and Norwood win this week in the tight game (v Sturt and v Southern) there will be 5 teams with a 5-1 record.....amazing!

Sturt
Forestville 1
North
Norwood 1
Forestville 2

They would be the only teams capable of making the 4 bar upsets.

Reply #13770 | Report this post

da schizzle  
Years ago

who is the best player in u18div2-1 for f/ville libertine?

Reply #13778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh who does forestville have thats the best?

Reply #13779 | Report this post

Slap Nuts  
Years ago

Libertine - Some of these predictions seem a little inconsistent with the results on SportingPulse. Norwood (1) & North are both 10-15 points worse than F'Ville (1) & Sturt, but North beat Norwood (1) by 20 and F'Ville (1) beat North by 22?

The rest seems to take care of itself, but it is only 5 rounds into the season. Some teams have had 'softer' draws than others. I would suggest (going by results on Sportingpulse) that Sturt & F'Ville (1) will make the finals, and the other two spots will come down to who can pull out wins against each other. It would seem that North, Norwood (1) & F'Ville (2) have the inside running at the moment, over Tigers & West. The games between those 5 teams will determine who makes it and who doesn't.

Da Schizzle - no naming of U18 kids on the forum mate. Draw your own conclusions.

Reply #13785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

libertine, times have changed. sturt has players rotating. as does forestville, their best player (if he is who you are talknig about) has now gone to div 1, he killed north single handedly. so sturt and north might not be up there!

Reply #13788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt and forestville might not be up there sorry!

the final might be between north and sturt me thinks

Reply #13789 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Slap Nuts -

I understand, but from what I saw in those games - Norwood were in it against North until the last quarter where fast breaks killed them; North the next week were a shadow of the team that they were, Forestville burning them inside where Norwood couldn't, killing them infact.

I'd say both margins were freaks but the results were probably correct.

It's interesting to note that those 4 teams all have an abundance of first year players...what IS it about the 88 group?!

You others -

I don't think that swapping an U16 SA Metro player for an U16 SA Country starter is going to severly hamper Sturt's premiership push.

You're right too, Forestville's team is at what they call their 'weakest', yet their second team is 4-1, with a genuine crack at the top 4. Go figure.

Reply #13793 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Likewise, I think the U18 division 1 comp will be VERY even at the top end. Alot of very close games going either way, Forestville had two 1pt losses in a row, Norwood 2 1pt wins in a row. EVERY team has lost at least 1 game. It will be interesting to see what effect the first years in every team do, there seem to be alot of quality bottom age kids playing in all of the top teams. They will be the make/break factor in this division, I feel.

Reply #13795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh the 18s 1's comp will be very close

its out of
west
forestville
north
norwood

in no particular order

with div 2's
sturt
north
forestville (depends on their lineup)
norwood

Reply #13798 | Report this post

meh  
Years ago

hhahaha for 2's forrestville to win by far.

When Sturt played forrestville and beat them by one,they only won on the end of the game after fvill had a 15 point lead and they were missing a player is is averageing 24 points a game.

Forrestville have yet to be challenged at full strength...

Reply #13828 | Report this post

gimp  
Years ago

how about a number of the best player in fville 2s then?

Reply #13830 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

24 points avgd..... I would love to hear who this is.

Reply #13831 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

That's interesting, considering that player hasn't hit more than 22pts in a single game this season, and that came int he last one, a 34 pt demolition.

Forestville 1 is at their 'weakest' atm, I feel, with the rotation going around. Now they're probably 'ripe' for the picking, but they've already played sturt/north.

Reply #13838 | Report this post

da schizzle  
Years ago

pfft sturt are not good - was a fluke

Reply #13844 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Sturt has had convincing wins the last few backs, from what I saw of the game it was no fluke!

Reply #13850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

libertine do you think they will beat sturt or north with a couple of their star players missing?

Reply #13860 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Who will beat Sturt or North with star players missing? Forestville 1??

I think Forestville 1 are better then North, North were unconvincing on Friday, Forestville 1 has ALREADY smashed them. A single player does not maketh a team: someone has to pass him the ball from the baseline!

Reply #13861 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

lol, I'm not even going there. You disappoint me anon!

Reply #13866 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

when we play sturt next we will see what happens... enough said.

Reply #13877 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

Yeh, Libertine could I have your e-mail please? MSN preferred. Cheers.

Reply #13883 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

Woodville U18 D1 had a win over Southern Tigers last night, and a win to Bearcats over centrals.

Woddville div 2s had a win to Mavericks.

Any other results

Reply #14072 | Report this post

Years ago

north beat eastern by six

Reply #14075 | Report this post

selfie  
Years ago

forestville 1 beat west by 24 or so. Played bad 1st half - but lite em up in the 2nd.

Reply #14109 | Report this post

selfie  
Years ago

hye boony wats ur msn email?

Reply #14115 | Report this post

man  
Years ago

Yes i think that the woodville and southern game was very good, the lead changed about 10 times i reckon, with tigers getting the biggest lead of the game, but they could not hold on god knows how

Reply #14131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Other forestville team clawed back and beat south by 1, they seem to enjoy close games.

Reply #14165 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

Reply #14169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

soo, any good games coming up or any results?

Reply #15268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood 18 div 1 boys are top of the ladder, i never would have thought this would be the case

Reply #15269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any results of friday night games?

Reply #15433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers under 18 div 2 boys didnt get to play as there game got cancelled!!! bugga!!!

Reply #15455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

F/ville 1 (div2) beat Norward 1 by 22 after they beat the other f/vilel team by 30 last week.

Reply #15508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any highlights from the weekend?
div 1 or 2

Reply #15560 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

well i wouldnt really say a highlight but more results: West beat Woodville U18d2 by 21 points.

Reply #15604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear Shannon from F/ville took Phil Brown to school. 2 Massive dunks for him aswell? they would have to be highlights!

Reply #15678 | Report this post

Dexter St. Jock  
Years ago

Heard tonight that Woodville has lost their 18 Div2 coach? Is this true?

Reply #15679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anything INTERESTING from div 1?

Reply #15682 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

Dexter St. Jock - that statement is true. Unfortunatly the boys are having a tough season, hopefully they can pick up their game and start playing better basketball. No idea who the new coach will be.

Reply #15767 | Report this post

Loti  
Years ago

Shannon is awesome mate!

Reply #15776 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i heard that the coach from last year was interested, but is waiting for a call from the club. he was feeling a bit used by the club at the end of the season after winning the title last year.

So if anyone from the club reads this, tell barb etc in the office to give last years coach a call and you may find your coach

P.S. im not the coach!

Reply #15787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

under 18s div 2 are in kind of a slant at the moment. they have great talent they just need to gel as a team. I wonder if their new coach will have an impact in their winter season.

Reply #15871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville under 18s div 2 i mean

Reply #15872 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

yes, but who is the new coach??

Reply #15886 | Report this post

take no luck  
Years ago

take luck bar u

dont talk about the coach like that he struggles..

Reply #16007 | Report this post

simba  
Years ago

south div 2's drew to norwood 2.2s 50-50

south's 1's and 2's have been decimated by injuries this season but should be a lot stronger in winter.

Reply #16022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

under 18s div 2 woodivlle beat southern 48-40. woodville were destroying them most of the game and were up by more than 20 at some stages. Their coach wasnt even there, they had a players dad coach them and he did an excellent job. IF woodville played like this through out the winter season they will be finals contenders.

Reply #16031 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

maybe be woodville's problem was the coach??

Reply #16042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any other results for under 18s div 2??

Reply #16061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

f/ville 1 handed f/ville 2 a smashing defeat, fville 1 victors by 30points

Reply #16082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

div 1 southern drew with north 47 each good game

Reply #16083 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

f/ville 1 are a 30 point better team then f/ville 2?!!?!?!
i thought f/ville were a pretty strong team. Dam.
I think we will see a turn around for the woodville 18 2s team. South 2s are looking better now aswell. Not sure of how all the others are going. Very even competition though

Reply #16084 | Report this post

simba  
Years ago

A some-what depleted Sturt team were about 18 up against West at 3/4 time

Reply #16113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fville 2 are a pretty strong team for a 2nd div 2 side they just got smashed in the 2nd half

Reply #16118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

west div 1 beat south by 20, played crap but mol sent it home on an unkown player. dance gav dance

Reply #16123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

forestville smashed centrals by 51

Reply #16129 | Report this post

man  
Years ago

Yeah north and southern good game. I would of liked to see the block on the south player though

Reply #16138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood boys dropped mavs by 60

Reply #16176 | Report this post

#sHoRtY#  
Years ago

ok...

Reply #16203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"ok..."

.....good on ya

Reply #16211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

saw the buzzer beater in north vs southern that almost dropped an impressive game. Escpecially 2nd half

Reply #16311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go brett whoooo yeah

Reply #16340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brett played extremely well another couple of good performances from other players on his team. Southern played a good all round team game all of them played well.

Reply #16459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brett has a game that reminds me of an out of tune nursery rhyme. IE he never hits a beat.

Reply #16615 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

if ya gona say shit bout brett, have the balls not to be anonymous. brett's a gun

Reply #16649 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

sorry to change the subject of this brett guy, im interested to see how many teams r still training over xmas?!?! Our team has been given a huge break but i know a couple who havnt. Thats pretty unfair on players being it is the SUMMER season, why not enjoy the break?

Reply #16764 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

some teams want to get back into the swing of things before other teams. teams that want to succeed would do the same.

Reply #16776 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

But its the summer season?! i mean half the teams in the comp dont care about the summer season. Because its about adjusting players to teams and rotating and getting used to everything. Players should be able to enjoy the break because they dont have another one like this for a long time. There has been 9 games, plus 2 more to come and then include all the trainings we've had during season and pre season. Anyways you all heard of the nets and toronto trade. Vince carter to the nets ohhhhhhh yea :)

Reply #17010 | Report this post

rob  
Years ago

half the comp dont care lol. the bottom half.

Reply #17097 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

some players dont want their form to slip over the break so they do fitness and stuff like that so they dont fall behind when they get back.

Reply #17102 | Report this post

just me  
Years ago

mavs have a kid playing div 2 well he is the team i think his name is trevor people call him kostya zu(spelt wrong no dout) can any tell me why he isn't in there div 1 team,he is a very good player and tears it up in 2's

Reply #18243 | Report this post

Mr Happy  
Years ago

i dont think ur right bout that 1 cause when we played mavs they didnt look like they had a kid like that only a country boy who was like their team and divy 1 is alot harder than 2's.

Reply #18483 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

bad luck Lev Makaev about those nets of urs.... jefferson out for the rest of the season. he has been their best player all season.

Reply #18534 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

haha yep were skrewed:)

Reply #18651 | Report this post

prime  
Years ago

Boys

1's forestville defeated norwood by 13....

2's forestville defeated sturt by 6....

ahhh its funny how these predictions turn out....

domination by forestville.

18 1s and 18 2 girls for forestville also won i think...

Reply #23946 | Report this post

sacktap sam  
Years ago

errrr...hi guyth!!!! im new on thith thite!! i like bathketball! well actually jutht the ba........anyway! i think that woodville will be a very thtrong team thith year, u huh but good luck to all the teamth....th

Reply #24162 | Report this post

mathias jade  
Years ago

having a hard time getting an 's' out sam?

Reply #24166 | Report this post

mathias jade  
Years ago

any results from the weekend? i know woodville u18 div 2 boys got over centrals by 10ish any others?

Reply #24344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

better fville beat worse sturt by 35
better sturt beat worse fville by 40-50 i think.

It was on opposite courts at the same time so it was a laugh.

Reply #24717 | Report this post

mathias jade  
Years ago

Id have to say the standards have lifted already this season, a different outcome as far as the 2's are concerned. Suprised to see some of the results from the first game. Keep posting results up here

Reply #25565 | Report this post

Mr Unhappy  
Years ago

What are your thoughts on the new player from darwin playing for sturt?

Reply #26831 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

playing for sturt... i thought it was forrestville?

Reply #26875 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

john plays for forestville... he's a champ

Reply #27028 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

he is indeed. Got a nice block sunday night against Darebin that they called a foul, i was almost in tears it was huge.

Reply #27034 | Report this post

'the small dmac'  
Years ago

how are all the country boys doing this season in div 1. is there much potential there, or are they just wasting there time making the trip?

Reply #27180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's everyone's call for 18B 2's this season?? For me, forestville 1, i reckon are going to dominate.. probably followed closely by sturt 1... dark horses are probably norwood and southern.. what;s your call?? Any stand out players?? Oh yea, and looks like norwood has a new coach.. saw him in the easter carnival. They look as if they've improved a lot.. should be a good season for them

Reply #27186 | Report this post

gimp  
Years ago

fville 1 just beat norwood convincingly by 25ish. my tip for the top 4 is sturt 1 fville 1 north and southern.

norwood arent that good and south are another team to watch

Reply #27195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea.. i saw that game between norwood and f/ville 1 aswell... it was dead even at half time though.. never no.. i reckon theyr gonna be a bit of a surprise..
South are going to struggle.. they won't make finals

Reply #27202 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

West and woodville will have a big season, the teams will be alot closer this season, wont see as many 25 - 30 point wins to sturt and forrestville i can assure u

Reply #27308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you all think about Tom Huxford? He played in the better team for easter canival, do you reakon he should be div 1 or 2 for winter?

Reply #27313 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

who the shaiza is he?

Reply #27360 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

neone see that block at the end of the woodville vs melbourne tigers 18b 1 game on sat night????? i think it was called a foul....i was on the other court and missed it.......did neone see wat happened......i thought this wud b a good topic to ask.

cheers

Reply #27384 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

which team did the block?!

Reply #27506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it was a woodville guy blocking a melbourne guy

Reply #27544 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

have you got a number?

Reply #27623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chris mockford blocked him. It was HUGE!!! the melbourne guy was looks lyk he woz about 2 cry.

Reply #27693 | Report this post

Googily  
Years ago

DJ Mbenga for ROY - absolute legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #27709 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

.....wat the hell?

Reply #27711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

forestvile div 2 1's are good. but they r full of themselves. did anyone c their game agasinst the other div 2 forestville team

Reply #27858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

theyre bloody awesome!

Reply #27870 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

dam right they are.

Out of all the teams ive seen i dont reckon Forestville div 2 1 team should be full of themselves. I honestly think the second team is much harder working and honest. They are full of themselves but so are many other teams.

Might of been a bad week of seeing forestville 1 but i dont think they should have finished top. Sturt should have won it and forestville 2 should have done better against the 1 team

Reply #27975 | Report this post

gimp  
Years ago

hahaha statue of liberty, that is a rediculous comment. If you happened to watch the grandfinal played between forrestville and sturt you would have seen a sturt side that was thouroughly outplayed and struggled to keep up with tehir opponents. The lead was blown out to 20 at one stage. To state that they deserved to win is ignorant. Forestville are constantly rated behind sturt and yet they prove themselves in a gf and still they dont get the credit they rae meant to. Sturt started off the winter season in a much beter fashion the fville did but htey had somehting to prove, fville didnt. Now as the season develops, sturt struggled to knowck of west and ended up beating them by 1 point.

Forestville earned the right to be favourites, sturt crumbled... face the facts.

Reply #28030 | Report this post

The season has only just begun!

Reply #28033 | Report this post

hahahaha  
Years ago

kate jarrad is a good basketball player lol

Reply #28069 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

i hear ya gimp. Just saying my thoughts.

From what i have heard south have stepped up, west have stepped up, and woodville has almost stepped up. Finals spots are not going to be easy to grab this season

Reply #28162 | Report this post

dont know  
Years ago

the thing is with the sturt vs forest grand final is its summer it may have been a grand final clap clap but here come the real test os state champs and winter gf dw sturt have improved alot with the team gaining alot of heart and with only 1 player out atm dure to ankle and 1 more just com eback due to ankle and still not sure if NT player will be playing for div 2 or div 1 we will see.

Reply #28285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt all round the club has started to crumble...............the good old days when sturt beat everbody is over

Reply #28296 | Report this post

dont know  
Years ago

hold on did you just say sturt is starting to crumble omg u cant be series our juniors r stronger than ever didnt any1 notice when the u14 boys were 2nd years they beat the 2nd to top sides by 40-50 and now in u16 r still beating most 2nd year sides or pushing them and also girls r doing well and we have a strong commitee ran by good hard working people if anything we are one of the top 3 clubs for being so consistant ova the years.

Reply #28405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no what i am saying is that the total dominance of the club is starting to slowly slip away. It is great if the teams only loose one or two games for the season but in the finials its another story. Our teams are not winning finals when they should be. In div one for the summer season as far as i can remember the only team to WIN their grand final was the u16 boys and U12 girls, everone else failed. Sturt is still a strong club but not as strong as it used to be

Reply #28621 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

i agree, but i tell you what sturt is better then most clubs! Think of how many had about 5 teams in the finals!

Reply #28661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, but the top level coaches had expected more teams to make finials and most of them to win them. It is about time that the coaches Realise that there teams won't be so stong any more

Reply #28771 | Report this post

really  
Years ago

you should re check those stats alot more sturt teams made SUMMER semis and grand finals and did every1 forget the nickname for summer season "silly" season teams still getting sorted and not much structure has yet to b establishd due to many rotations.

Reply #28803 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

another good point silly season, theres a number of teams that dont even try for that. Rotating players and positions constantly to get the team right for main season and state champs.

Anyways some results for tonight

U18B div 1 Woodville lost to sturt by 19

U18B div 2 Woodville beat forestville 2 by one point

and for the hell of it u20B div 1 woodville beat sturt by 40ish

Post results here guys

Reply #28874 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

forrestville played mavs with starting center out injured and still one by 80ish...

Reply #29058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is happening with the under 18 div 1 boys at north.

Reply #29077 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

all i can say is oh my dear lord to np. Is this for div 1 or 2?

And annonymous what are you referring to in particular?

I was shocked to see Gary in div 2 last season, he was a big part of the 1's success a year ago.

Reply #29087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gary hasnt got what it takes to be in the div 1 side

Reply #29286 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

I find that really hard to believe being a state player and having SASI experience

anyways this shouldnt be direct at a player, how is the north team going in general this season?

Reply #29328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brett collins has to do everything for them, lol he seriously has absolutely no help

Reply #29333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brett does alot with some help from cheif. who is statue of liberty? obviously has no idea what he's on bout

Reply #29438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brett is not the whole team there are other players and yes you are right about cheif he has no idea but still in the state squad what a joke

Reply #29563 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

no idea, ive only played with all the guys before and know them all well.

Reply #29586 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

'I find that really hard to believe being a state player and having SASI experience'

that quote i made was reffering to Gary not myself

Reply #29587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lets get this whole sturt thing not being dominate this season soughted out once and for all. reason 1 - the boys just aint showing the heart the used to, some just play because they like to know, not to become the best in the state. 2 - coach change, new coach is nothin like their old coach, he is passive and from what i have seen hasn't been able to realise whos playing well at times (favouring certain players, etc). 3 - new player comes in and no idea how to play down here. 4 - jordan no longer dominate (if you saw him against West then you would know what i mean) and finally they just dont seem to want to win and dont utilise the whole team. if they played with the heart they did last year, then i assure you they would be top without a doubt.

Reply #29773 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

it was div 2 that fville beat mavs. i think it was 110ish to 15ish

Reply #29784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

div 1 is sturt, forestville,west and southern...the other teams are way off..div 2 is forestville fo shiz, but sturt is strong.

Reply #30155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actally in 18s boys div one southern is on top they have not lost a game yet, they beat the second team on the ladder by 18 points, they will probably be one or two in the state champs

Reply #30168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

back to north saw them play centrals great team effort actually to say brett does everything is just not true. But he is a great player why he is not still in state I don't know

Reply #30220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well brett should be in state still but why is sam still there he is a statue on the court everyone does the hard work while he gets the ball passed to him

Reply #30416 | Report this post

atso  
Years ago

Did you hear that forestville 2 (u182) lost 56-38 to a div3 Sturt team.Also the Norwood team that used to be in div2 lost to North1 by 20 points. What a shame are they goin to finish near the bottom i think they should lift their game this season they are making the div3 teams look like professionals.

Reply #31431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

div 1 boys from south beet north by a point nearly on the buzzer, great game to watch and all the south boys played great they deserved that win. GO SOUTH

Reply #43670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That will be there last win for a while i say

Reply #44047 | Report this post

dolphin  
Years ago

why is someone posting about U18s in the school heading (if you want to call it that) post under the appropriate heading...school should be about school ball, not club 18s.

Reply #44116 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It all gets lumped into together. Think of it as "school age" rather than just school.

Reply #44118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to say north vs south was a great game is rubbish. South did very well! But by no means was it a great game or pretty to watch it was extremely scrappy and u could tell it was first game after a break

Reply #44157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north and south game was not a good game umpiring was rubbish it was a very scrappy game and north should have won it

Reply #44219 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:12 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754