Anonymous
Years ago

Standard of court announcers

how has the standard of court announcing been this season? are they an integral part of the club? is anybody actually listening? what is everyones thoughts?

(Mod: Please, no mentions of J.L. or he'll call me again.)

Topic #12006 | Report this topic

ITA  
Years ago

yeah which one will win the championship?

:P

Reply #140190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As basketball is a business, its important that the courtside announcer be good, this helps the overall product. There have been some great announcers over the last few years, there was a really good one at ballarat a few years ago, also the Geelong and Mt Gambier (although he could be rude sometimes to players)I think the NBL has some really good announcers except for the DRAGONS, Glen Manton SUCKS.......

Reply #140217 | Report this post

Wurstposta  
Years ago

good court annnouncer - i still think the centrals guy - what he doing is unique - even has his own cheer squad adds a bit of character - a good laugh
hope he doesnt take himself seriously though

Reply #140220 | Report this post

dfgfdg  
Years ago

No the Southern one is the best. He is very funny even though my club was playing against his I was laughing at his in-time out messages.

Reply #140239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern Tigers provide the best overall presentation on game night
The BBQ, the BAR, the after match food for players and officials.

And mainly, The court announcer ... he works very hard to ensure that the game is presented very professionally and all runs smoothly - great MC and always spot on with his commentary. Shows respect to both teams, but more for the home team and keeps everyone amused. BRILLIANT! National League standard.

Reply #140288 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haven't been to MV in a while, but if they're still using the same guy as in past years, he's one of the best at ABL level.

Reply #140299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#140217 the Mt Gambier announcer I think you are referring to doesn't it anymore. Michael Kosch has been doing it this season and does a fantastic job.

Reply #140306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad Philp was gold weres he gone?

Reply #140320 | Report this post

BH  
Years ago

to Hungry Jacks i would think.

Reply #140322 | Report this post

Nathan Durant  
Years ago

It is a laugh to pop into MV for a game, I love your work Mr Brown!!!
And Shazza on the scorebench, love your work too!

Reply #140348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The guy at south is pretty good....

Reply #140375 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

no names - but he was on fire at the dome on saturday - you guessed it the one and only -

Reply #140409 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754