david
Years ago

What aussies could be up for the draft in 2008?

Aaron Bruce is one.
Is it too soon for Patrick Mills and Ogilvy? Who else could be in the draft next year?

Topic #12013 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luke Neviell..Joe Joe..

Reply #140267 | Report this post

Realistic  
Years ago

No other Aussie will be drafted except Joe Ingles... You are kidding if you think Bruce, Mills or anyone like that will get drafted...

Lets be Realistic

Reply #140268 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Ingles and Ogilvy will be the next ones, Joe a chance next year think Andrew Ogilvy will be a shot after a few years at college. Def our next best prospects for the big show!

Reply #140270 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Ogilvy is no better then people like Lougten, Campbell etc were when they were at the AIS. They are now back in the NBL. Allen was meant to be the one but chose the wrong college.

Reply #140272 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Yes, it is too soon for Ogilvy and Mills.

Bruce and Aleks Maric are chances. Both entering thier last season of college this year. Bruce a bigger chance than Maric though.

Jingles too, as long as he develops this year.

Reply #140275 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Iti is being watched (if he can harness his gifts he could be a handy 2nd PF/C in the NBA)... If Reggie Theus can hold down the job in Sacto he will spread the vword about him as well..

Reply #140286 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I reckon Ogilvy, Ingles, Bruce and Maric are all chances in the near future.

Reply #140287 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Agreed AK - Maric is a canny player but VERY slow... I am not sure if an NBA team would be willing to take on a player like that...

Fact of the matter (RE: Jingles) is that Brad has now proved (if only slightly) that the NBL is a viable incubator for talented young bballers - and that was one of the big debates on here the last few years when Brad came onto the scene (should he have gone to college??? etc...)...

Reply #140290 | Report this post

k  
Years ago

Pat Mills will definitely make NBA someday in the future. Bruce is a gd chance too.

As for 2008 I think Ingles and Bruce are the only probables.

Reply #140294 | Report this post

k  
Years ago

hey guys,

I just went searching for 2008 NBA Mock Drafts and surprisingly I came across this one, which predicts Aussie Andrew Ogilvy will go pick 20.

http://nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2008

I checked numerous other mock drafts and the only one I could find with Joe Ingles predicted him to go pick 56

Reply #140303 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

thats bullcrap..ogivly wont go number 20 ..im sure he wont even go declare for the draft...newley has tried to get in the nba for what 2 years now and he only just got in at no. 56 in the 2nd round..u cant expcect ogivily to just jump up and make it..nor can u expect bruce etc to do the same..i think Matty Knight from Loyola Marymount is a good prospect..

Reply #140321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha.. who knew about Bogut before world champs..? an guess what with worlds just around the corner expect alot of eyes to be on the next big man coming from AUstralia... guess who it is ogilvy! pending on how the worlds go.. could suprise ALOT of people!

Reply #140344 | Report this post

basket57  
Years ago

Ogilvy was voted MVP of the last tournament the Aussie Junior team played in Europe.

They played most the best Euro sides and both he and Mills did well. Mills was allstar 5

That said, both would probably do at least 2 years of college. If not all 4 before declaring.

Reply #140352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ogilvy,Mills,Maric,Bruce,Neville,Iti,Ingles, are the only ones who have any kind of chance in the recent future.

Reply #140374 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:27 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754